yes
47%
no
53%

Total votes: 149

freemonk

Re: wrestling

Post by freemonk » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:42 am

DPrinny wrote:Needs the return of the comedy back stage bits.

Big bird vs Big show
Elmo vs Cena (both overrated and a bit annoying)
Im callin it

Cnea already has lost to Cookie monster

Love the image, but Elmo / Big Bird / Cookie Monster are all Seasme Street characters, no The Muppets (Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzy Bear, Gonzo, Beaker)!

I'm hoping for Animal to take on Mark Henry! :lol:
WANTED: Spiderman: Web of Shadows (X360) / Mario Party 4 to 7 (GC) / Pikmin 2 (GC) / Muscle Bomber (SFC) / Bonkers (SNES) / Nosferatu (SNES) / Scramble (Vectrex) / Einhander (PS1) / Patapon 3 (PSP) / Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii)

retrogamerdude

Post by retrogamerdude » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:39 am

Its going to be a strange couple of weeks in TNA soon - with what im reading its going to be good (thats what i think anyway lol)

Question - what are your fav tag teams of all time?

One of my fav tag team have to be The Headbangers

They have been changlleing tag teams - Air Boom, Mexican American and the ROH tag team as well on youtube :D they must be in a indy wrestling circuit or something
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:12 am

freemonk wrote: Love the image, but Elmo / Big Bird / Cookie Monster are all Seasme Street characters, no The Muppets (Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzy Bear, Gonzo, Beaker)!

To me its all the same stuff, people up things backsides

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:06 am

retrogamerdude wrote: Question - what are your fav tag teams of all time?
Mine quite possibly I would say the Steiner Brothers back in the WCW days, Harlem Heat were good too. Oooh and the Outsiders (Hall & Nash)
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:21 pm

los guerreros is one of favourite.

freemonk

Post by freemonk » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:25 pm

DPrinny wrote:
freemonk wrote: Love the image, but Elmo / Big Bird / Cookie Monster are all Seasme Street characters, no The Muppets (Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzy Bear, Gonzo, Beaker)!

To me its all the same stuff, people up things backsides

Ha ha ha!! Best sentence of the week! :lol: :lol:
WANTED: Spiderman: Web of Shadows (X360) / Mario Party 4 to 7 (GC) / Pikmin 2 (GC) / Muscle Bomber (SFC) / Bonkers (SNES) / Nosferatu (SNES) / Scramble (Vectrex) / Einhander (PS1) / Patapon 3 (PSP) / Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii)

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:14 pm

bensonrad wrote:
retrogamerdude wrote: Question - what are your fav tag teams of all time?
Mine quite possibly I would say the Steiner Brothers back in the WCW days, Harlem Heat were good too. Oooh and the Outsiders (Hall & Nash)
I always liked the Jumping Bomb Angels :D There's a great quote about the Steiners from Jim Ross at a Beach Blast, or at least I think it was, he said every team they have met they have beat like a stepchild, that made me laugh! I always thought Williams & Gordy were a pretty good tag team, I think I've got some dvds somewhere with a load of there matches on.
Splink!

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:54 pm

felgekarp wrote:[

I always liked the Jumping Bomb Angels
They did the first Powerbomb in the WWF iirc

Tag Teams

Road Warriors
Natural Disasters
Rockers
The Rock and Roll Express
The Blue Bloods
The Hardys
E & C
T & A
Dudley Boyz
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

James A

Post by James A » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:13 am

I can't remember there name off them properly off the top of my head think it was something like the Acid brother (Trent Acid and someone else) in CZW in the early 2000's. Some of the stuff they did was simply awesome.

Also, The Gangsters, Dudleys, Eliminators in ECW

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm

Maryse has been released by WWE.

TheRev

Post by TheRev » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:30 pm

Any Dragon Gate Fans here?

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:45 pm

retrogamerdude wrote:Question - what are your fav tag teams of all time?
Based purely on wrestlng ability and not the people (well, person) outside of the ring, I thought Dean Malenko and Chris Benoit were great as part of the Four Horsemen in WCW. Actually, I liked any tag teams Benoit was in, like when he teamed with Eddie Guerrero as part of The Radicalz, or when he teamed with Chris Jericho for a while.

Finally watched Vengeance earlier...to be honest I thought it was a 'meh' PPV (outside of Kevin Nash attacking Triple H....I honestly didn't see that coming and Nash looked in better shape than he has done the last few times he's been on TV...but the Henry/Big Show match was a nice surprise mimicking what Brock Lesnar and Big Show did years before (Jerry Lawler did actually mention Brock Lesnar as well when it happened) and the Cena/Del Rio match was fun, it was nice to see a Last Man Standing match go all over the backstage area and then the Spanish announce table getting trashed...it felt like a kind of throwback to the good old days and felt like they were making an effort to be entertaining at least.

Following Raw wasn't bad either, Nash putting Triple H in hospital was good and the ending (complete with John Cena drooling on the mic) set the tone for Survivor Series nicely. I noticed that guy with the 'We hate Cena' T Shirt on again as well, obviously a plant to promote Cena's new 'Rise Above Hate' T-Shirt :lol: Can't complain though, it did entertain me.

Haven't watched this week's TNA yet, but last week's show....just good grief. :roll: I think James Storm is really great, I do, he's paid his dues 10 times over and is more than ready to be a main eventer but doing it that way? Really? It's like they just completely took a big dump on the whole build up of Robert Roode. The only real way I can see out of that mess is to have Roode turn heel out of jealousy, otherwise I'm just not seeing what direction TNA are heading in here.
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:48 pm

James A wrote:I can't remember there name off them properly off the top of my head think it was something like the Acid brother (Trent Acid and someone else) in CZW in the early 2000's. Some of the stuff they did was simply awesome.

Also, The Gangsters, Dudleys, Eliminators in ECW
Backseat Boyz with Johnny Kashmere?

Seen Trent Acid wrestle vs Johnny Storm at GWF in Preston in 2002(very bottom review), he was really good. It's shame his demons caught up with him and cost him his life. In an era when smaller guys are beginning to break out and become top stars ala Jeff Hardy etc, and being only 29, Acid could have gone places. shame. I was always impressed when I saw him wrestle.
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:00 pm

Randy Orton seems to be falling down the ranks
From fighting for the Smackdown championship to losing to the Intercontinental championship

Fave tag teams
Edge and Chirstain, cant deniy there effects on tag teams and awesome matches (and great backstage comedy)

Im going to add more to this when my mind is more awake

lanky316

Post by lanky316 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:22 am

TheRev wrote:Any Dragon Gate Fans here?
Not seen a lot of their actual stuff. I have watched a Dragon Gate UK DVD though and enjoyed that.

Next weekend getting a moment of nostalgia from Brit-wres. Jonny Storm coming up to fight just down the road. He was in the first match British match I caught at Butlins what feels like many moons ago. Should be a good evening.