What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ALK

Re: What Films/TV Have you Watched Recently?

Post by ALK » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:44 pm

Inside Out- Not ashamed to admit this got me teary eyed. A superb return to what Pixar can do very well when it's not having a sequel fad. Highly Recommended too.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:14 pm

Watched the first two Mad Max films over the last week. Really great. I'd previously only seen The Road Warrior so the final part of the trilogy will be all-new for me.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:23 pm

Watched the new Mag Max and its brilliant Tom Hardy looks very much like his Bane character from Batman minus the high pitched voice..

Star Rebels Movie brilliant Vader is on there loads and voiced by James Earl Jones.. They actually made Vader too powerful which is how he should be taking out half the Rebellion terrorists by himselfs.. The Dark side is a religion of peace that has been totally misunderstood by a few rebel bigots...
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:03 pm

Shinobi wrote:Star Rebels Movie brilliant Vader is on there loads and voiced by James Earl Jones.. They actually made Vader too powerful which is how he should be taking out half the Rebellion terrorists by himselfs.. The Dark side is a religion of peace that has been totally misunderstood by a few rebel bigots...
Um, what are you on about. Am I missing a movie here?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:01 pm

Terminator Genisys - pleasantly surprised; a lot different from the first 3 but it was good. Considering going to watch it again in 3D, maybe this time not on a Sunday with silly couple on the row, with annoying talking woman and I think what sounded like Russian people behind me. Why go and see and film and talk? I think I might be sticking to afternoon showings from now on.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:07 pm

X-files s2e7

DEVIL BABAY!!!!!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:35 am

Hot Pursuit, a terrible 'comedy' starring Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara. Reese really lets it down with an OTT performance that is never believable.

Insurgent. The sequel to Divergent, there's even less going on in this one, its mostly just people running around.
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:23 am

More of Mad Men - Season 7 - I only have about 1 more episode left. It'll be goodbye to Don, Pete, Cooper, Joan, Betty, etc. An interesting season so far, probably not the best, but interesting. I think the series picked about the right time to go out. Don Draper is a very complex man.

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:23 am

The very last episode of Mad Men. Sort of a fitting end to the series. This season hasn't been the best - I think that the whole theme of consumerism and so on, had run its course - and that was one of the problems. It did provide the characters with a good send off.

Then I re-watched some anime - Akira. "Kaaanadaaa!" :D :D :D :D It had been so long since I had seen it - so I didn't know what to expect. It's definitely not for everyone. If you dystopian stuff - then I suppose you'll like it.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:51 pm

Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome. Easily the weakest of the three. I was falling asleep at points and I reckon I could easily just re-watch the first two in the future without ever having to see this one again.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:06 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Shinobi wrote:Star Rebels Movie brilliant Vader is on there loads and voiced by James Earl Jones.. They actually made Vader too powerful which is how he should be taking out half the Rebellion terrorists by himselfs.. The Dark side is a religion of peace that has been totally misunderstood by a few rebel bigots...
Star Wars Rebels Season 2 it's a 1 hour movie leading up too Season 2.. It starts where Season 1 ends after the Inquistor dies and you see Vader emerge from the Imperial Shuttle..

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars- ... re-june-20
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

dste

Post by dste » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:07 pm

Finished off 30 Rock season six and went straight into season seven. Only 13 episodes so was watched in three nights. Really good last episode, fitting end to the series.

Watched the first season of Lost Girl a couple of weeks back and started season two today.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

leefishuk

Post by leefishuk » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:03 am

Watched Gone Girl with the wife.

Tip 1 - watch Gone Girl.

Tip 2 - don't watch it with your other half!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:20 am

Shinobi wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:
Star Wars Rebels Season 2 it's a 1 hour movie leading up too Season 2.. It starts where Season 1 ends after the Inquistor dies and you see Vader emerge from the Imperial Shuttle..

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars- ... re-june-20
Ah, ok, I've seen that. It's not as you described.

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:50 am

Started watching through Better Call Saul. I'm in a bit of an apathetic mood with games at the moment, which means I actually watch a bit of TV instead. Well, Netflix, anyway.