Paris under attack

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

markopoloman

Re: Paris under attack

Post by markopoloman » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:49 pm

What would you lot do if a radical sect took control of the UK and started doing what they do in the middle east?

Would you pack your bags and jump ship to another country?
Would you join them because you'd be safer?
Would you stand up and fight for your country/belief in freedom?

It was pointed out earlier in this thread that the majority of immigrants are young men - and watching the news channels, you'd be stupid not to notice this. Yes there are women and children sometimes, but lots and lots of young (and healthy) men.
Why are they not flocking to another Arab country? They could form an Anti-Isil army to fight for their countries - get them back. Where are their sisters/mothers?
I know we only see a small amount of these people on TV and there are lots of genuine cases where they need to get out - but enough is enough. Europe needs to take control of its borders and the other countries that have kept quiet need to start taking these 'refugees' in.

In answer to my own question.... I wouldn't run away, I'd stand up and fight for freedom.
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:06 am

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:we should give them the land they have taken in Syria, let them have their caliphate, one time offer of free and safe passage to anybody who wants in (and that includes their supporters here or across Europe ), and then leave them to it.

no involvement, no trade, they live off the land however they can, nobody gets out and they can do as they please in their own little kingdom of twisted ideology.
and then nuke it :mrgreen:

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:20 am

markopoloman wrote:What would you lot do if a radical sect took control of the UK and started doing what they do in the middle east?

Would you pack your bags and jump ship to another country?
Would you join them because you'd be safer?
Would you stand up and fight for your country/belief in freedom?

It was pointed out earlier in this thread that the majority of immigrants are young men - and watching the news channels, you'd be stupid not to notice this. Yes there are women and children sometimes, but lots and lots of young (and healthy) men.
Why are they not flocking to another Arab country? They could form an Anti-Isil army to fight for their countries - get them back. Where are their sisters/mothers?
I know we only see a small amount of these people on TV and there are lots of genuine cases where they need to get out - but enough is enough. Europe needs to take control of its borders and the other countries that have kept quiet need to start taking these 'refugees' in.

In answer to my own question.... I wouldn't run away, I'd stand up and fight for freedom.
indeed, in times of conflict it's always the men (especially the younger men) who stand and fight, they don't abandon sons, daughters, mothers and fathers while they flee thousands of miles to safety.

we now have a situation where there are literally thousands of young men who are completely invisible and have disappeared into various countries across Europe. Clearly most won't be terrorists, they may be criminals, wastrels, fraudsters etc, but hopefully they don't want to machine gun our children, but there is no doubt that among them will be isis supporters who are using the "refugee" situation to gain easy entry to Europe.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:27 am

Rayne wrote:
HalcyonDaze00 wrote:we should give them the land they have taken in Syria, let them have their caliphate, one time offer of free and safe passage to anybody who wants in (and that includes their supporters here or across Europe ), and then leave them to it.

no involvement, no trade, they live off the land however they can, nobody gets out and they can do as they please in their own little kingdom of twisted ideology.
and then nuke it :mrgreen:
probably a bit far, but once they are set up in their own little hellhole they can be kept firmly in check and any attempted encroachment on other areas can be ruthlessly crushed.

will be good for deporting their supporters too, those who don't like western values and our way of life can be packed off to chez isis for a blissful existence of death and horror.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:33 am

Facebook right now

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:26 am

HalcyonDaze00 wrote: indeed, in times of conflict it's always the men (especially the younger men) who stand and fight, they don't abandon sons, daughters, mothers and fathers while they flee thousands of miles to safety.

we now have a situation where there are literally thousands of young men who are completely invisible and have disappeared into various countries across Europe. Clearly most won't be terrorists, they may be criminals, wastrels, fraudsters etc, but hopefully they don't want to machine gun our children, but there is no doubt that among them will be isis supporters who are using the "refugee" situation to gain easy entry to Europe.
So so much ignorance. How many conflicts and civil wars have you been involved in? Who is "abandoning" who? You're just making up your own stories to fit the narrative you are "comfortable" with. Its pure paranoia. You never point out any positives in refugees and migrants - so it just makes you come across as a bigot. With any enormous group of people, you will get of course "criminals, wastrels, fraudsters", and yes, maybe even potential "terrorists" - but the majority WILL be decent human beings who are just fleeing a warzone (are are actually educated people with morals and good work ethic and values), and making the huge dangerous voyage because its a hell hole in Syria. Its not a case of "staying and fighting" - as the reasons some will be leaving family behind (because how can the elderly, or really young make this trip? You think its easy?). I think there would be plenty of young british males who'd struggle to do this, because of poor health and obesity. I'm not surprised that many are "young, fit men" making the journey.

You and I will NEVER understand what these people are going through (at least I hope we don't), so its very easy to make negative claims that they are coming over to Europe because they hate "our freedom" and values, but in the vast majority of cases, this is just utter nonsense. People weren't fleeing Syria and Libya when they had a stable government - that is because they didn't need to, and compared to now, had it pretty good.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:45 am

I'm just grateful absolutely nothing else is occurring at home and abroad so the tv news channels can concentrate on just this one story all day the same as yesterday.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

fredghostmaster

Post by fredghostmaster » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:54 am

Seph, I wonder how you'd feel if one of your family or close friends was the victim of a terrorist attack perpetrated by someone claiming to be a refugee from Syria? Would you still maintain your "oh well, there's always the odd bad apple" attitude, or would you want answers on how the terrorist was able to slip into the country pretending to be a refugee?

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:59 am

markopoloman wrote: I'd stand up and fight for freedom.
I would fight for my family and freedom.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:00 am

Surely if they decry all that is hedonistic,westernised and frivolous then on the way into their caves with no power supplies and technology,they should also hand over all technology and non traditional clothing , as well as weaponry and everything else given to or influenced,maufactured or provided by those non believers who so plainly offend them with their sins.

Then drop the massive dome over the whole thing and let them enjoy themselves.

Think in reality there is little likelihood of reasoning with them as religious fanaticism knows no logic , however fighting fire with fire then simply makes it look like its based in religious dominance . I couldnt care for religion any less - just stop being such f'cking pr!cks - no one is more right than someone else.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:20 am

fredghostmaster wrote:Seph, I wonder how you'd feel if one of your family or close friends was the victim of a terrorist attack perpetrated by someone claiming to be a refugee from Syria? Would you still maintain your "oh well, there's always the odd bad apple" attitude, or would you want answers on how the terrorist was able to slip into the country pretending to be a refugee?
I'm more likely to lose a family or close friend from cancer or a road accident, or even just a plain nasty evil white british person. Does this mean I should hate cars, white brits and multiplying cancerous cells?? (ok the last one perhaps I do but you get my point!).

We're allowing a very small amount of refugees in to the country, and all of those will be scrutinised up to their eyeballs.
gman72 wrote:
markopoloman wrote: I'd stand up and fight for freedom.
I would fight for my family and freedom.
Sorry, but this is just empty talk and also hugely unfair on refugees. You may be both good at Call of Duty and Battlefield, but this means pretty little when you are in the midst of a real civil war. This is not like World War 1 or 2, where the state would supply you and support you, you are a civilian getting bombed and shot at by western superpowers, Syrian government, Syrian rebels and ISIL - and you are in the middle of it. Don't try to be a "keyboard warrior" as Laird would put it (Rest in Peace Laird!).
The Beans wrote:I'm just grateful absolutely nothing else is occurring at home and abroad so the tv news channels can concentrate on just this one story all day the same as yesterday.
Sadly, its not a good day to be a victim of a sexual assault or murder. You'll just never get the coverage you want. Its all about Paris. Selfish gits.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:32 am

Sephiroth81 wrote:
HalcyonDaze00 wrote: indeed, in times of conflict it's always the men (especially the younger men) who stand and fight, they don't abandon sons, daughters, mothers and fathers while they flee thousands of miles to safety.

So so much ignorance. How many conflicts and civil wars have you been involved in? Who is "abandoning" who? You're just making up your own stories to fit the narrative you are "comfortable" with. Its pure paranoia. You never point out any positives in refugees and migrants - so it just makes you come across as a bigot. With any enormous group of people, you will get of course "criminals, wastrels, fraudsters", and yes, maybe even potential "terrorists" - but the majority WILL be decent human beings who are just fleeing a warzone (are are actually educated people with morals and good work ethic and values), and making the huge dangerous voyage because its a hell hole in Syria. Its not a case of "staying and fighting" - as the reasons some will be leaving family behind (because how can the elderly, or really young make this trip? You think its easy?). I think there would be plenty of young british males who'd struggle to do this, because of poor health and obesity. I'm not surprised that many are "young, fit men" making the journey.

You and I will NEVER understand what these people are going through (at least I hope we don't), so its very easy to make negative claims that they are coming over to Europe because they hate "our freedom" and values, but in the vast majority of cases, this is just utter nonsense. People weren't fleeing Syria and Libya when they had a stable government - that is because they didn't need to, and compared to now, had it pretty good.
I don't think anyone is saying they are all anti-west and all potential suicide bombers. Some of them are though - that is sadly indeed a fact now. I don't like all this liberal political 'let them all in' rubbish. The borders need to be closed. They need to be closed yesterday.
A proper system, checking each and every person coming over the borders, tracking where they move to and making sure they integrate into our societies. Yes, it is partly the fault of the West and its idiotic attempt at peace keeping there - it would never have worked, will never work as they are a completely different brand of humanity that follow a completely different approach to life.
Muslims that have settled in the UK and live the UK way of life are absolutely fine, as are those all across Europe doing the same but flooding us with an unlimited amount of radicals is going just add fuel to a slow burning fire that is starting to burn out of control.
Peace will not happen in our lifetime - France is correct, what happened on Friday was an act of war by ISIS and Merkel needs to open her eyes and realise that Germany has made a huge mistake by allowing mass immigration without proper checks and tracking.
It won't be long until the next set of bombs/shootings happen in the EU.... and still the Liberals will be shouting about it not being the fault of immigrants and we should continue letting them flood in.

Wake up time. I'd add before I am accused.... I despise Britain First and their ilk. I am not a UKIP supporter either. I'm Just a citizen that isn't blind and stupid.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:38 am

Sephiroth81 wrote:
Sorry, but this is just empty talk and also hugely unfair on refugees. You may be both good at Call of Duty and Battlefield, but this means pretty little when you are in the midst of a real civil war. This is not like World War 1 or 2, where the state would supply you and support you, you are a civilian getting bombed and shot at by western superpowers, Syrian government, Syrian rebels and ISIL - and you are in the middle of it. Don't try to be a "keyboard warrior" as Laird would put it (Rest in Peace Laird!).
I'm crap at Call of duty!

But no matter what you may think of the British people, a very large amount will stand up and fight for the country and our way of life. It doesn't mean we will all grab pitch forks/knives/guns and go killing people though. Why does it have to be a violent response? I'm no keyboard warrior - but more positively, I am no keyboard Liberal!

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:49 am

markopoloman wrote:
I'm crap at Call of duty!

But no matter what you may think of the British people, a very large amount will stand up and fight for the country and our way of life. It doesn't mean we will all grab pitch forks/knives/guns and go killing people though. Why does it have to be a violent response? I'm no keyboard warrior - but more positively, I am no keyboard Liberal!
Aren't many of these terrorists "home grown"?

I think it may be better to be a keyboard liberal than a keyboard warrior! At least a keyboard liberal is standing up for their principles both behind the keyboard AND in reality! Keyboard warriors by definition talk the talk, but when it comes to it are nothing but normal human beings like the rest of us, including Syrians, Libyans, French and British.

A huge amount of Syrians "stand up and fight" - which is why you have an oppressive powerful government fighting rebels pointlessly killing each other and allowing another a more malevolent group to grow (ie Daesh/ISIL). Naturally, whenever there is a civil war, people will see there is no use fighting as it will only lead to their own death - and look for another option, ie leaving the country. This is not an unusual response, and has basically happened in all countries throughout the world. They are not cowards, they just know that they're not going to win this battle, so it would be best to find safety for both them and their families. It would be more foolish at this stage to become a Syrian rebel, especially if you have a family. I would imagine the best solution would be to escape Syria to the safety of camps, and perhaps then try to head into Europe.

fredghostmaster

Post by fredghostmaster » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:14 pm

Seph, that was a strange answer to my question, in fact it wasn't really an answer at all was it? It was another question, a great diversionary tactic. Yes, statistically someone you know is more likely to die of cancer etc but that wasn't what I asked. As I said earlier, I lost a good friend in the Aldgate 7/7 bombing, so I know what it is like to lose someone in a terrorist attack in this country, albeit caused by a homegrown bomber. I asked how would you feel if it happened to you, would you want to know how and why a terrorist was allowed in under the guise of being a refugee? Or would you shrug and accept there are always the odd bad apple in every crowd? No one is saying you should hate refugees by the way, stop putting words in peoples mouths. Limiting refugees may be harsh on genuine ones but if it keeps out a few "bad apples" and saves the lives of potentially hundreds of UK citizens, then it is the Government's responsibility to the people of this country to keep them safe. I wonder if you'd still take the moral high ground on everything if you had been personally affected, I hope you never have to find out.