Paris under attack

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Sel Feena

Re: Paris under attack

Post by Sel Feena » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:11 am

If a nuke was set off in Brum...how would anyone know?

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:18 am

Because the Bull Ring would be destroyed, and the surrounding towns would have no where to loiter and buy their wares.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:23 am

...Ba-dum-tish? :?

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:35 am

Sel Feena wrote:...Ba-dum-tish? :?
Yea, I'm not sure why we homed in on poor Birmingham! I don't mind the place to be honest! I think it was an observation that there are as many muslims per capita in Brum, as the rest of the countries perception is of how many muslims there are in their little hamlet or village.

(I know I started it :P )

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:27 am

Appalling, while politics and sodding religion has its place in all this my thoughts are with all the families torn apart after all this.

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:52 am

RodimusPrime wrote:
Sephiroth81 wrote:I think the only solution is to nuke the entire middle east, Pakistan, large parts of africa, India and Indonesia......and Birmingham.

Yes, I've now joined Britain First. My knee has been jerked by something on the news....again. I'll let you know who I hate next week.
Maybe Birminghman, seems a bit hash on the rest of the places though.
No I live in Birmingham and large parts of the middle east, pakistan and parts of Africa live here so a nuke here would be save ruining them beautiful countries.

Sad for the people of Paris and France but I only think this will be happening more often around Europe. If half a dozen loons want to do this I cant see what you can do to stop them.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:40 am

aztecca wrote: Sad for the people of Paris and France but I only think this will be happening more often around Europe. If half a dozen loons want to do this I cant see what you can do to stop them.
Loons where better in the olden days

The type that walked down the street yelling things like "MY CHICKEN DAVE YELP YIP"

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:43 am

DPrinny wrote:
aztecca wrote: Sad for the people of Paris and France but I only think this will be happening more often around Europe. If half a dozen loons want to do this I cant see what you can do to stop them.

The type that walked down the street yelling things like "MY CHICKEN DAVE YELP YIP"
Whilst dressed as Doom guy?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:11 am

aztecca wrote:
DPrinny wrote:

Whilst dressed as Doom guy?
DOOM guy dont walk down the street

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:22 am

aztecca wrote:
Sad for the people of Paris and France but I only think this will be happening more often around Europe. If half a dozen loons want to do this I cant see what you can do to stop them.
You say "Europe", but I feel the majority of these types of attacks (whether on its actual soil, or against its citizens in other countries) will be on countries who are knee deep in wars abroad (or at least contributing).

I don't believe its a coincidence that France and Russia have been targeted in recent days/weeks, they're both heavily involved in Syria. Its little wonder that Cameron has been so on edge recently about whether to join in on the bombing campaign in Syria. If I threw rocks at my enemies house for whatever reason, I could probably expect some sort of reprisal. No easy answers though.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:28 am

Wars are very different now that's certain. It's hard to see how anything is going to change. For all our intelligence services I am still amazed at how quickly IS came to prominence so quickly.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:34 am

Dont help that the US is providing them with guns and ammo

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:57 am

Sephiroth81 wrote: If I threw rocks at my enemies house for whatever reason, I could probably expect some sort of reprisal. No easy answers though.
So when are you off around beans/rodimusprimes house with your bag of rocks. :wink:

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:07 am

He has vegetarian arms. would be lucky to throw a pebble more than a couple of inches.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:22 am

Strange thread this.