My Retro gaming new year resolution has begun.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Darran@Retro Gamer

Re: My Retro gaming new year resolution has begun.

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:08 am

How's the cull going? I'm always impressed by people who can ruthlessly cut their unwanted stuff (something I find hard to do).

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:31 am

So far around 50 PS1 titles, all stuff I will never play.

40 loose Gameboy carts ( used the money to replace some of the carts with boxed versions )

A load of US NES games Boxed and unboxed ( still have the likes of boxed Iron tanks and lone ranger to let go )

around 30 loose Hucard games ( used some of the money to replace some with boxed versions )

2 Spare Amstrad GX4000 consoles

Some crap PS3 games

Slow going but want to make sure I am only keeping what I want.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:20 am

RodimusPrime wrote:So far around 50 PS1 titles, all stuff I will never play.

40 loose Gameboy carts ( used the money to replace some of the carts with boxed versions )

A load of US NES games Boxed and unboxed ( still have the likes of boxed Iron tanks and lone ranger to let go )

around 30 loose Hucard games ( used some of the money to replace some with boxed versions )

Some crap PS3 games

TWO spare GX4000's? How many did you have?

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:59 am

Treguard wrote:
RodimusPrime wrote:So far around 50 PS1 titles, all stuff I will never play.

Some crap PS3 games

TWO spare GX4000's? How many did you have?
4. still got 2 boxed ones. going to test one ready to let it go.

Have a little pile of stuff waiting to sell as well

a Killer instinct fzero double pack with tatty box

a few Snes action replays boxed, going to sort some loose US and jp games and bundle a couple with each 1

I also have some japanese boxed Snes games that I have since replaced with pal versions. Link to the past being 1 of them.

binaryRooster

Post by binaryRooster » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:22 pm

Before i did my last house move i offloaded a lot of PS2 and XBox games and recently i got rid of a lot of older games. i went through each one to see if it came under any of the following criteria: sentimental value, looks cool and/or likely to play again. I have to say that i feel much happier about my collection now. My Dreamcast, N64, Cube, Saturn, PS1 and SNES collections are much leaner and look better without the average games bulking it out (there were some bad choices i made during my Dreamcast phase...).

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:27 pm

I love looking at my PS1 collection ATM. still some stuff to get rid of but looking at them and seeing

Strider 2, Metal slug, etc all next to each other is a lot nicer than it being potted with crap games that will never be played again, especially as those crap games have payed for a couple of nice additions

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:29 pm

I'm just about to start. I reckon people have recovered from Christmas by February payday, and it's a while until the summer hols, so seems like a good time to catch that disposable income. The weather isn't great yet either, so people are more inclined to stay indoors looking at forums/ebay and the like too.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:24 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:I'm just about to start. I reckon people have recovered from Christmas by February payday, and it's a while until the summer hols, so seems like a good time to catch that disposable income. The weather isn't great yet either, so people are more inclined to stay indoors looking at forums/ebay and the like too.
It really is worth it TBH. Its not like I am getting rid of anything I want.

I have sold a few games worth £5-£10 and used that money to finally pick up some games I have wanted for ages that cost £25-£30

I aqm not out of pocket and my collection is better for it as I have replaced a few crap gams that I will not play for a couple of games I will.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:01 am

Been Finding some tuff at the bottom of boxes that I had no idea were there.

Loose NES manuals of Maniac mansion, Shadowgate and more

Tatty Link to the past manual.

Loose Hucard of Marchen Maze.

a ranom alone in the drk disc for 3DO

A snes action replay with instruction book.

US ntsc addams family puggsleys scavenger hunt cart

This was at the bottom of a box that was only supposed to have Master system game

Cant wait to get to the bottom of the rest of the boxes to see what other stuff I have forgooton about.

n1nty

Post by n1nty » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:53 pm

Same boat, playing what I've collected over the years instead of buying more just to collect dust on shelves. Sold a bit off and spent it on house stuff instead and have no regrets.

Next on my list to go is my pal saturn stuff as I only ever play jpn shooters on me ntsc saturn. So of anyone is looking for a never played still sealed Panzer Dragoon Saga :wink: or more.