wrestling

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

do you watch wrestling on tv?

yes
70
47%
no
79
53%
 
Total votes: 149

User avatar
GigaPepsiMan
Posts: 2692
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: wrestling

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:09 pm

Paul Nicholson on the darts this evening: "His voice to me earlier this year spoke to me. He's woken me up. He's made me a better dart player. If CM Punk is watching, and he probably isn't, but I hope he is, you're watching a great dart player and I thank you...Phil Brooks [It's a shoot, brother...], I thank you."

Most cringe worthy moment of the year.

User avatar
RMLF
Posts: 3210
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:54 am
Location: Lost in the Ether

Re: wrestling

Post by RMLF » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:11 am

Matt Hardy gets kicked out of Rehab, and arrested on his return home for breaking a court order

http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=128372

Sadly I think he will be on the dead list very shortly
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

User avatar
GigaPepsiMan
Posts: 2692
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: wrestling

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:51 pm

He is nowhere near the level of Jake the Snake or Scott Hall.

User avatar
mainvein
Posts: 2682
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:32 am
Location: leeds
Contact:

Re: wrestling

Post by mainvein » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:43 pm

just watched survivor series and must say that the rock certainly still has it. Even though he spent most of the match on the outside looking in, when he was in he was looking great. Shame that everyone has to boo cena, and that still cena looks better taking a beating than dishing it out, but by the performance of cena their wrestlemania match is pointless as based on this the rock would have to win hands down.

best part of the whole PPV though was r-truths skit about pigeons, comedy genius
Image

User avatar
freemonk
Posts: 960
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:28 pm
Location: Leicestershire

Re: wrestling

Post by freemonk » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:10 am

For me, the Survivor Series PPV was the best WWE PPV this year. So much fun, it didn't take itself to seriously and it was just really funny throughout the show.

The crowd at Madison Square Garden stole the show though with all the chants they were coming out with, they were just on fire. My favs of the night are:

'We Want Ryder' during the Ziggler vs Morrison match
'You Fu"ked up' after Sin Cara did himself a mischief and had to be prematurally eliminated
'Boring' during the first 2-3 minutes of the Big Show vs Mark Henry match
'Randy Savage' when both the Big Show and CM Punk jumped from the top of the tops like good ole Randy use to
'We Want Ice Cream' during the CM Punk vs Del Rio match
'Boots to Asses, Fruity Pebbles, Cena Sucks, Don't Tag Cena' plus many more during the Cena/Rock vs Miz/R-Truth match.

Highlight of the night though....as Mainvein said, R-Truth rants about Pigeons. If you haven't seen it, track it down on Youtube..it hilarious.

Match wise, the Ziggler vs Morrison match was strong, as was the Del Rio vs CM Punk match. The Rock/Cena match was fun but it was all about The Rock (which wasn't a bad thing).

The 5 vs 5 match was definatly the weakest (even weaker than the Diva match which is saying something), but I think this was mainly due to the unseen early exit of Sin Cara due to the injury. They just seemed to flail about for a long time until they sync'd in to there original 'Script'.

Overall a great PPV. They should do all of there PPV's at MSG!
WANTED: Spiderman: Web of Shadows (X360) / Mario Party 4 to 7 (GC) / Pikmin 2 (GC) / Muscle Bomber (SFC) / Bonkers (SNES) / Nosferatu (SNES) / Scramble (Vectrex) / Einhander (PS1) / Patapon 3 (PSP) / Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii)

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24984
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: wrestling

Post by DPrinny » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:54 am

Urgh Cena really let the Cena/Rock team down

Rock was awesome. Cena, got beaten up and did next to nothing

my full review shall be up later

User avatar
RMLF
Posts: 3210
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:54 am
Location: Lost in the Ether

Re: wrestling

Post by RMLF » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:21 pm

I though SS sucked tbh

Im not keen on The Rock,in the ring never have been.. DDT, Armdrag, Rock Bottom, Peoples Elbow, Yawnnnn. His promos are excellent and has great entrance music, but wrestling. Same moves over and over and nothing to change it up.

The opener was okay, i guess, the SS was a horrible clusterfook,even with Botchcara corpsing himself and Henry and Bigshow beating lumps out of each other would have been great had it not been seen a million times before. People went holy sh!t over the Elbow Drop, but the Big show used to do Moonsaults in WCW.

Im glad Punk won though.

Main event was horrible, Cena had to work the match not to expose the rock too much (no point not protecting him or WM would be rubbish buikld), Miz and Truth were made to look like chumps and the Rock made the companies number 1 guy look like crap as well. Great Booking.

In other news R Truth has been suspended for the same thing as Bourne, obviously couldnt suspend him prior because of the storyline he was involved in.

That vignette that aired on Raw, Taker's return?

Disappointed
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

User avatar
mainvein
Posts: 2682
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:32 am
Location: leeds
Contact:

Re: wrestling

Post by mainvein » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:29 pm

freemonk wrote:For me, the Survivor Series PPV was the best WWE PPV this year. So much fun, it didn't take itself to seriously and it was just really funny throughout the show.

The crowd at Madison Square Garden stole the show though with all the chants they were coming out with, they were just on fire. My favs of the night are:

'We Want Ryder' during the Ziggler vs Morrison match
'You Fu"ked up' after Sin Cara did himself a mischief and had to be prematurally eliminated
'Boring' during the first 2-3 minutes of the Big Show vs Mark Henry match
'Randy Savage' when both the Big Show and CM Punk jumped from the top of the tops like good ole Randy use to
'We Want Ice Cream' during the CM Punk vs Del Rio match
'Boots to Asses, Fruity Pebbles, Cena Sucks, Don't Tag Cena' plus many more during the Cena/Rock vs Miz/R-Truth match.

Highlight of the night though....as Mainvein said, R-Truth rants about Pigeons. If you haven't seen it, track it down on Youtube..it hilarious.

Match wise, the Ziggler vs Morrison match was strong, as was the Del Rio vs CM Punk match. The Rock/Cena match was fun but it was all about The Rock (which wasn't a bad thing).

The 5 vs 5 match was definatly the weakest (even weaker than the Diva match which is saying something), but I think this was mainly due to the unseen early exit of Sin Cara due to the injury. They just seemed to flail about for a long time until they sync'd in to there original 'Script'.

Overall a great PPV. They should do all of there PPV's at MSG!

Dont forget the crowd chanting 'ladyparts' too during the rocks promo, only in wrestling could you have thousands of people chanting ladyparts then go straight into singing New York :D
Image

User avatar
freemonk
Posts: 960
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:28 pm
Location: Leicestershire

Re: wrestling

Post by freemonk » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:31 pm

mainvein wrote:Dont forget the crowd chanting 'ladyparts' too during the rocks promo, only in wrestling could you have thousands of people chanting ladyparts then go straight into singing New York :D
I completely forgot about the 'Ladyparts' chant and the crowd singing New York, New York with the rock.

Like I said, the crowd stole the show!
WANTED: Spiderman: Web of Shadows (X360) / Mario Party 4 to 7 (GC) / Pikmin 2 (GC) / Muscle Bomber (SFC) / Bonkers (SNES) / Nosferatu (SNES) / Scramble (Vectrex) / Einhander (PS1) / Patapon 3 (PSP) / Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii)

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24984
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: wrestling

Post by DPrinny » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:05 pm

My review is up.

You know somethings strange.
Orton is the cover person of WWE 12 (yay no Cena)
Why is he loosing a lot.
Wouldn't it make more sense for him to win?
RMLF wrote: That vignette that aired on Raw, Taker's return?
It was Kanes mask, so then Kane?

User avatar
RMLF
Posts: 3210
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:54 am
Location: Lost in the Ether

Re: wrestling

Post by RMLF » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:11 pm

DPrinny wrote: It was Kanes mask, so then Kane?
Was talking aboutthis one and not the Kane one
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

User avatar
GigaPepsiMan
Posts: 2692
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: wrestling

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:43 pm

By the way sin cara hurt himself legit in that match, he is out for 6 months. R-Turth has been suspended, turns out he was the one smoking weed with Evan Bourne, he was fined $2,500 at first but now the angle with him, miz, cena and the rock is out of the way WWE have took him off TV. John Morrison could be on his way out, he signed a contract extention to the end of November but it is unknown if he wants to stay.

WWE 12 is out this week but you already know that. The DVD boxset The Ladder Match 2: Crash and Burn just came out, looking at the contents it is a must have DVD just like the original. You can get it on silvervision for £18.

Also for those who didn't watch RAW I suggest you check out Cm Punk vs Dolph Ziggler, this is a follow up to their match on Smackdown a few weeks back and it is awesome, Ziggler should be in the main event scene, I can't think of anyone on the roster who deserves it more.

User avatar
freemonk
Posts: 960
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:28 pm
Location: Leicestershire

Re: wrestling

Post by freemonk » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:29 am

GigaPepsiMan wrote:By the way sin cara hurt himself legit in that match, he is out for 6 months. R-Turth has been suspended, turns out he was the one smoking weed with Evan Bourne, he was fined $2,500 at first but now the angle with him, miz, cena and the rock is out of the way WWE have took him off TV. John Morrison could be on his way out, he signed a contract extention to the end of November but it is unknown if he wants to stay.

WWE 12 is out this week but you already know that. The DVD boxset The Ladder Match 2: Crash and Burn just came out, looking at the contents it is a must have DVD just like the original. You can get it on silvervision for £18.

Also for those who didn't watch RAW I suggest you check out Cm Punk vs Dolph Ziggler, this is a follow up to their match on Smackdown a few weeks back and it is awesome, Ziggler should be in the main event scene, I can't think of anyone on the roster who deserves it more.
The CM Punk vs Ziggler match on raw was a great match. I think that eventually Ryder will get his Championship match with Ziggler and win (Yay!), which will then free up Ziggler to go for the big WWE Championship. For me though, Ziggler reminds me of late but great Mr Perfect.
WANTED: Spiderman: Web of Shadows (X360) / Mario Party 4 to 7 (GC) / Pikmin 2 (GC) / Muscle Bomber (SFC) / Bonkers (SNES) / Nosferatu (SNES) / Scramble (Vectrex) / Einhander (PS1) / Patapon 3 (PSP) / Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii)

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24984
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: wrestling

Post by DPrinny » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:37 am

> Implying that talented wrestlers go far in WWE

User avatar
GigaPepsiMan
Posts: 2692
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: wrestling

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:11 am

Rule of the midcard, everybody wins, everybody loses, nobody goes anywhere.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest