do you watch wrestling on tv?

yes
47%
no
53%

Total votes: 149

I_Need_A_Girlfriend

Post by I_Need_A_Girlfriend » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:49 pm

Stone Cold Steve Austin was da man! I miss the Attitude era, thats why I think TNA is now better than WWE :)

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:13 pm

Devious wrote:Imagine your favorite footy team repeatedly suffered game losses because some bystanders coordinated simultaneous sand-in-the-eye attacks at key moments on all the refs.
I find football tedious for the very reason that it doesn't feature storylines or outside inteference to make the action a bit more entertaining.

Wrestling's great because just when you think you've got it sussed, they come up with a storyline you honestly didn't expect, or have a character suddenly acting so differently to normal that it becomes hilarious (ie. The Great Khali's recent 'Punjabi Playboy Kiss Cam' segments :lol: )

I'm a big fan of Jay Lethal's 'Black Machismo' act in TNA, genius :lol:
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:37 am

DPrinny wrote:Nice to see that Wikipedea copying is still alive
hehe yup
i do know james and have worked with him...but you can always say it better with wiki! :wink:
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

retrogarden

Post by retrogarden » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:54 am

ToxieDogg wrote:
Devious wrote:Imagine your favorite footy team repeatedly suffered game losses because some bystanders coordinated simultaneous sand-in-the-eye attacks at key moments on all the refs.
I find football tedious for the very reason that it doesn't feature storylines or outside inteference to make the action a bit more entertaining.

Wrestling's great because just when you think you've got it sussed, they come up with a storyline you honestly didn't expect, or have a character suddenly acting so differently to normal that it becomes hilarious (ie. The Great Khali's recent 'Punjabi Playboy Kiss Cam' segments :lol: )

I'm a big fan of Jay Lethal's 'Black Machismo' act in TNA, genius :lol:
I'm a fan of both football & wrestling. It's amazing how very few of us that are fans of both, with each one thinking the other "is a bit gay". :?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:58 am

mohicankid wrote:
DPrinny wrote:Nice to see that Wikipedea copying is still alive
hehe yup
i do know james and have worked with him...but you can always say it better with wiki! :wink:
One thing I like about that Big time wrestling show is that you can get a picture with/talk to them after the show

My nephews have a few pics with them (not allowed to post them as my sister has only herd of the bad side of the internet)

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:32 am

I don't think football's 'a bit gay' at all, I take the 'each to their own' approach when talking about things that we enjoy, though sometimes it might seem like I think it's 'gay', usually because us poor wrestling fans often have to be on the defensive against footie fans who think we should watch a 'real' sport. (yeah right, like match fixing never happens in football does it? ;) :roll: )

In a similar way, I find most TV soaps tedious too, despite the fact that wrestling is all storyline based. It's about how the situations are presented for me. If the blokes in Eastenders settled their differences with an epic Tables, Ladders and Chairs match the next time somebody's pint was spilt in the Queen Vic, then I might be more inclined to watch it ;)

Devious

Post by Devious » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:29 pm

This is my synopsis in a nutshell, HIEL!

TheBoingoBandit

Post by TheBoingoBandit » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:23 am

I've got a pair of tickets (four rows from the ring) for TNA at Wembley on Jan the 24th for sale at face value.

I'm willing to sell as the pair or just a single ticket.

If anyone is interested, just PM me.

Cheers! :)

Darthhelmet

Post by Darthhelmet » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:09 am

I used to love wrestling, now its just a nice way to chill out, something fun to watch. I'm not in to it like I was as a teenager but I still enjoy getting into the stories or telling them they are idiots. But nothing they can ever do will beat The Rock, Stone Cold, Mankind, The Undertaker and The Hurricane, it was great when these people were doing the shows. The Rock still is the king of the pisstake, and the insult, and no one will beat Mankind at the hardcore match. I can still remember the Undertaker Vs Mankind Hell in a Cell match, that was a classic match.
Don't hate the gnome, hate the game.
I'm so embarrassed, I wish everyone else was dead. - Bender

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:16 am

Darthhelmet wrote:I used to love wrestling, now its just a nice way to chill out, something fun to watch. I'm not in to it like I was as a teenager but I still enjoy getting into the stories or telling them they are idiots. But nothing they can ever do will beat The Rock, Stone Cold, Mankind, The Undertaker and The Hurricane, it was great when these people were doing the shows. The Rock still is the king of the pisstake, and the insult, and no one will beat Mankind at the hardcore match. I can still remember the Undertaker Vs Mankind Hell in a Cell match, that was a classic match.
I agree wrestling isnt as good now as it was, but I prefer the late 80's early 90's stuff, when you had shows like Wrestling Challenge and Superstars. I put sky on at my mums recently and watched a WWE show, and in the hour show there was hardly any wrestling. Mostly talking backstage and shouting at each other.

In the olden days you had promos, matches, interviews etc.

But the worst thing about wrestling now is that its all violence. I mean "light-tube matches"!?!?! What the censored is that about. Its just Jackass in a wrestling ring. I know little organisations have to be a bit edgy to get peoples attention, but for me its not entertaining watching a man get suplexed into a load of light bulbs and gouging a big piece of flesh out of his back.
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:59 am

This years TNA Genisis is well worth a watch

Just to see "The old" Mick Foley

Heck TNA has become better than the WWE recently
Mainly due to the amount of high flyers

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm

i can't get to grips with tna!
i don't like the 6 sided ring, and the X-division wrestlers are less talented than me!!!
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:41 pm

mohicankid wrote:i can't get to grips with tna!
i don't like the 6 sided ring, and the X-division wrestlers are less talented than me!!!
Must admit that I agree with you on that one (I've only seen that one match of yours on Youtube, but still....;) )

But seriously....I appreciate what TNA are trying to do, some of their non-ex-WWE talent are really, really good (ie. AJ Styles, Jay Lethal) but the show as a whole just comes across as a really tacky low budget version of the old WCW Nitro shows. I don't really like the 6-sided ring either and some of the guys they seem to be pushing in the X Division don't really seem worth the effort to me. Plus, for every gimmick that 'works', there seem to be 3 that don't. I also don't like the way that they blatently take pop-shots at WWE, it just comes across as childish.

The commentators are useless too...Mike Tenay might know his stuff but he has about as much personality as a hatstand. I used to hate him on WCW Thunder, I hate him more here.

As I say though, I do appreciate what they're trying to do and when a TNA match is good, it's great. WWE also needs to have the competition too, I felt that they got really complacent after taking over ECW and WCW and that was when storylines really started to go downhill. I'd also like to be able to see a TNA match live, not had the time/money to go to a TNA event yet (have been to WWE events a couple of times though).

Darthhelmet

Post by Darthhelmet » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:37 pm

I have to agree about TNA, its not great but its alright. Hopefully it helps WWE get back to the old ways, and if TNA gets better with experience that will make two good wrestling shows to watch.
Don't hate the gnome, hate the game.
I'm so embarrassed, I wish everyone else was dead. - Bender

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:20 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:
mohicankid wrote:i can't get to grips with tna!
Must admit that I agree with you on that one (I've only seen that one match of yours on Youtube, but still....;) )

But seriously....I appreciate what TNA are trying to do, some of their non-ex-WWE talent are really, really good (ie. AJ Styles, Jay Lethal) but the show as a whole just comes across as a really tacky low budget version of the old WCW Nitro shows. I don't really like the 6-sided ring either and some of the guys they seem to be pushing in the X Division don't really seem worth the effort to me. Plus, for every gimmick that 'works', there seem to be 3 that don't. I also don't like the way that they blatently take pop-shots at WWE, it just comes across as childish.

The commentators are useless too...Mike Tenay might know his stuff but he has about as much personality as a hatstand. I used to hate him on WCW Thunder, I hate him more here.

As I say though, I do appreciate what they're trying to do and when a TNA match is good, it's great. WWE also needs to have the competition too, I felt that they got really complacent after taking over ECW and WCW and that was when storylines really started to go downhill. I'd also like to be able to see a TNA match live, not had the time/money to go to a TNA event yet (have been to WWE events a couple of times though).

I agree it all went downhill when they cought out ECW and WCW, they should've realised from the start they had too many wrestlers and kept the different companies running as seperate entities. Ok at the time they were about the only place to go to for wrestling on tv, but i'm sure they lost a lot of fans as it got extremely dull at that point.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.