Lets talk about vinyl

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

BellyFullOfHell

Re: Lets talk about vinyl

Post by BellyFullOfHell » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:36 am

Pre ordered the new Deftones LP on a double 180gm...only 3500 of those being manufactured, rear are on 740gm white, makes the price tag of £33 shipped slightly more tolerable.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:10 am

My amp has blown so I can't listen to the David Bowie compilation I picked up the other week :(

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:25 am

Ouch.

Is it proper dead?

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:40 am

Yes, but Denon have agreed to fix it.
Only issue is it was bought second hand and the receipt has the name of the original purchaser on it.
They're now addressing me as Rory/Darren!

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:48 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:Yes, but Denon have agreed to fix it.
Only issue is it was bought second hand and the receipt has the name of the original purchaser on it.
They're now addressing me as Rory/Darren!
Is it a stereo amp or AV amp? Also which model.

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:39 am

Picked up a new storage box for my vinyl and the new Anthrax record today, artwork looks great, will stick up a photo later!!

BellyFullOfHell

Post by BellyFullOfHell » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:02 am

Received a lovely red/gold 180gm reissue of Therapy? Nurse today. First one I've had from the Music On Vinyl label and I'm quite impressed with the overall quality.

Awaiting the arrival of Drive Like Jehu, and Wovenhand's Refractory Obdurate.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:45 am

BellyFullOfHell wrote:Received a lovely red/gold 180gm reissue of Therapy? Nurse today. First one I've had from the Music On Vinyl label and I'm quite impressed with the overall quality.

My 'Nurse' should be arriving today too! I picked up Refractory Obdurate on green vinyl a little while ago, it's a great album.

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:04 pm

Finally got a chance to spin my three new glow in the dark Perturbator EP's

First one is Sexualizer with a red glow in the dark vinyl limited to 200 world wide.

The second is Nocturne City with a green glow in the dark vinyl limited to 200 world wide. Anybody with a passing interest in blade runner and it's music should take the time to listen to this EP.

The third is Night Driving Avenger with a blue glow in the dark vinyl also limited to 200 world wide.

Was going to take photos of the neon colours on the rear covers but they are so bright the camera does not pick up the colours properly so they look very dull.

My other new record is Earth Diver by progressive black metal group Cormorant. It's a frosted clear vinyl with red and green splatter over two discs and a lovely gatefold sleeve. 200 copies world wide.

BellyFullOfHell

Post by BellyFullOfHell » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:38 pm

djcarlos wrote:
BellyFullOfHell wrote:Received a lovely red/gold 180gm reissue of Therapy? Nurse today. First one I've had from the Music On Vinyl label and I'm quite impressed with the overall quality.

My 'Nurse' should be arriving today too! I picked up Refractory Obdurate on green vinyl a little while ago, it's a great album.
Tiny bit disappointed with Nurse, as for some reason I was under the impression that this record was the recent remaster rather than the original. Still a nice release though.

Only heard of Wovenhand very recently due to finding out that members of Planes Mistaken For Stars were involved with the last record. To say I'm impressed would be a huge understatement. Bought from Amazon, so presuming I'll get the UK 180gm black release.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:59 pm

BellyFullOfHell wrote:
djcarlos wrote:

Tiny bit disappointed with Nurse, as for some reason I was under the impression that this record was the recent remaster rather than the original. Still a nice release though.

Only heard of Wovenhand very recently due to finding out that members of Planes Mistaken For Stars were involved with the last record. To say I'm impressed would be a huge understatement. Bought from Amazon, so presuming I'll get the UK 180gm black release.
I got mine from Amazon and it was the green version, unexpectedly!

If you're enjoying Wovenhand, you should check out 16 Horsepower - David Eugene Edwards' pre-WH band. 'Sackcloth & Ashes' is the one to go for first.

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:24 am

We are lucky in our town , we have two very good independent Record Stores ,both of which are very reasonable and have a huge variety of new and second hand vinyl .
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:54 am

Is anyone jumping in to Record Store Day this year? After the suede shenanigans of Dog Man Star I don't think I'll bother.

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:36 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:Is anyone jumping in to Record Store Day this year? After the suede shenanigans of Dog Man Star I don't think I'll bother.
There are a few I will be nabbing. Squeeze, Space and Frank Turner to name a few.
Going Solo...................

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:35 am

I will be looking too, just see whats about i can nab, im hoping ot grab some Blue beat stuff myself.
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!