RMLF

Re: wrestling

Post by RMLF » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:21 pm

Im not here often just over a year ago was this PCW Royal Rumble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbM2mEM-kK0

It's amazing

Just saying
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

mainvein

Post by mainvein » Thu May 02, 2013 5:50 pm

Just seen Mick foleys stand up show, was great highly recommend it guys, he also signed this for me too

pratty

Post by pratty » Fri May 10, 2013 10:05 am

Just listened to the Austin vs The Fly episode of The Steve Austin Show podcast. Funny stuff. :lol:
http://www.podcastone.com/program?actio ... gramID=436
Strong language folks, it is Austin afterall.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat May 11, 2013 1:00 pm

^JBL and Cole show on youtube.

The dazzler is all that needs to be said

pratty

Post by pratty » Sat May 11, 2013 4:14 pm

DPrinny wrote:^JBL and Cole show on youtube.

The dazzler is all that needs to be said
Indeed, D-Bry is a comedy genius, Ninja Regal aint to shabby in the laughs department either.

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun May 12, 2013 10:32 am

For anybody interested, here's the recent retirement match for Japanense wrestling legend Kenta Kobashi.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pVHGPdrEYI

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue May 21, 2013 8:17 am

Extreme rules was s**te.
First two matches wernt no DQ
The fake ending to the Rio/Swagger match (Its "I QUIT" not someone else quits for me)
End of Cenas "last man standing" match, Ryback was the last man standing, "No contest"

One good thing
Michael McGillicutty is getting a much deserved push as a "Hayman guy"

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:32 pm

ITV are bringing back world of sport.
ITV Press wrote:The Return of ITV's World of Sport Wrestling

Great Britain's Iconic World of Sport Wrestling Set to Make a Comeback at Croydon's Fairfield Halls Sunday 17th November 2013

WOS Wrestling Ltd and ITV Studios Limited have come to terms to resurrect ITV's iconic World of Sport Wrestling.

ITV's televised wrestling broadcast from 1955 to 1988, and drew huge ratings with an average viewership of 8.5 million; at it's peak an audience of 18 million tuned in for the 1981 Big Daddy vs. Giant Haystacks match at Wembley. Other British wrestlers such as Mick McManus, Jackie "Mr TV" Pallo, Les Kellett, and "Bomber" Pat Roach all became household names. So popular was ITV's wrestling that a 1963 event held at the Royal Albert Hall featured Prince Phillip, the Duke of Edinburgh, as a guest of honour.

World of Sport Wrestling utilises a highly respected technical style drawn up by the late Admiral Lord Mountevans in the Committee Rooms of Great Britain's Houses of Parliament.

The comeback event at Croydon's Fairfield Halls, which is being taped for ITV, will feature new wrestlers, but promises to be in the spirit of traditional World of Sport Wrestling, utilizing the Mountevans Rules. A number of the original World of Sport Wrestling legends will also be making a special appearance, including the masked man of mystery Kendo Nagasaki, and the man widely considered the world’s greatest technical wrestler; Johnny Saint.

"What's old is new again," said WOS Wrestling Ltd's Managing Director John Chapman. "The internet age has produced a whole new generation of wrestling fans who study the wrestling skills of British legends such as Johnny Saint, Mark "Rollerball" Rocco, and Dynamite Kid. We've gone full circle. The public want this style of wrestling to come back; it's an alternative to the American style. World of Sport Wrestling goes right back to basics, putting a clear emphasis on the actual wrestling."

The comeback event has been three years in the making. IT entrepreneur John Chapman incorporated WOS Wrestling Ltd in 2010 and started the process of acquiring rights to bon-vaninta wrestling trade marks from the Crown. In June 2013, WOS Wrestling Ltd sold numerous World of Sport trade marks rights to ITV Studios Limited with an agreement to provide new World of Sport Wrestling for ITV.

Tickets for this family friendly event are priced at £12 adults, £10 concessions, and £40 for a family of four. Tickets may be purchased via the Fairfield Halls website http://www.fairfield.co.uk, or alternatively telephone the Fairfield Halls box office on 020 8688 9291 (booking fee may apply). Tickets will also be available on the door, subject to availability. Doors open Doors 2pm, and the event commences 3pm.

About WOS Wrestling Ltd

WOS Wrestling Ltd, a privately held company, is principally engaged in providing family-friendly wrestling on its television programming, digital media and publishing platforms. Incorporated in 2010, WOS Wrestling Ltd acquired rights to numerous Bona Vacantia wrestling trademarks from the Crown. In 2012 WOS Wrestling Ltd (in conjunction with ITV Broadcasting Limited) began distribution of classic World of Sport Wrestling television episodes on iTunes. In 2013 WOS Wrestling Ltd sold numerous trade mark rights to World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc, and sold numerous World of Sport trade mark rights to ITV Studios Limited with an agreement to provide new World of Sport Wrestling for ITV. The company is headquartered in Ware, Hertfordshire, UK, with offices Delaware, USA (WOS Wrestling Inc). WOS Wrestling Ltd has consecutively produced annual pre and post tax profits that have contributed towards corporation tax.

Additional information on WOS Wrestling Ltd can be found at woswrestling.com.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:37 pm

One thing I say is that the UK (and Canada) produces some top notch wrestlers

lanky316

Post by lanky316 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:20 am

This is the official response of the Kendo Nagasaki organisation to the rumours that Kendo will be appearing at an event at the Fairfield Halls, Croydon, on 17th November 2013:

There is no agreement between the Kendo Nagasaki organisation and any other party that Kendo Nagasaki will appear at the November 17th event.

In mid-November, the only time that Kendo will be available to his followers is at a special Empowerment Event at his Retreat, on the 13th.
Damn you British wrestling scene, why must you constantly live in this spiral of lies, broken promises and stupidity! I'm looking forward to checking it out still though, I'm interested in seeing what sort of talent they go with and how it gets on. I'm not expecting to see many of the guys at the top of the scene over here (opening night clashes with a big Southside show so expecting most will be at that) in early days but we'll see. Can't be worse than the Challenge TV "British wrestling round up (of events from years ago!)" and should hopefully be positive..

de-void

Post by de-void » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:37 pm

I was a huge fan of TNA but have waned recently. The lower number of PPVs was meant to be a good thing but it's actually rather boring.

WWE I watch for certain people - Daniel Bryan, AJ Lee, CM Punk, The Shield, Dolph Ziggler, mostly - but have tried to branch out (I appreciate ADR more) and have began watching NXT (I <3 Emma so much).

But above all, I am an ICW fan. Glasgow, Scotland based outfit been going for 6 years and are putting on a show in a few weeks featuring Colt Cabana and Sabu. Can't wait!!

I am a member of a Retro Gaming Monthly Club where we choose 4 games to play that month. If you're interested, PM me. Mostly SNES based, branching out into PSX and MD/Genesis.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:40 am

de-void wrote:I was a huge fan of TNA but have waned recently. The lower number of PPVs was meant to be a good thing but it's actually rather boring.

WWE I watch for certain people - Daniel Bryan, AJ Lee, CM Punk, The Shield, Dolph Ziggler, mostly - but have tried to branch out (I appreciate ADR more) and have began watching NXT (I <3 Emma so much).

But above all, I am an ICW fan. Glasgow, Scotland based outfit been going for 6 years and are putting on a show in a few weeks featuring Colt Cabana and Sabu. Can't wait!!
Well to TRNAs credit they are now touring instead of being in one place.
They give a s**t about the UK (Unlike the WWE and its twice a year and brining out the old red phone box for the stage)

WWE my faves
Daniel "Benoit" Bryan
Ziggler, He kinda works as a good guy?
Antonio Cesaro,
CM Punk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13FV1GaA20I hes a good worker
Chris Jericho, The best there is
Urgh tired will work on a more complete list

Also in NXT its all about Paige

Roo

Post by Roo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:15 pm

Not really newsworthy, but Darren Young just came out as gay to TMZ:

http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/15/darren-yo ... rstar-gay/

It might be interesting to see if WWE mentions this on-screen. This shouldn't matter whatsoever, and I hope they don't change his Prime Time Players character, but WWE don't have a good track record when it comes to potentially-delicate topics like homosexuality.

That said, WWE work alongside GLAAD, don't they? It would be a PR catastrophe if they took any sort of anti-gay stance. Remember the bollocking Michael Cole got when he called one of the other commentators a f****t on Twitter? That probably won't stop them repackaging him as 'Fabulous' Danny Young, complete with a feather boa and Billy & Chuck's old theme.

I'd say keep this announcement off of TV. American audiences have proven themselves to be notoriously homophobic. It wouldn't end well.

pratty

Post by pratty » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:09 am

There was something about the subsequent Cena interview that really irked me, nothing Cena said, but with the TMZ guy. It's like he wanted Cena to say something potentially homophobic, saying well it is a macho sport isn't it, maybe there'd be some problems in the locker room?

Also the way he held back the fact that Darren Young had come out until after Cena had already said there were no openly gay WWE superstars, as if that scored him some points knowing something Cena didn't. I don't know why he did that, I just get the impression from the whole interview that he wanted to catch Cena out and get a negative soundbite from him, I'm glad Cena's a class act and gave him nothing.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:33 am

"If you are straight and like Randy Orton your f**king gay"

Anyway if you have seen Orlando Jordan's in ring antics he has to be.
Dont see what the big deal is, it could be a funny gimmick, probably not something for WWEs "PG era" TNA maybe.

Go for a school boy pin and grab the crotch instead

There is a japanese wrestler with a pile driver where he puts the opponent's head down his pants and he has a crotch claw