Have forums had their day?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
Spector
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:44 pm

Re: Have forums had their day?

Post by Spector » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:55 pm

Asking whether forums have had their day on an active forum is a bit like going to Old Trafford on a Saturday afternoon and asking people if football is finished. Nah, I'm sure we're all gong to be here a while yet :wink:
The Retro Gaming Discord channel. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Tphe4UH

Don't be scared: join in the chat! :)

User avatar
Sephiroth81
Posts: 4594
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 am

Re: Have forums had their day?

Post by Sephiroth81 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:49 pm

Spector wrote:Asking whether forums have had their day on an active forum is a bit like going to Old Trafford on a Saturday afternoon and asking people if football is finished. Nah, I'm sure we're all gong to be here a while yet :wink:
Forums have a while yet, but what about IRC??? :P :wink:

User avatar
the_hawk
Posts: 5852
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Have forums had their day?

Post by the_hawk » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:22 am

Spector wrote:Asking whether forums have had their day on an active forum is a bit like going to Old Trafford on a Saturday afternoon and asking people if football is finished. Nah, I'm sure we're all gong to be here a while yet :wink:
Ha, I get your point & hope you're right. But I think it's more like going to a half empty stadium where most people are too busy having tedious arguments about stuff all and most of the folk who are there to watch the game are bored of it and have decided to stay at home & watch the game in peace.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

User avatar
Spector
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:44 pm

Re: Have forums had their day?

Post by Spector » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:32 am

Sephiroth81 wrote:
Spector wrote:Asking whether forums have had their day on an active forum is a bit like going to Old Trafford on a Saturday afternoon and asking people if football is finished. Nah, I'm sure we're all gong to be here a while yet :wink:
Forums have a while yet, but what about IRC??? :P :wink:
Man, IRC is dead! Only complete and utter weirdos would log in for that now. Just look at the state of the IRC for this forum!
The Retro Gaming Discord channel. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Tphe4UH

Don't be scared: join in the chat! :)

User avatar
rossi46
Posts: 4366
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:14 pm
Location: melrose
Contact:

Re: Have forums had their day?

Post by rossi46 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:11 am

How can the metaphorical people be both at the game and have chosen to stay at home and watch on tv?
Thoughts and prayers.

User avatar
the_hawk
Posts: 5852
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Have forums had their day?

Post by the_hawk » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:11 am

rossi46 wrote:How can the metaphorical people be both at the game and have chosen to stay at home and watch on tv?
They sliced themselves in two because they were bored of pedants.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

User avatar
Sephiroth81
Posts: 4594
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 am

Re: Have forums had their day?

Post by Sephiroth81 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:50 am

Spector wrote:
Man, IRC is dead! Only complete and utter weirdos would log in for that now. Just look at the state of the IRC for this forum!
Great, see you on there on Sunday.

No better place in the world to talk about hideous 8 bit games, wife beaters and Jimmy Saville.

User avatar
Spector
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:44 pm

Re: Have forums had their day?

Post by Spector » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:08 am

Sephiroth81 wrote:
Spector wrote:
Man, IRC is dead! Only complete and utter weirdos would log in for that now. Just look at the state of the IRC for this forum!
Great, see you on there on Sunday.

No better place in the world to talk about hideous 8 bit games, wife beaters and Jimmy Saville.
That list is in reverse order of importance, but yeah, you said it!
The Retro Gaming Discord channel. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Tphe4UH

Don't be scared: join in the chat! :)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests