David Lowe kickstarter

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DRS

David Lowe kickstarter

Post by DRS » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:20 am

Hello all - if after reading the Desert Island Disks piece in the current issue you feel inspired to support Dave in remaking some of his classic videogame soundtracks, here is the link. The project was just a grand and a half short last time so I really hope RG readers (if you haven't already!) might be the ones to make this happen second time round! The Lowe's are a cracking bunch and they've already got over half the amount needed in pledges. Fingers crossed! Cheers folks.

http://kck.st/1f3c0wx

merman

Re: David Lowe kickstarter

Post by merman » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:25 pm

Backed!
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:32 pm

I've backed Project Sidologie and the Reformation cd by Matt Gray, but this... just no. Not good enough to earn my backing.

Why care about the weather
It always ends in dark

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:57 am

Massive fan of Unlce Art, one of my favourite chip tune musicians. Hope this gets there this time.

PostieDoc

Post by PostieDoc » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:31 am

Backed for the signed CD and extras.

Spiff

Post by Spiff » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:06 am

I've backed all 3 versions! I think they should've adjusted this time to reduce the goal by a couple of grand, but we'll see.

PaulEMoz

Post by PaulEMoz » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:13 pm

Hopefully they'll add some of the suggestions as extra rewards before the end, to bring in more people.

They are really nice people, I can vouch for that too, and I think this could be a really good project if it comes off.

DRS

Post by DRS » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:16 am

They've cracked the 20 grand mark :) Two weeks left for the kickstarter and just over 10 grand to go... they've added quite a few interesting bits to the campaign (remix competition, original Amiga/St development disks and the like) so do have a look if you haven't already and cheers for all those that have lent their support! http://kck.st/1f3c0wx

Nikolai

Post by Nikolai » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:43 pm

5 days left and lacking 1/3rd of the amount asked. Doesn't look good.:(

DRS

Post by DRS » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:53 am

Nikolai wrote:5 days left and lacking 1/3rd of the amount asked. Doesn't look good.:(
[Donning a George Michael moustache]

Oh Nikolai you've gotta have faith!

To be fair, the last time they ran this kickstarter earlier this year, they had LESS pledges at this stage and STILL got agonisingly near to raising the required amount (just £1500 short).

I remember interviewing Dave Lowe with a week to go with that campaign for the article in the current issue of RG and delicately asked him if he felt positive about reaching the target (they had raised about half of the total if I remember correctly at that stage) and he laughed and said no, not really... and then in the last day or so, they had loads of last minute pledges! I think that's the way KS works sometimes - people see it's their last chance to make something happen and get carried away with the momentum...

Anyway, let's see if we can help make this happen this time. Stay positive Nikolai!

[Dons Parappa beany hat]

You gotta believe!

DRS

Post by DRS » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:05 am

Well, the end if nigh! The Kickstarter ends this Sunday night and they're nearly there! If you haven't already, do see if us RG readers can help back this project into reality. Cheers everyone.

PaulEMoz

Post by PaulEMoz » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:32 am

Looking good, as long as it holds up through the day! :D

DRS

Post by DRS » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:30 am

They did it! The target was reached and so this will happen... thanks to all RG folk who backed it and spread the word. Nice one.

merman

Post by merman » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:27 pm

Excellent news!
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Eric

Post by Eric » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:58 am

DRS wrote:Hello all - if after reading the Desert Island Disks piece in the current issue you feel inspired to support Dave in remaking some of his classic videogame soundtracks, here is the link. The project was just a grand and a half short last time so I really hope RG readers (if you haven't already!) might be the ones to make this happen second time round! The Lowe's are a cracking bunch and they've already got over half the amount needed in pledges. Fingers crossed! Cheers folks.

http://kck.st/1f3c0wx
Desert Island Disks did indeed give me that extra push to back it. I never played Starglider or Eilte II but many a 8-bit game I played then had the music by Mr Lowe including my favorite track Power Drift!