yes
47%
no
53%

Total votes: 150

freemonk

Re: wrestling

Post by freemonk » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:54 pm

GigaPepsiMan wrote:The match with the Rock at mania is suppose to be for the title and knowing WWE they will want that belt on Cena for Survivor Series to remind people of that.
Does that mean that The Rock will be back in the WWE for good, because what would be the point of him going for the title if he's only there to wrestle for Wrestlemania?
WANTED: Spiderman: Web of Shadows (X360) / Mario Party 4 to 7 (GC) / Pikmin 2 (GC) / Muscle Bomber (SFC) / Bonkers (SNES) / Nosferatu (SNES) / Scramble (Vectrex) / Einhander (PS1) / Patapon 3 (PSP) / Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii)

mainvein

Post by mainvein » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:10 pm

i checked twitter the other night as i follow loads of wrestlers and completely ruined tonights Impact - d'oh! still looking forward to watching it though

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:45 pm

freemonk wrote:
GigaPepsiMan wrote:The match with the Rock at mania is suppose to be for the title and knowing WWE they will want that belt on Cena for Survivor Series to remind people of that.
Does that mean that The Rock will be back in the WWE for good, because what would be the point of him going for the title if he's only there to wrestle for Wrestlemania?
If Rock Vs Cena is going to draw big money then imagine what Rock vs Cena for the title will do. The Rock isn't back for good, he will be at SS then he will go away again and come back when it is closer to wrestlemania. I believe that was the original plan anyway.

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:50 pm

There is absolutely no need to have a WWE title match between The Rock & Cena. The match in itself is huge, and it would be a waste of time to include any title in there. We just want to see the match!
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:25 pm

And yet WWE felt the need to have Cena make it a title match.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:48 pm

It was ok.
A thing happened with Big Show that might remind you of a Brock moment (Gif pending)
Funny I was thinking it when they both where on the turnbuckle

Also
I admit I loled even if it seems like a plant as he didnt really do any hating and sat down soon after Cena walked away

Reveiw (kinda spoiler free) up on my site and

Cena didnt win

Edit
Two gifs of that Big show bit

http://s1016.photobucket.com/albums/af2 ... t=omg2.gif

http://s1016.photobucket.com/albums/af2 ... byebye.gif

Not posted as pics to save on spoilers

freemonk

Post by freemonk » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:16 pm

Overall, I really enjoyed most of Vengence, and it was definatly one of the better PPV's over the past 3 months.

It's just a shame that they felt the need to rehash stuff.

The re-apperence of a certain someone during the HHH / CM Punk vs R-Truth / Miz match made me do a :roll: I do wonde if HHH did hurt himself though, as the way he landed looked really awkward.

The end of the Big Show / Mark Henry match like Prinny mentioned was just like what happened when the Big Show vs Brock all those years ago.

The end of the Cena vs Del Rio match was the same as the last two PPV's. It's getting boring now!

Overall though, an improvement over the other PPV's. For me the Air Boom vs Ziggler / Swagger match was my fav of the night. I love Swagger doing what a kid does at a disco (running around doing an aeroplane) is just awesome! :lol:
WANTED: Spiderman: Web of Shadows (X360) / Mario Party 4 to 7 (GC) / Pikmin 2 (GC) / Muscle Bomber (SFC) / Bonkers (SNES) / Nosferatu (SNES) / Scramble (Vectrex) / Einhander (PS1) / Patapon 3 (PSP) / Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii)

retrogamerdude

Post by retrogamerdude » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:40 pm

I though my friend was kidding when he said that the ring collapsed in the Henry v Big Show match - now i see the pics he wasnt joking :lol:

----------------------------
As i will be at the London MCM Expo this weekend i will be watching the FWA - looking forward to this weekend :)
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:56 am

One match confirmed for Survivor series so far
Miz/R-Truth vs Cena and.....................................THE ROCK

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:27 am

DPrinny wrote:One match confirmed for Survivor series so far
Miz/R-Truth vs Cena and.....................................THE ROCK
"The Rock!"

Seriously though I can keep watching that in the same way I can keep watching that clip from RAW with del rio and the mouse.

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:51 pm

GigaPepsiMan wrote: Image
"The Rock!"
That was awesome, I loved how he was trying to announce the Rock's name all epic and dramatically, only to spit down his chin! :lol:
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:23 pm

They need to get Swaggers soaring Eagle back!!! I really can't understand why people like Kofi so much, I did try asking but I just get told the casual fans and people who don't know anything about wrestling like him
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:56 pm

Atlast got round to watching TNA BFG, it's been hard not to look up any results or news on it. Was not the best of PPV's, I found Taz's commentary throughout boring and stunted. The Angle/Roode Match was well under par compared to all the recent hyping. I also felt Jeff Jarrett was certainly shoe-horning himself in as per usual.

Hogan V Sting, I quite enjoyed it in a nostalgic way. The crowd certainly got behind the old hulkster and was pleased to see he is not quite the physical wreck he would have led us to believe over the past few months.

Just watching the latest impact, HOW MUCH piped crowd noise are they playing!!! At the start while Sting is talking to Dixie, the crowd sound is very loud, loads and load of cheering, yet all the crowd I can see are just sitting their silently fidling with their cameras!! Began to really annoy me after a while.
WANTED: ANY SNES or GAMEBOY GAMES, OR EMPTY BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS, going for FULL SETS of both.

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:43 pm

Double J has been one of the better things about impact these last few months.

Anyway RAW next week will be hosted by THE MUPPETS.
I bloody hate wrestling sometimes.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:21 pm

Needs the return of the comedy back stage bits.

Big bird vs Big show
Elmo vs Cena (both overrated and a bit annoying)
Im callin it

Cnea already has lost to Cookie monster