Post by slof99 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:20 am

depends on the price but then id get rid of sky sports anyway lol
ps1 and ps3 games kids dvds and blurays all welcome

retrogamerdude

Re: wrestling

Post by retrogamerdude » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:07 pm

Looking forward to TNA this Sunday

Another wrestler drinking -
TAMPA - WWE wrestler Jimmy Uso was arrested for driving under the influence early Thursday, Tampa Police said.

When is it going to end

Has any one noticed a few people have football shirts on in the TNA crowd? I have seen Newcastle, West Brom, Rangers and a few other shirts as well
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

ulala

Post by ulala » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:27 am

isnt that because 4 TNA episodes are filmed back to back, with the "audience" just grabbed from people in a theme park who want to be on TV?

slof99

Post by slof99 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:18 am

you would of thought bischoff would of learnt from the tactic he used in the monday night wars that now the internet is posting his results not as many viewers etc

lanky316

Post by lanky316 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:08 am

ulala wrote:isnt that because 4 TNA episodes are filmed back to back, with the "audience" just grabbed from people in a theme park who want to be on TV?
Pretty much, it's why the Impact Zone feels dead, people just aren't into the story lines as they're not following. Plus there's only so many times you can get excited when the guy who was standing there talking was doing exactly the same half hour ago (in the case of Anderson praising the friend of his he was ranting about half hour ago). It does leave things a little flat.

I do find it appropriate you notice football shirts, I notice the cute redhead who;s been at ringside every week for the last year or so...

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:59 am

lanky316 wrote:
ulala wrote:isnt that because 4 TNA episodes are filmed back to back, with the "audience" just grabbed from people in a theme park who want to be on TV?
Pretty much, it's why the Impact Zone feels dead, people just aren't into the story lines as they're not following. Plus there's only so many times you can get excited when the guy who was standing there talking was doing exactly the same half hour ago (in the case of Anderson praising the friend of his he was ranting about half hour ago). It does leave things a little flat.

I do find it appropriate you notice football shirts, I notice the cute redhead who;s been at ringside every week for the last year or so...
TNA plant people in the audience.

slof99

Post by slof99 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:11 am

plus you cant forget the walking leatherheads lol

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:36 am

GigaPepsiMan wrote:TNA plant people in the audience.
So do WWE. All that crap with R-Truth earlier in the year when he threw that drink over a 'random' member of the audience and then some 'random' kid threw a drink in his face at the Capitol Punishment PPV was plain embarrassing.

There's almost always going to be a plant or two in the audience whatever pro wrestling show you watch.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:54 am

GigaPepsiMan wrote:
lanky316 wrote:

TNA plant people in the audience.
All on TV wrestling promotions do that.

slof99

Post by slof99 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:58 am

and the smaller indy's for storylines as well

freemonk

Post by freemonk » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:18 pm

Well in my opinion 'Hell in the Cell 2011' was a huge disappointment.

This was my first HIAC PPV. I've seen highlights of other HIAC matches and they looked brutal, especially the Undertaker vs Foley match, and was hoping for something like it in this PPV.

Nope, it was mainly just dribble and very predictable. It felt nothing more than a glorified cage match. I could say so much, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who's not seen it. Oh, and the climax is yet again fookin stupid.

Really disappointed.
WANTED: Spiderman: Web of Shadows (X360) / Mario Party 4 to 7 (GC) / Pikmin 2 (GC) / Muscle Bomber (SFC) / Bonkers (SNES) / Nosferatu (SNES) / Scramble (Vectrex) / Einhander (PS1) / Patapon 3 (PSP) / Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii)

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:41 pm

freemonk wrote:Well in my opinion 'Hell in the Cell 2011' was a huge disappointment.
Well, I've not read the rest of your post (haven't seen it yet, will be watching it this Friday night with a mate and some beers, then watching tonight's Raw straight after it) but I'm hardly surprised. Asides from Money In The Bank, every WWE PPV this year has been a huge disappointment with Wrestlemania 27 being easily the worst Wrestlemania for over a decade, possible 2 decades, in my opinion.

A couple of weeks back when bloody Cena won the title off Del Rio after Del Rio had barely had a chance to do anything with it, and then God (Triple H) flattened Punk at the end, I literally facepalmed as I was watching it.

I'm giving WWE until Wrestlemania 28 to improve (return of the Rock, probably Undertaker's last match) but if they carry on putting out stuff of this quality with John Cena still as the 'face' of the company, I just can't take it anymore. TNA has numerous faults but at least it doesn't feel like it's 'watered down' all the time.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:57 pm

I to am underwhelmed.
I mean when I complained about TNA doing "Normal tv" type matches a few months back that was not a bad thing, but when WWE does it its a bad thing.

My review is written and will be upped tomorrow

freemonk

Post by freemonk » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Well I got back into WWE Wrestling around 2-3 months ago, and although I enjoy watching most of the time, I noticed it's all the same matches...over and over.

How many times do we have to see CM Punk vs Cena, or Cena vs Del Rio or CM vs Del Rio?
How many times do we have to see Kelly Kelly vs Beth Phoenix?
How many times do we have to see Randy Orton vs Mark Henry?
How many times do we have to see Christian moan about his one title match? God...be original.

Why if everyone in the WWE was against Mark Henry, is it that he's not going after other wrestlers like CM Punk, Cena, Del Rio, Rhodes? etc

How about Mark Henry completly dominating the WWE and going against anyone and everyone with a title? Mark Henry being the first wrestler to hold all of the Championships including the Diva's one! :lol:

I want to see Randy Orton go against Cena or Punk and Del Rio go against Mark Henry.

For me, it's getting a little boring, and the 2 most entertaining wrestlers in the WWE (R-Truth and The Miz) are in this terrible 'fired' storyline. Then there's rumors that Vince M will be back and that's what all this Triple H losing control storyline is all about. We know what's going to happen, so stop drawing it out.

I can say for sure now that at Vengence in 3 weeks time, Mark Henry will go against Randy Orton AGAIN, Kelly Kelly vs Beth AGAIN, Del Rio vs CM Punk AGAIN, Sin Cara vs the evil Sin Cara AGAIN. All I'm hoping for is Shamus to go against Rhodes for the Intercontinental Championship and win it because Rhodes is one boring as hell champ.
WANTED: Spiderman: Web of Shadows (X360) / Mario Party 4 to 7 (GC) / Pikmin 2 (GC) / Muscle Bomber (SFC) / Bonkers (SNES) / Nosferatu (SNES) / Scramble (Vectrex) / Einhander (PS1) / Patapon 3 (PSP) / Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:08 pm

I want to see Randy Orton go against Cena or Punk and Del Rio go against Mark Henry.
Orton vs Cena has been done to death