xbox emulators

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

tekaotaku

xbox emulators

Post by tekaotaku » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:50 pm

right, I bought an xbox today, after borrowing the the parts I needed to softmod the machine from a mate (his was chipped) and following online tutorials its all set up and ready to play.

Now Ive come across most of the emulators I wanted, MAME NEO GEO GENS etc but theres one Im having trouble finding, the X6800X (sharp x68000 emulator). Every link I follow I either have to register AND then upgrade my account to download it, or its a broken out of date Japanese web site link!!! After two hours Im getting tired, I want to go to bed, early work start AHHHHHHHHHH..........

Anyway, all Im after is the emulator, X6800X V.3, no roms nothing like that, so if anyone on here can point me to a working link (with out subscription etc) or even have a copy they could email me it would be a massive help and you'll receive 1000+ kudos points AND have a special place in my heart forever lol

So, anyone help a fellow retro gamer out??

Also mods, if this isnt allowed, feel free to lock and I appologise in advance, but Im only asking for the emulator.

Thanks...
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

LeeT

Post by LeeT » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:53 pm

PM sent with some info. :)

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:56 pm

mate your a star :D

Thanks alot

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:08 pm

Just to let you know, PM me if you want a hand with anything else if you get stuck or have a query. I'm always happy to help. Congrats on the Xbox, lot's of fun heading your way.

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:16 pm

It is the emulation box of the Godly, much easier than I expected with sparkling results.

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:30 pm

C=Style wrote:Just to let you know, PM me if you want a hand with anything else if you get stuck or have a query. I'm always happy to help. Congrats on the Xbox, lot's of fun heading your way.
Thanks, Im sure I'll be picking yours and others brains over the coming week or so so be prepared lol.

My mate modded my xbox yesterday, linked them up (his is chipped) and soft modded it that way. Unforunatly something went wrong, it kep freezing today so taken it upon myself to do what I was going to do in the begining and softmod it myself.

With the help of a few tutorials, I modded it using SID5 launcher and spllinter cell save state hack. Made my own USB cable from an old xbox pad and a female USB end (see pic).

Image[/URL]

As you can see, not a great fan of soldering so just twisted the wires together and used bright red electricans tape, the jobs a gud un'.

Used software off 'tinterweb and flashed a 1gb flash drive to act as an action replay. Loaded up the files, soft modded, viola, been up and running for 5 hours and no problems. Been playing with the X68000 emulator all afternoon and now tinkering with the PCEngine, going to get draculaX running. Im impressed with it, all the emulators Ive tried run pretty much spot on with out much optermization, so I can see this turning into my main emulation machine.

Going to put a bigger HDD in soon, read up on the basics and see what files I need. Ive got an old seagate 160GB HDD laying about doing nothing so prop going to use that.

Anyway, like I said, I'll prob need help with the HDD installation if anything, so expect a PM (maybe) in the next few days, thanks lol

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:42 pm

Yeah that's fine, I'll be able to help if you get stuck. What you really want is to set up an FTP connection via ethernet if you haven't already, you will find it essential when loading your HDD with emulation goodness.