do you watch wrestling on tv?

yes
47%
no
53%

Total votes: 149

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:54 am

mohicankid wrote:i can't get to grips with tna!
i don't like the 6 sided ring, and the X-division wrestlers are less talented than me!!!
The X-Division wrestlers are good
Gota love luchas

Its most the main eventers that are rubbish (most the time)
But they have the major upper hand on tag matchies

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:36 pm

i'll agree with you on the tag match point prinny! they realy do manage to get exiting matches out of the tag division...wich isn't easy! but as for the X-DIVISION the moves they do are flashy, but its not lucha! lucha is highflying wrestling but mostly done on the fly, you can see the xd guys setting up moves...and at some points stopping and waiting for a move set to happen! its not wrastlin' i tells ya!

i am a big fan of awsome kong though....she should be beating the censored out of the guys, not battering the bimbo's!
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:49 pm

So
Any of yous seen TNA Genisis yet ?
(Its on yousportz)

I like to watch maties that are fast paced
Not these WWE esque "Ill hold you on the mat in a headlock for two minutes then you get out by standing up and elbowing me"

Theres also the TNAs fans that are funny
They seem to be old ECW fans before it became Tuesday night heat
It makes a change from John "Skip this match" Cenas dubbed cheers to hear them actually enjoying the show and not siting there wondering "When will this end ?"

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IfPsksJxmqA
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=n-PkYVxM_d0

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:07 pm

I haven't watched it yet, but I taped it when it was on Bravo. I don't always watch the Impact shows but I try to keep an eye on the PPVs.

Totally agree with you about the current ECW being the new Tuesday Night Heat. Think they've only got one ECW original left on there now? (Tommy Dreamer) and they're even making a mockery of him, having him lose matches to people like bloody 'Jack Swagger', and that Ricky Ortiz and his epic fail of a gimmick ('rowdy towels' :lol: :lol:) gets right on my nerves....it's been saved from total disaster recently though by the interesting Matt Hardy/Mark Henry feud.

I think you're mistaken about the fans though, I think a lot of the WWE fans are hilarious at times. You can never tell if they're going to boo Cena or not, and some of the signs they've had in the crowd have been brilliant....my personal favourite one from a couple of years back was 'Triple H + Stephanie = Belt' and there was one recently that said something like 'Mike Chioda is a PERVERT!' just because he'd refereed the last couple of women's matches, lol.

Regardless of production values and show budgets, the in between matches acting is also a lot better in WWE is also a lot better too, you can't fault characters like Santino Marella for entertainment value. I also like Ron Killings a lot more in the short time that he's been on Smackdown than I did for his entire TNA run.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:28 am

Its the British crowds that are the best
We can heckale I do remember ages ago there where crys of "Hes behind you"

But you cant fault Santino (didnt he get cheared by us ?) for for being funny

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:42 am

ToxieDogg wrote:I haven't watched it yet, but I taped it when it was on Bravo. I don't always watch the Impact shows but I try to keep an eye on the PPVs.

Totally agree with you about the current ECW being the new Tuesday Night Heat. Think they've only got one ECW original left on there now? (Tommy Dreamer) and they're even making a mockery of him, having him lose matches to people like bloody 'Jack Swagger', and that Ricky Ortiz and his epic fail of a gimmick ('rowdy towels' :lol: :lol:) gets right on my nerves....it's been saved from total disaster recently though by the interesting Matt Hardy/Mark Henry feud.

I think you're mistaken about the fans though, I think a lot of the WWE fans are hilarious at times. You can never tell if they're going to boo Cena or not, and some of the signs they've had in the crowd have been brilliant....my personal favourite one from a couple of years back was 'Triple H + Stephanie = Belt' and there was one recently that said something like 'Mike Chioda is a PERVERT!' just because he'd refereed the last couple of women's matches, lol.

Regardless of production values and show budgets, the in between matches acting is also a lot better in WWE is also a lot better too, you can't fault characters like Santino Marella for entertainment value. I also like Ron Killings a lot more in the short time that he's been on Smackdown than I did for his entire TNA run.
ECW has never been the old ECW, and I think it was never planned to be... WWE just cashed in on the name, but when you look at it, even if it's not ECW, it's still a good WWE show... The matches, I think, are better than those on Raw or Smackdown.
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:33 pm

To an extent, I'd agree with you. But I've only just watched last Tuesday's ECW a few hours ago, and WTF, Jack Swagger is now the ECW champion! :shock: A guy who's been with WWE like, maybe 4 and a bit months? Hardly seems like he's paid his dues fairly to me. Bad move, WWE, bad move.....

I'm all for new talent being pushed, but usually they have to have their character developed a bit first and actually 'get over' with the crowd. Most people are still wondering who on earth 'Jack Swagger' is, aren't they?

I'll bet Evan Bourne gets relegated to mid-card status when he returns, kind of like what's happened to Rey Mysterio on RAW....the McMahon's don't seem to like letting smaller guys be main evernters, no matter how hard they work or slog their guts out.

Christian (Cage) is meant to be back with WWE, isn't he? Can't wait to see how he gets 'punished' because I can't see them giving him the type of main event matches he's been used to over on TNA, especially after the way he publicly slagged off WWE when he first jumped ship.

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:11 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:To an extent, I'd agree with you. But I've only just watched last Tuesday's ECW a few hours ago, and WTF, Jack Swagger is now the ECW champion! :shock: A guy who's been with WWE like, maybe 4 and a bit months? Hardly seems like he's paid his dues fairly to me. Bad move, WWE, bad move.....

I'm all for new talent being pushed, but usually they have to have their character developed a bit first and actually 'get over' with the crowd. Most people are still wondering who on earth 'Jack Swagger' is, aren't they?

I'll bet Evan Bourne gets relegated to mid-card status when he returns, kind of like what's happened to Rey Mysterio on RAW....the McMahon's don't seem to like letting smaller guys be main evernters, no matter how hard they work or slog their guts out.

Christian (Cage) is meant to be back with WWE, isn't he? Can't wait to see how he gets 'punished' because I can't see them giving him the type of main event matches he's been used to over on TNA, especially after the way he publicly slagged off WWE when he first jumped ship.
He scheduled for a big feud when he returns (I won't give spoilers...), so I'm not sure they'll bury him. They can do something great with Edge...

As for Swagger ECW champion, I was surprised myself, although I haven't seen the match. But I think the guy is impressive... it's certainly early to give him a title, but I'm sure he'll prove to be great.
There's been many times when I said to myself "this is wrong" when a "nobody" got the belt (Lesnar, JBL, Edge...), but every time I ended up loving their reigns.
Moreover, there isn't really any room for a character to develop on ECW. Matt Hardy doesn't have one... :wink:
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:34 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:To an extent, I'd agree with you. But I've only just watched last Tuesday's ECW a few hours ago, and WTF, Jack Swagger is now the ECW champion! :shock: A guy who's been with WWE like, maybe 4 and a bit months? Hardly seems like he's paid his dues fairly to me. Bad move, WWE, bad move.....
The ECW belt isnt really that big of a deal
Its kinda akin to the United States and Intercontinental belts

Rey really has now become a back seat wrestler (fewd with Mike Knox ?)
But then again he isnt as good as he was anymore

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:44 pm

Spooky wrote:There's been many times when I said to myself "this is wrong" when a "nobody" got the belt (Lesnar, JBL, Edge...), but every time I ended up loving their reigns.
Moreover, there isn't really any room for a character to develop on ECW. Matt Hardy doesn't have one...
I don't quite agree with you there. Brock Lesnar was a nobody when he first shot up through the ranks, but JBL and especially Edge were long overdue for pushes. Edge's character has been consistently entertaining ever since he was tagging with Christian (Remember when they used to pose for photographs 'for the benefit of those with flash photography'? :lol:) and he's a talented and succesful wrestler. JBL may not have quite the same talent but his acting ability is superb, he's always managed to make me laugh with his 'I'm a Wrestling God!' comments. :lol:

I do see what you mean about Matt Hardy having no character though ;) :lol:
DPrinny wrote:The ECW belt isnt really that big of a deal
Its kinda akin to the United States and Intercontinental belts
Yeah, it's a real shame that it's ended up that way. Still, it may actually come to mean something again soon....as of last weeks episode, the storyline with Tommy Dreamer is that his contract's up for renewal in June and he came into the ring and said that if he hasn't won the ECW title by then, he's leaving. Even if he does go, there's a good chance that his last match (which will probably be a title match) will be some kind of hardcore epic. Hopefully....
DPrinny wrote:Rey really has now become a back seat wrestler (fewd with Mike Knox ?)
I do kind of see what you mean, but I think that's more the fault of the scriptwriters...Rey is still capable of wrestling a great match. But since he's been on RAW, all he's had is a daft feud with Kane and been tagged up with the currently injured Evan Bourne a few times. The Mike Knox thing is potentially interesting but it really doesn't seem to be going anywhere....

Talking of lousy scriptwriting, the way that the Heavyweight belt has changed hands from CM Punk to Jericho to Batista, back to Jericho and then onto Cena (on his first night back) over the course of 6 months has been, well, ridiculous.....

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:02 am

ToxieDogg wrote:
DPrinny wrote:Rey really has now become a back seat wrestler (fewd with Mike Knox ?)
I do kind of see what you mean, but I think that's more the fault of the scriptwriters...Rey is still capable of wrestling a great match. But since he's been on RAW, all he's had is a daft feud with Kane and been tagged up with the currently injured Evan Bourne a few times. The Mike Knox thing is potentially interesting but it really doesn't seem to be going anywhere....
I dont mean in the actual matchies hes in
I mean in what he dose during the match
He used to take loads of risks and be really entertaining
Now he rarely wins a match with out that 619
Talking of lousy scriptwriting, the way that the Heavyweight belt has changed hands from CM Punk to Jericho to Batista, back to Jericho and then onto Cena (on his first night back) over the course of 6 months has been, well, ridiculous.....
Dont forget
Back to Cena
Where it will stay till hes injured again

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:11 pm

i wrestled in a six sided ring for the 1st time on friday..it was verry confusing and took a little while to adjust to!...every time i ran the ropes i had to check which way to go...its usualy a natural instinct!
it was nice once i had a feel for it though, as there is a lot more room in a 6-ring and i hope to do it again in the future!

will post the link when the vid is up!

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:08 pm

Are you working with TNA now then? :shock:

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:34 am

haha no!...one of the brittish promotions has just had one commissioned and i was billed on the show that was putting it through its traile run! in fact i was the first to wrestle in it!
i think that the young high flyers that asw has will be able to make good use of it, but the "old boys" are too set in their ways to use it to its full potential...still ...nice as a one off but i wouldn't want every match in it....and i hope that this isnt a start of a new fad!
was a fun match exept when i ran full steam into an unprotected turnbuckle expecting to hit a rope! :oops: got a nice bruise off of that! :?

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:12 pm

I kind of see your point about it being better for the new up and comers rather than the older guys...I find that when I'm watching TNA, I always entertained a lot more by their guys who've been with them either for all or the majority of it's lifespan, when somebody jumps ship (or gets dropped...) from WWE and goes to TNA, they don't seem to know what to do with the 6 sided ring and a lot of their matches end up looking a bit like a confused mess, with them trying to stay in the middle and avoid the corners a lot. I don't enjoy watching Team 3D at all anymore, and yet I used to love them when they were wrestling as The Dudley Boyz. :(