The Apprentice - SEASON 4

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

EvilArmourKing

The Apprentice - SEASON 4

Post by EvilArmourKing » Fri May 16, 2008 9:39 am

Yes, it's been back on our (UK) screens for the past 7 weeks, but who here is watching it?

There have been some class funny episodes - the trip to Marrakesh and the whole "kosha" debacle was hilarious. And SirAlan's put downs are in a league of their own!!

I hope (although it's rather unlikely) that that annoying little "scmuck" Michael gets fired soon, either that or a good slap as he's such an annoying little B'stard.

The only people I would consider hiring are Raef or Alex. They both seem to keep cool under pressure and get the job don without complaining too much.

Lucinda is a wee bit dim methinks, not sure Sir Alan would have much patience for her.

Lee is Lee. A white man that obviously thinks he's balck. Maybe long lost brother of Tim Westwood?? "That's what I'm talking about"!!!!

Glad that Kevin (The Only Farmboy in the Boadroom) has gone, as he was a bit of a retard and arrogant little tw&t.

And Jenny too. Gotta love that idea about a Green, environmentally friendly card :lol: I mean, WTF was that all about??

Who do you think will win?
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri May 16, 2008 9:48 am

Thats a point what happened to that guy who only posted Apprentice news here and nothing to do with retro ? Edward someone ?

I'm still watching it, do enjoy it, most of them are the usual arrogant grad talking (organic growth type crap) business people which some uni's churn out sadly.

I dont think theres a clear winner, the smooth talking indian guy i dont like, way too cheesy, the 'Ruth Badger' type girl is good but she wont get the job as shes too mouthy

Tim Westwood i dont mind as he seems the only 'normal-ish' one compared to the others but i can imagine him as some chavvy bloke in real life.

Has been funny though. So glad Kevin has gone, his accent and manners were winding me up. Michael has to go, he acts way too smooth sometimes and is so annoying !

But thats what you want, annoying characters, if it was 15 normal people it would be dull

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Fri May 16, 2008 9:54 am

the smooth talking indian guy i dont like
How can you NOT like Raef?? I would assume you mean him and not "Half Jewish" Michael??

EDIT : Ok, you DID mean Raef!! But why?? The guy is cool.
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

JackPainter

Post by JackPainter » Fri May 16, 2008 10:07 am

I'm watching it.

It's been a good series so far.

I like Raef and Lucinda.

Claire always has a smug look on her face. I also hate Jenny and Michael.

'COME ON!!!'
XBOX LIVE: JackFrustration
PSN Account: JackSawyer

merman

Post by merman » Fri May 16, 2008 10:08 am

The quality of the contestants has not been up to the standards of previous years, but the quality of the laughter as they mess things up has been HUGE...

Greetings cards to save the environment
Slicing a supermarket pizza in half to ensure they had enough to last the night
Haggling in Marrakesh for a kosher chicken killed by a halal butcher (and the hilarious colour of the clock incident, not to mention the tennis stringing bribery)
Raef in the bear suit

But best of all have been Nick & Margaret, with timely looks of incredulity and sharp, dagger-laden statements in the boardroom.

Raef or Helene to win...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri May 16, 2008 10:11 am

EvilArmourKing wrote:
the smooth talking indian guy i dont like
How can you NOT like Raef?? I would assume you mean him and not "Half Jewish" Michael??

EDIT : Ok, you DID mean Raef!! But why?? The guy is cool.
Raef isnt that bad, hes the best out of a bad lot but i dont know, hes just too smooth and creepy. Lucinda (is that the batty one who wears odd clothes sometimes) is actually quite good at times but she seems a screw loose.

As long as Michael doesnt win i'll be happy !

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Fri May 16, 2008 10:48 am

There's a good thread about this on the World Of Spectrum forums.

I loved Sir Alan threatning to pull down Micheal's trousers to check if he really was 'a good Jewish boy' or not, that was laugh-out-loud funny, as was the look on Micheal's face when he was crowing about getting the cow-hide for a bargain price (£50) then Sir Alan told him the other team got it for £15 :lol:

Would like to see smarmy Alex go next, he never does anything useful asides from suck up to the team leader so he's not picked to go back into the boardroom at the end.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri May 16, 2008 11:26 am

Did the usual, watched the first few, got bored, lost interest, haven't seen it for about 3 weeks now.

But Raef is not seriously on to win is he? Didn't like him from the off and what I saw didn't change my mind.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Fri May 16, 2008 11:54 am

psj3809 wrote:Thats a point what happened to that guy who only posted Apprentice news here and nothing to do with retro ? Edward someone ?
I was quite dissapointed that Eddie didn't turn up to remind us it was starting, not watching much tv I don't get a listings mag anymore so I completely forgot it was on.
Splink!

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Fri May 16, 2008 12:27 pm

There's no way I would work for a guy like Alan sugar , no matter what my salary

There is such a thing as self respect
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

pforson

Post by pforson » Fri May 16, 2008 1:23 pm

There's no way I would even watch a TV show starring a guy like Alan sugar , no matter what my salary

WANTED: Amiga CD32 games. PM me. :)

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Fri May 16, 2008 3:17 pm

There is no way I would read a thread about a tv show starring........bugger.
Splink!

JackPainter

Post by JackPainter » Fri May 16, 2008 3:55 pm

Anyone remember this Berk?

23 year old Nicholas de Lacy-Brown.
XBOX LIVE: JackFrustration
PSN Account: JackSawyer

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Fri May 16, 2008 4:15 pm

Anyone remember THIS Berk?

Actually , there are a few resemblances...

Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri May 16, 2008 4:24 pm

pforson wrote:There's no way I would even watch a TV show starring a guy like Alan sugar , no matter what my salary

Ehhh ? Could understand if you said Kerry Katona or Posh Spice, but Alan Sugar ? How come you hate him so much ?