Nintendo UK's customer service is woeful...

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

rolan

Nintendo UK's customer service is woeful...

Post by rolan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:17 am

So i ordered the Rodea Sky Soldier limited edition with all the bells and whistles (audio book etc) from Nintendo's site. As I don't have a UK address anymore I sent it to a friends house as for some reason they won't post to southern Ireland...

By the time I got there and collected it from a friend, lo and behold all the extra bells and whistles I'd paid for weren't in the box, it was just a vanilla copy of the game. After like 50 minutes on the phone, they said they couldn't send me the missing bits (great) , but they could like process it for a refund 14 working days blah blah blah. Of course they won't like pay for me to post it from the republic of Ireland... blah blah blah...

I'm not in the UK again for 6 months so having a replacement is like zero use to me, i wont have the game over christmas.. and i have 14 days to send it back and no they can't change the address (i had it posted to my friends office, which obviously they won't be in over christmas time, they wouldn't let me change it to sending it to a friends house instead... )

Bearing in mind this was all their fault, I just really thought it was terrible customer service, I was just expecting them to be like, yeah we'll just send you another copy as its christmas ... and they even admitted it was an issue a lot of customers who had ordered rodea had run into ... but yeah, just would recommend avoid using them if you can! - It wasn't the guy on the phone's fault but I was really staggered that Nintendo are allowing such poor customer service to be carried out on their behalf... I was like can't you just send me another copy in the warehouse, pull out the game box and send me the goodies i should have got with my order and they were like no....

Does anyone know any other retailer selling the special edition? I really don't trust them to get my order right a second time?

Sorry about the rant.

anyone else had good/bad experience with them? :/

pratty

Re: Nintendo UK's customer service is woeful...

Post by pratty » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:32 pm

That's a poor show, you'd think a company of Nintendo's size would have the resoucres to put this right, if not get it right in the first place.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:47 pm

They were ace when my DS needed a repair. One online booking, they sent a box for free courier collection, checked it out, repaired it for free even out of warranty and sent it back within a couple of weeks. Best service I've ever had when something has gone wrong, totally painless and required almost no effort on my part.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

MadManDan79

Post by MadManDan79 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:32 pm

Try putting in a complaint in to the head of customer service or the uk managing director.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:50 pm

MadManDan79 wrote:Try putting in a complaint in to the head of customer service or the uk managing director.

That's what I did when they had my Wii for over 2 months. One quick letter to the CEO and coincidentally a brand new one turned up soon after

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:02 am

Customer Service is always a lottery.

I work in CS for a major UK retailer. Personally, I will do whatever I can to resolve a customers issues with our products, but I also work with folks who just don't care and actively try to be as awkward as possible with customers.

Sounds to me like you got Mr "Whatever, I don't care". Lodge a proper, written complaint. Try to include the time of day, name of the rep if you remember it, etc as the call will be logged (and probably recorded) by their system.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:26 am

a certain online retailer of geek culture books and similar items charged me extra for a signed copy of a book i ordered, didnt send a signed one and then said if i couldnt be in for the courier i couldnt have it swapped or any of the money back when i said i would accept unsigned if i could get a partial refund

i've worked in customer service my whole working life, so maybe my expectations are too high sometimes.....

rolan

Post by rolan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:21 pm

Negative Creep wrote:
MadManDan79 wrote:Try putting in a complaint in to the head of customer service or the uk managing director.

That's what I did when they had my Wii for over 2 months. One quick letter to the CEO and coincidentally a brand new one turned up soon after
Yeah i get the feeling they just didnt care, they kept saying yeah print out the label and pop it in the post - ignoring my repeated statement that i was literally leaving the country in an hour and didnt have time to find a printer / buy packing materials and q up in a post office like 2-3 days before Christmas...

Thanks guys. Good advice. You don't happen to have their CEO email or name or anything? Did you just find the names and addresses by googling or did you have to google it? And is it CEO of Nintendo or The hut group? - thanks :)

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:30 pm

Looks like the CEO is Satoru Shibata

http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=b-7806 ... 20Director

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:56 pm

Surely distance selling rules would apply and they should of sorted you out?! Pretty shocking they were not willing to budge.

rolan

Post by rolan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:29 pm

Ive sent them an email asking them to sort it or refer it upwards, but yeah, really shocking service :/

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:22 pm

rolan wrote:Ive sent them an email asking them to sort it or refer it upwards, but yeah, really shocking service :/
typically shoddy service from nintendo, hope you get it sorted

MadManDan79

Post by MadManDan79 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:36 am

If not you could always involve trading standards or watchdog.

rolan

Post by rolan » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:49 pm

... thanks for advice/support guys, .. and now they've just stopped answering as soon as i asked for the contact details of someone more senior...... I've worked in customer service, and yeah i'm pretty sure either they have a ridiculously high staff turnover or no-one cares or both... unbeliveably awful service... don't really care about the extra goodies anymore just amazed their service is so dreadful. They've basically just mugged me of £15 and are not replying now, bravo Nintendo... great job outsourcing to the worst customer service ever... :x

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:06 pm

Write a polite but firm letter to the CEO and send it recorded delivery