yes
47%
no
53%

Total votes: 150

STranger81

Re: wrestling

Post by STranger81 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:32 am

After watching the preview the other day I sat last night and watched the Ultimate Warrior shoot video on Hulk Hogan

Best part of an hour but interesting viewing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDPfGr1V ... re=related

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:50 am

Oh funking wow.
Another Cena vs Punk match.

And another Cena championship match while Punk is feuding with Nash.

Canadian fans where funny.
I liked how they threw Cenas shirt back at him

(Canada>US)

freemonk

Post by freemonk » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:15 pm

DPrinny wrote:Oh funking wow.
Another Cena vs Punk match.

And another Cena championship match while Punk is feuding with Nash.

Canadian fans where funny.
I liked how they threw Cenas shirt back at him

(Canada>US)
It was pretty predicable that Triple H was going to announce the Cena vs Punk match once all of them were in that ring. It was also pretty predicable that Punk would lose to Cena because of some intevention from Kevin Nash. I agree it was funny when the Canadian's kept throwing the Cena shirt back to him! :lol:

The stupid thing of the night though was after the break, the announcers said that Kevin Nash was in a car accident, but then appears 10 minutes later. FFS..come on.

This is how I can see it play out for the night of champions.

CM Punk will end up in the ring against Triple H.
Cena will lose against Del Toro, which will lead to yet another match against Mysterio who will then win.
Randy Orton will somehow beat Mark Henry.

According to the latest listing for this week's Smackdown, Randy Orton will go against Christian (AGAIN!) in a Dark Match? referee'd by Brett The Hitman Hart, and Shamus will have a rematch again Mark Henry.

Both Orton and Henry will win those matches at my guess!
WANTED: Spiderman: Web of Shadows (X360) / Mario Party 4 to 7 (GC) / Pikmin 2 (GC) / Muscle Bomber (SFC) / Bonkers (SNES) / Nosferatu (SNES) / Scramble (Vectrex) / Einhander (PS1) / Patapon 3 (PSP) / Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:24 pm

Yeah I knew that Nash was going to have a part in it.

Still
The other bits where good.
The Miz and Truth bit was gold
Nice to see Santino getting a massive audience reaction

Also congrats to Borne for having his first bit of gold

Think I read somewhere that Henry's leaving soon (contract)

WWE dont like to let fueds die

freemonk

Post by freemonk » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:48 pm

I'd just like to know where this whole CM Punk and Nash think is going because surely Nash is too old and too messed up physically to wrestle, so the only way I can see this going is CM Punk going against Triple H, especially after he insulted his wife Mrs McManon this week.

Oh I do like R-Truth and The Miz. They remind me of the old 80's / 90's wrestlers with silly persona's and stories. Apparently after the RAW broadcast, The Mix and R-Truth went out and battered Cena as well, until he managed to get up and chase them out of the stadium. I would of loved to of seen that!
WANTED: Spiderman: Web of Shadows (X360) / Mario Party 4 to 7 (GC) / Pikmin 2 (GC) / Muscle Bomber (SFC) / Bonkers (SNES) / Nosferatu (SNES) / Scramble (Vectrex) / Einhander (PS1) / Patapon 3 (PSP) / Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii)

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:21 pm

now that HHH is basically running Raw, hopefully we'll find out who the GM is?

anyone else think maybe the RAW GM sent Nash the text?
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:59 pm

Haven't herd anything from the GM for weeks

Hes also in charge of Smackdown

I have to say it, but
WWE has been on the up of late. They have even had a watch able Cena match

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:16 pm

Apparently WWE are planning on reviving the crusierweight devision even though hornswoggle destroyed any credibility the belt had.

lanky316

Post by lanky316 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:38 am

They say this every now and then and given TNA just did a rejig and have said they're going to make the X Division something special and a core product following the success of Destination X it was obvious. Given they're already supposedly rejigging the tag division expect them to announce they're looking at actually getting some women who can wrestle in to "rebuild out divas division".

Either way it'll all end with Orton/Cena standing tall and main eventing every show with the villain of the month.

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:01 am

I like where the CM Punk storyline is (supposedly) going. It's like a modern Austin/McMahon feud and Punk is the ideal persona for this, considering his newfound popularity.

The whole Christian/Orton feud was long, but they traded the belt back and forth and it did help Christian's credibility as a main eventer, even if he didn't hold on to the belt very long.

I also like the fact that they're pushing Natalya & Beth Phoenix.
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:33 am

Rey reys out for a few months
http://www.24wrestling.com/rey-mysterio ... e-surgery/

Good. He hasn't been good for a few years

Also what happened after the cameras went off
After Raw went off the air, Miz and R-Truth ran out and continued the beatdown on John Cena and CM Punk. Cena and Punk ran them off. Cena and Punk then used Del Rio’s white towel and teased Ricardo Rogriguez as a bull, shaking the towel in front of him before they hit their finishes on him.

Pretty funny stuff. Punk then grandstanded with the fans for awhile, putting on a hat belonging to a guy in the front row, then elbow dropping it. He then held up a “We want CM Punk ice cream bars” sign.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Managed to get through the past few weeks and PPV of TNA over the last couple of days. The Ric Flair stuff had me laughing, X-Division Gauntlet match was good, but I don't understand why all the people who were suposidly fighting for that contract at Destination X are now all in the X-Division it seems??? not that I'm complaining. But come on TNA viewers do have a longer memory than a month!

The Hogan V Sting matches continues to build :lol: Sting is still on fire and loving it.

The TNA eurostore are having a summer clear out, (its free postage) and there a some real cheap bargains to be had, only realised last night, and signed figures that had been £30 were a fiver posted!

I see Matt Hardy has been released too.
WANTED: ANY SNES or GAMEBOY GAMES, OR EMPTY BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS, going for FULL SETS of both.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:44 pm

Matts life has really messed up

Still this vid was funny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hLmEdaDdC8

freemonk

Post by freemonk » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:29 am

I'm looking forward to Smackdown! tonight with what could be 2 good matches.

Mark Hardy vs Shamus rematch...will Shamus will this time?? I'm guessing not, that's reserved for Randy Orton to do.
Randy Orton vs Christian rematch which is apparently a 'Dark' match with guest referee Brett 'The Hitman' Hart. Again, Orton will win this by some sort of interference from someone (maybe Mark Hardy?) just so he gets a chance for the title at Night of Champions in 3 weeks.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:35 am

Did anyone buy TNA Fan interaction tickets this morning, managed to buy one for London (hoping Sting will be there!). They sold out within a minute, so was pretty darn lucky.
WANTED: ANY SNES or GAMEBOY GAMES, OR EMPTY BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS, going for FULL SETS of both.