Introduce yourself

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

psj3809

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by psj3809 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:31 am

Welcome to the site

You've in a good location !

I think its once a month theres a big retro night at the 'bat cave' in Blackburn high street. I'll have to find details

Also every saturday night from 6pm-10pm theres 'Arcade Club' in Helmshore. Look on the iplayer for the last episode of Collectorholics on BBC2 as it features the arcade (Plus theres a hydraulic Out Run there !). Plus of course theres Play Expo in Blackpool this saturday-monday and the massive Play Expo in Manchester some time in October i think it'll be.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:11 pm

Welcome back and welcome to the forum!

For those wondering why no new people have joined for a while - there was a problem with signing up... all fixed now though :D
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Sam_P

Post by Sam_P » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:21 pm

Hello all!

I previously tried signing up like a month or so ago, but unfortunately I couldn't due to the problem with signing up.

Anyway, I am Sam, I'm 22 and I'm from Beverley (Hull's posh cousin). I've recently started collecting retro games since discovering some old games whilst clearing out my grandad's house. I much prefer Playstation games, and I'm in the process of collecting Playstation 1 and 2 games, though I am a Playstation 3 gamer, too.

Outside of gaming, I'm a huge hockey fan (Calgary Flames), so if there's fellow hockey insomniacs out there, I salute you. In between collecting games, I'm working as a waiter, and I'm slowly but surely getting a leg sleeve of my favorite retro games (I've been saying this for years but only bothered getting two so far :lol: ).

Happy gaming!

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:42 pm

Welcome! PS1, 2 & 3 - no 4?
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Sam_P

Post by Sam_P » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:08 pm

markopoloman wrote:Welcome! PS1, 2 & 3 - no 4?
Unfortunately not, not for another year or so at least. My 3 barely sees the light of day as it is, so buying a 4 would be an expensive ornament for the time being! :lol:

phil8715

Post by phil8715 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:13 pm

psj3809 wrote:Welcome to the site

You've in a good location !

I think its once a month theres a big retro night at the 'bat cave' in Blackburn high street. I'll have to find details

Also every saturday night from 6pm-10pm theres 'Arcade Club' in Helmshore. Look on the iplayer for the last episode of Collectorholics on BBC2 as it features the arcade (Plus theres a hydraulic Out Run there !). Plus of course theres Play Expo in Blackpool this saturday-monday and the massive Play Expo in Manchester some time in October i think it'll be.
Thank you.

Where is this expo in Manchester being held? I remember reading something about it.

boxoff

Post by boxoff » Fri May 01, 2015 9:46 am

I'm George Venables, 27 from Kent.

Proud owner of;

Atari 2600/ 5200
C64
Atari ST
PC Engine
NES
SNES
N64
Gamecube
Saturn
Dreamcast
Megadrive
Master System II
GameGear
Gameboy
DS
DS Lite
3DS
PS1
PS2
PS3
PS4
Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One
Atari Jaguar

A million different accessories and a HUGE library of games.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri May 01, 2015 9:49 am

Whats your favourite system from all those ??

(Welcome to the site)

Spirit of AHB

Post by Spirit of AHB » Sun May 03, 2015 3:00 pm

Hello

I'm spirit of Ahb been a gamer for over 20 years and long time reader and viewer of these forums I'm basically here just for a chat. :D

Lord_Baldy

Post by Lord_Baldy » Mon May 18, 2015 9:10 am

Hello,

I am a 45yrs old fat bald man who started gaming in the early 80's, after choosing a Texas TI-99/4A for Christmas over a 16k Spectrum, this was the year that Texas were pulling out of the market, but the salesman assured my dad and myself that there'd still be plenty of support for it, so knowing nothing about computers at the time, went for the big machine with nice keyboard over that little tiny rubber keyed thing.

Obviously this was a bit of a mistake, as armed with my January birthday money I ventured into town hoping to return ladened with all manner of TI gaming related goodies, only to find all the shops had of course cleared their shelves of nearly all their stock and all I came back with was TI's space invaders and pac man clones on cartridge, good games while they actually were, the choice available was not great and soon I had to resort to getting my gaming fix via a dwindling supply of mail order tape based games, which were generally a bit crap, but realising the error of our ways my dad very kindly bought me a 2nd hand (we didn't have "pre-owned" back then) 48k Spectrum for the following Christmas and all was well with the world.

I eventually "upgraded" to a 128k Spectrum +2, and also have owned in my time an Atari ST, Amiga 500, Japanese Game Boy (before the western release), PC Engine, Neo Geo, SNES, Sega Master system, Western and Jap Megadrives (I fondly remember the days of having to import more obscure Japanese release's) and a Jaguar.

The more "modern" consoles I currently own are a PS1 & 2, GameCube, and the original Xbox and a 360. I have no plans to buy any of the newer machines as I have no intention of selling my soul to the god of micro transaction's.

Over and out.

:D

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:17 pm

Welcome to the forum :)

Churchy

Post by Churchy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:13 pm

Hi all,

Thought I should actually introduce myself properly!

Just your friendly neighbourhood freelancer here - I've been writing a few things for the mag recently so I thought I'd pop in and say hi!

Although born at the end of the 80s, I had an early start in gaming from my older brothers with the ZX Spectrum and a Commodore Amiga 500 and 1200, life is been good and geeky ever since!

maxiringo1131

Post by maxiringo1131 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:31 pm

hi Guys,

I am Maxi from Jakarta - Indonesia, a newbie for this legendary forum, I am an avid collector of SEGA Genesis - Mega Drive games, I've been addicted to this systems since my first and also my current SEGA MD console purchased in 1989 directly at Yokohama-Japan by my dad when he was in business trip there, and I am still actively playing this console almost during weekend.

This genuine Made in Japan console is extremely fascinated my conscience due to its durability, I never have it malfunction one way or another since it was purchased.

Requesting clearance to aboard commanders ...

Regards,

Maxi 8) 8)
" You Can't Always Get What You Want " By Maxi

Timothy Redux

Post by Timothy Redux » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:45 pm

Hello - my Timothy Lumsden logon seems to have died from lack of use, so I'm back on the forum as Timothy Redux.
The Artist Formerly Known as Timothy Lumsden...

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:25 pm

Timothy Redux wrote:Hello - my Timothy Lumsden logon seems to have died from lack of use, so I'm back on the forum as Timothy Redux.

Howdy Timothy and welcome back.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink: