What happens when we die?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Fri May 30, 2008 6:35 pm

Spector wrote:
ToxieDogg wrote: I prefer the music of GWAR, myself.
I've just been looking at some of the album titles by those guys. Quite subtle. I love it! :D
Yes, they are aren't they? And appropriate too, I thought. 'This Toilet Earth', 'You're All Worthless And Weak' and 'Let there be GWAR' pretty much sum up my views on religion ;)
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Fri May 30, 2008 7:12 pm

For me , the proof of God - or at least a 'creator' - is in the fine details.

Just look at a leaf , how beautiful and intricate it is ; or a snowflake , crafted with such complicated yet artistic patterns made for such a short 'lifespan'.

Can such beauty , such fine attention to detail , really be just a random eventuality? I think not
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Fri May 30, 2008 7:14 pm

I would probably spin that on its head.

Can such beauty , such fine attention to detail , really be anything other than a random eventuality? I think not.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sat May 31, 2008 4:37 am

paranoid marvin wrote:For me , the proof of God - or at least a 'creator' - is in the fine details.

Just look at a leaf , how beautiful and intricate it is ; or a snowflake , crafted with such complicated yet artistic patterns made for such a short 'lifespan'.

Can such beauty , such fine attention to detail , really be just a random eventuality? I think not
I agree. :-)

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Sat May 31, 2008 5:34 am

Beauty is subjective though; you learn to appreciate to consider what is 'beautiful'. It isn't beautiful purely on its own.

Some people consider a censored in a toilet to be beautiful, or a dead cow in some vinegar, or even more 'peverse' things.

And in regards to the beauty of the 'fine detail' - look at your hands - theres a lot of small details in the lines and creases etc. Do you consider that beautiful?

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sat May 31, 2008 5:58 am

oli_lar wrote:Beauty is subjective though; you learn to appreciate to consider what is 'beautiful'. It isn't beautiful purely on its own.

Some people consider a censored in a toilet to be beautiful, or a dead cow in some vinegar, or even more 'peverse' things.

And in regards to the beauty of the 'fine detail' - look at your hands - theres a lot of small details in the lines and creases etc. Do you consider that beautiful?
It's not just the beauty , it's the intracacy - there's simply no need for some natural things to be so finely detailed. The odds of it occurring naturally are pretty high
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

drws

Post by drws » Sat May 31, 2008 6:41 am

The odds might be high, but so are the number of events, which makes the odds a certainty.

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Sat May 31, 2008 7:01 am

paranoid marvin wrote:
oli_lar wrote:Beauty is subjective though; you learn to appreciate to consider what is 'beautiful'. It isn't beautiful purely on its own.

It's not just the beauty , it's the intracacy - there's simply no need for some natural things to be so finely detailed. The odds of it occurring naturally are pretty high
I guess thats where we will just have to disagree as I don't know the reasons why maths and geometry form crystals etc :roll:

I would say that there is need for a plant's veins to be so intracate - otherwise millions upon millions of years of evolution would have pushed it out - unless you don't believe in evolution?

Another thing to think about is, would a leaf look intricate to a fly if it had the same vision as us? Would a planet look intricate to a galaxy? :?

The Master

Post by The Master » Sat May 31, 2008 7:50 am

drws wrote:The odds might be high, but so are the number of events, which makes the odds a certainty.
The problem with this is that if you're not dealing with a closed system - ie, if you have all of eternity/infinity to play with - then the odds of anything and everything are equal...
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

1500graham

Post by 1500graham » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:30 pm

If you're looking for hell, then the medium guy at work told me that it's the earth, which i've heard before and to be fair, for some people it probably is. Even people with everything such as money and success etc experience sadness and grief at some point, so who knows?
"Conan, what is best in life?"

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women."