Where are they now?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

RivaOni

Where are they now?

Post by RivaOni » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:12 am

All these people that helped spark our interest in Gaming, Magzine staff, programmers, composers. with the industry beocming almost faceless, it seems that the people who made the industry such a great community have dissapeareed into the fold. So do you know of anyone in particular that did something within the industry that you loved, and do you know where they are now?

Now I run my own website, and I regularly email various pr reps about recieving review code of up and coming games. Today I decided to try and get hold of Dragon Quest VIII from Square-Enix, so went over to Games Press, typed them into the search engine and was just about to copy the amil address almost robotically when a name I hadn't seen since I was about 16 was right there in front of my eyes.

Anyway, I went ahead and emailed the usual request, and also added at the end of the email "Is this Alex Huhtahla who used to write for C&VG".

I'm still awaiting a reply, but I'm pretty certain its him, I'll ask him what happened to Ed Lomas and Paul Davis while I'm at it to, thats if he knows.

merman

Post by merman » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:49 am

The forum over at http://www.zzap64.co.uk tries to keep up with ex-Newsfield staff, and Gordon Houghton's The Burrow has a where are they now page as well...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube