53%

Total votes: 149

Treguard

Re: wrestling

Post by Treguard » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:28 am

The Laird wrote:
Treguard wrote: Cena's not actually that bad a wrestler
:shock: :shock: :shock:

He has about 5 moves, he is probably even worse than Miz - and that is saying something!
Did you actually read my post? He's got the five moves as that's whats expected of him and pretty much all he's allowed to do on PG-13 Raw. His earlier stuff is a lot better. Same with Big Show, he's now all stomps and punches but he was pretty cool back in WCW.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:56 am

I have seen Big show do a kick flip
Treguard wrote: Cena's not actually that bad a wrestler, but he's stuck with the old Hogan dilemma of being the top face in a PG-13 company, the kids like the COD references, and the same five moves so they can practice them on their little brother in the living room. So many kids got leg dropped in the 80s...
An AA done wrong can end in disaster.

pratty

Post by pratty » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:32 pm

Treguard wrote:
The Laird wrote:
Treguard wrote: Cena's not actually that bad a wrestler
:shock: :shock: :shock:

He has about 5 moves, he is probably even worse than Miz - and that is saying something!
Did you actually read my post? He's got the five moves as that's whats expected of him and pretty much all he's allowed to do on PG-13 Raw. His earlier stuff is a lot better. Same with Big Show, he's now all stomps and punches but he was pretty cool back in WCW.
I'm with Tregaurd here, Cena's not that bad at all, and actually has pretty good matches in my opinion. He's no Kurt Angle or William Regal in the technical department but he's not as bad as people make out, he easily has more than 5 moves, and that's just counting his signature spots.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:45 pm

The ONLY good matches I have ever seen Cena have were with Edge and let's be honest Edge could carry a plank of wood to a good match.

Cena is an utterly woeful wrestler and always has been.

pratty

Post by pratty » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:05 pm

The Laird wrote:The ONLY good matches I have ever seen Cena have were with Edge and let's be honest Edge could carry a plank of wood to a good match.

Check out Cena vs Cm Punk at TLC 2011, Cena vs RVD at One Night Stand 2006, Cena vs Umaga at Royal Rumble 2007 and Cena vs HBK on Raw( 2007). All good matches that Cena holds his own in.

I thought his match with The Rock was pretty good too, another guy who supposedly has only 5 moves.

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:11 pm

pratty wrote:
The Laird wrote:The ONLY good matches I have ever seen Cena have were with Edge and let's be honest Edge could carry a plank of wood to a good match.

Check out Cena vs Cm Punk at TLC 2011, Cena vs RVD at One Night Stand 2006, Cena vs Umaga at Royal Rumble 2007 and Cena vs HBK on Raw( 2007). All good matches that Cena holds his own in.

I thought his match with The Rock was pretty good too, another guy who supposedly has only 5 moves.
Cena Vs. RVD was only good because he lost. The other 2 matches were pretty meh.

Never heard that about The Rock myself, I have always thought he was a pretty good wrestler. After all he does come from a wrestling family, it's in his blood.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:18 pm

The Laird wrote: Never heard that about The Rock myself, I have always thought he was a pretty good wrestler. After all he does come from a wrestling family, it's in his blood.
Yeah I've heard that a lot, usually from 'fans' that never even saw the rock as rocky miavia or even in the nation. As he's gone on his moves have decreased though but then again ..... hasn't everyones? I also miss his original finisher a running shoulderbreaker kind of thingy

pratty

Post by pratty » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:26 pm

The Laird wrote:
pratty wrote:

Cena Vs. RVD was only good because he lost. The other 2 matches were pretty meh.

Never heard that about The Rock myself, I have always thought he was a pretty good wrestler. After all he does come from a wrestling family, it's in his blood.
Oh yeah, I've heard that from many a Rock hater, infact some will say only 3 moves, saying he only does the rock bottom, people's elbow and spinebuster, but obviously people often exaggerate to make a point. Hence why I think saying Cena does 5 moves is harsh. If we only went by the moves people are known for Million Dollar Man only did about 3 or 4.

Surprised you didn't like Punk vs Cena at TLC much, or Cena vs HBK from Raw, but fair enough.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:35 pm

That Punk vs Y2J match on RAW was awesome

Shame on those that voted for Borton and Rey. (Result was Rey vs Brian and Brain carried it)

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:53 pm

DPrinny wrote:That Punk vs Y2J match on RAW was awesome

Shame on those that voted for Borton and Rey. (Result was Rey vs Brian and Brain carried it)
Certainly was. Punk vs Rey could have been good aswell, but it worked out well as Rey vs Bryan was a good match too.

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:48 pm

New WWE Title Belt.

http://shop.wwe.com/WWE-Championship-Re ... hip%20Belt

Looks okay, but the WWE Logo's too big for my taste...
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:57 pm

No more stupid Cena belt

DBri and Kane to split up then to have Taker vs Kane at WM

Kane goes for the pin after a tombstone
1.............2............Lights go out
Go back on, ring empty apart from takers hat and Kanes mask in the middle of the ring.

Never herd of again

To good a ending for WWE?

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:40 pm

DPrinny wrote:DBri and Kane to split up then to have Taker vs Kane at WM

Kane goes for the pin after a tombstone
1.............2............Lights go out
Go back on, ring empty apart from takers hat and Kanes mask in the middle of the ring.

Never herd of again

To good a ending for WWE?
I'd love that to happen. :) It probably is too much of a stretch for WWE though.

I'm also hoping that Cena turns out to be the secret leader of The Shield or something, and has a massive heel turn to beat The Rock at Wrestlemania. I know that won't happen either but it's better than the almost set in stone outcome of just Cena beating Rock for the title in a rematch that nobody really wanted to happen. The crushing inevitability of it all has been really killing my interest in this year's Wrestlemania ever since Rock won the WWE belt at Royal Rumble. :(
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:26 am

ToxieDogg wrote: I'd love that to happen. :) It probably is too much of a stretch for WWE though.

I'm also hoping that Cena turns out to be the secret leader of The Shield or something, and has a massive heel turn to beat The Rock at Wrestlemania. I know that won't happen either but it's better than the almost set in stone outcome of just Cena beating Rock for the title in a rematch that nobody really wanted to happen. The crushing inevitability of it all has been really killing my interest in this year's Wrestlemania ever since Rock won the WWE belt at Royal Rumble. :(
They need new writers with new ideas

Also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvDEUrOkuwM
Cena as a bad guy?

Also
ROH have been uploading a load of matches of current WWE/TNA types past, tis good to see

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:37 am

To much to ask for a final Rock heel turn and form the New Nation leading the shield? I'd buy that for a dollar