At which issue did you \"join\" Retro Gamer?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Paranoia

Post by Paranoia » Tue May 09, 2006 4:27 pm

Started at Issue 8 and been hooked ever since! Managed to get a back issue of 7 and 2-6 on ebay though still try to obtain the elusive first issue! :)

pottyboy

Post by pottyboy » Tue May 09, 2006 5:20 pm

I saw Retro Gamer issue 1 when it first came out and thought 'why bother?', so I left it until I finally decided to buy issue 8. Oh what an idiot I was missing issues 1-7! Great mag! Subscribed a few issues later, but it's back to buying in shops for a little while before I subscribe again (I only have a Visa Electron card - Live accepted it but not Imagine).

The only coverdisks I liked were the ones that were full of games by one publisher (i.e. Gremlin).

"And I've got a little TIP for you. Get the POINT?" - Guybrush Threepwood

stigodump

Post by stigodump » Wed May 10, 2006 2:48 am

Bought it since issue 1 when I saw it in my local newsagents and got all of the Live issues.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed May 10, 2006 12:04 pm

Issue 1 from one of the main WH Smiths in Aberdeen. Gave it a month to see if the mag would survive, bought issue 2 from the shop and subscribed from issue 3.

I really didn't think I'd see another issue after the first...
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

GetDexter

Post by GetDexter » Sun May 14, 2006 6:25 pm

Issue 1 - thought it was okay and loved the Mastertronic feature. Felt that lots of space was wasted and, flicking through it now, still feel the same. The layout on the 'Ten Of The Best' for Nintendo, Amstrad etc was very poor - all gloss and little depth.

But hell, that's a first issue for you. It's come on leaps and bounds since then and I think it's a great mag at the moment.

For a short while when it disappeared off the shelves, I thought it had done an 'Arcade' on me (another magazine I enjoyed and had started collecting).

Long live Retro Gamer!
As requested by the Tw@t himself - his account was Hijacked and has had a change of password.

Sorry Dexter!