yes
47%
no
53%

Total votes: 149

Treguard

Re: wrestling

Post by Treguard » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:08 am

koopa42 wrote:And there we have it, I tried to explain but that's the repsone you get these days from annoying fans, if you don't want the answer don't ask the question and go back to sucking off crap wrestlers that truly are crap in every sense of the word. I'd also like to add that I don't like Boreton at all.
Hey mate, each to his own. It's just an opinion about a scripted pseudo-sport, not like it actually matters like computer games do lol.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:16 am

koopa42 wrote: I prefer beast wrestlers to runts too. As an example take Batista, he is 1 billion times better than CM Punk (IMO anyway) even though he can't wrestle the remote control out of his dead gran's hand and he gets injured just looking out of a window. Punk? a runt that just does not do anything for me BUT he is a good heel because he gets my goat ...... and isn't that the point?

Another is mic skills, I don't rate anyone above the Rock and all you hear is non-rock fans wailing about him not doing his own material ..... and I care why? It's watching it that's ace NOT if he picked up a joke from a fortune cookie. Jericho is decent on the mic I suppose but everyone else just doesn't cut it
Batista better than Punk?

I aint a Rock hater, one thing that bugs me is that his arm tattoo is starting to take over his body.
Runts can be funny, take Brain and Jamie Noble, two runts that are fun to watch

At least they are better than Botch cara and current Ray (Just retire already)
I'd also like to add that I don't like Boreton at all.
We can agree on that, Orton is one of the lamest ones, due to his "OUT OF NOWHERE OMG!" RKo to end any match where the other guy has done all the work

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:31 am

The thing with Boreton (and I know this will head ashplode everyone) but the RKO isn't exactly that different from the stunner? ........ and towards the end? Austin was just punches and stunner anyway? Austin is far more important than Boreton of course but is there an arguement to be had there?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:38 am

Austin has a personality and has storyline out side of just beating someone, hes had loads of memorable moments, Orton?

Well there was that time when HHH beat him up at home and chucked him threw the window

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:45 am

Auton is possibly the worst wrestler I've ever seen. It took him years to actually be able to pull off his own finisher successfully, his promos sound like a man on a lot of sedatives reading a phone book, he's incredibly injury prone, he's got repeated drug suspensions, his cocky heel face looks like a baby that has just filled it's nappy and by all accounts he's a horrible person to be around. He's arguably only employed because Vince owes his dad a few favours. He's got no redeeming features whatsoever.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:59 am

^ Apart from a load of good bits, wrestling wise his in ring skills are average at best, but his feud with Vinne is legendary.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:31 am

DPrinny wrote:^ Apart from a load of good bits, wrestling wise his in ring skills are average at best, but his feud with Vinne is legendary.
Average at best is being very kind. He's restholdtastic.

pratty

Post by pratty » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:20 pm

I'm not an Orton fan, I'm sick of the sight of him and I don't like his character, after all his dastardly actions as a bad guy, I can't bring myself to cheer for him no matter how hard WWE push him as an anti-hero.

However I couldn't agree that he's one of the worst wrestlers, he's not amazing but I guarantee any other wrestling company would want him if he left WWE.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

mainvein

Post by mainvein » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:44 pm

cant understand the jericho bashing really, i think he is a really good wrestler, had many funny moments (much better as a face than when hes meant to be some kind of cold heel) seems like a top bloke (that does have a massive ego, but i think you have to in a job like that). I only saw him a few weeks ago at a fozzy gig when he jumped off the stage and landed arse first on my head

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:13 am

mainvein wrote:cant understand the jericho bashing really, i think he is a really good wrestler, had many funny moments (much better as a face than when hes meant to be some kind of cold heel) seems like a top bloke (that does have a massive ego, but i think you have to in a job like that). I only saw him a few weeks ago at a fozzy gig when he jumped off the stage and landed arse first on my head
His best stuff was without doubt when he was in WCW, his feud with Dean Malenko when he claimed he was 'the man of 1004 holds' and then stood in the middle of the ring listing them off (most of them were armbars) was hilarious, and his 'conspiracy victim' protest where he demanded a meeting with Bill Clinton after losing the title to Malenko- brilliant.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:52 am

^The genius bit about that was during the add break he started bad mothing the local sports teams and players so when the cameras cut back to the show the audience was out for blood.

Beats the hell outa Cenas sucking up to the kids by mentioning COD.

Isnt COD a 18+ game?

Cena should go back to rapping at least then he was funny

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:39 am

Cena should just leave.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:43 am

learnedrobb wrote:Cena should just leave.
He wont as a lot of Americans watch WWE and a lot of American kids watch it as well,

WWE had a sale on shirts I looked at Cena ones only adult sizes left

Speaking of.
Tried to get a Jericho t-shirt off there that was on offer.
$20 for the T, $20 for the postage.

I have had T-shirts from the US in the past it was not that much, id expect $10, but $20 for standard postage.

They really like there over seas fans dont they

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:39 am

DPrinny wrote:
learnedrobb wrote:Cena should just leave.
He wont as a lot of Americans watch WWE and a lot of American kids watch it as well,

WWE had a sale on shirts I looked at Cena ones only adult sizes left

Speaking of.
Tried to get a Jericho t-shirt off there that was on offer.
$20 for the T, $20 for the postage.

I have had T-shirts from the US in the past it was not that much, id expect $10, but $20 for standard postage.

They really like there over seas fans dont they
Cena's not actually that bad a wrestler, but he's stuck with the old Hogan dilemma of being the top face in a PG-13 company, the kids like the COD references, and the same five moves so they can practice them on their little brother in the living room. So many kids got leg dropped in the 80s...

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:16 am

Treguard wrote: Cena's not actually that bad a wrestler
:shock: :shock: :shock:

He has about 5 moves, he is probably even worse than Miz - and that is saying something!