47%
no
53%

Total votes: 150

James A

Re: wrestling

Post by James A » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:17 am

Shinobi wrote:
bensonrad wrote:The Abyss storyline is meant to be like that at the mo, he is being run down all the time by Imortal, (and he won't take part in any of the beat downs and just stands there) in preperation for his Face turn, maybe he'll side up to Hogan when the red & yellow comes back out! :lol:

Crimson, is almost like a mirror image of Goldberg when he first appeared on the scene in WCW, unbeaten streak, angry face that snarls a lot etc.
To me there's no way Abyss should be losing to people like AJ Styles or Brian Kendrick, as his whole gimmick he used his brain to win matches.. Crimson reminds me of that Vampire Judas Messiahs???(with all the blood coming out of his mouth) with Sinister Minster... He looked really good, apart from when he took his gear off he was a dwarf and got pined by Rhino in two moves.. Crimson is just a nobody isn't he.. I asked about Samoa Joe as I heard he was supposed to be awesome - but every time I see him he loses all the time, I was told he's garbage just a fat guy who can take bumps.. And whats the deal with Okado, does Joe dress as the Green Hornet?

I hate Lax and INC INC and don't really see the appeal in Beer Money(Old Stone Cold), the only people I'm interested in like Big Poppa Pump, Abyss, Sting and Sucide they never seem to use them, or rip them off if they do fight.. My god I'm suprised Bully Ray beat Anderson, Anderson was garbage on WWE he only have to jump and he'd get injured.. What about Hogan and his Red eye's
Check out any Somoan Joe matches with AJ Styles or Christopher Daniels from a few years back

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:02 am

Samao Joe, has been pushed further and further down, he was top of his game and a huge fan favourite when he was Champion. I think when he did the live unscripted shoot at the PPV when Scott Hall no showed, his life was made rather difficult within TNA (Nash was not a happy man about it) He now seems to be an angry jobber. He also looks to have put on a bit of weight too. Maybe Hogan and Bischoff are holding him down, what with big Kev being there mate and all. They need to push him again and turn him babyface.

Brian Kendrick I find very annoying, where as I am enjoying Kid Cash and Austin Aries in the X division and the beating they like to give Kendrick. haha.
WANTED: ANY SNES or GAMEBOY GAMES, OR EMPTY BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS, going for FULL SETS of both.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:33 pm

^Joes contract is up soon.
Think WWe is trying to get him where he will be more underused

Speaking of
This weeks Smackdown has promise of a awesome opening match
40 man rumble
Was going well but down to about 30 or so a add break and when they came back the ring was almost empted(about 8)
WOW! These ad breaks are great for pissing people off

Save you the hassle
Orton wins and challenges for the title and ......Cant remember think he lost

Winner this week
TNA
Rude doing a crippler cross face
And a surprise save at the end

The other matches where good

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:24 pm

Bound For Glory

Haters going to hate

Thought it was a pretty decent PPV other than the women's match, the 3 way and the match of 10000 finishers cut short because of timing issues and with a possible legit injury to end on
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

retrogarden

Post by retrogarden » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:32 am

RMLF wrote:Bound For Glory

Haters going to hate
That is true. Hated it.

retrogamerdude

Post by retrogamerdude » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:41 am

I havent even seen all the result from BFG yet - only read so many matches and i didnt want to see who won in the Sting/Hogan and Angle/Roode matches - i wanna watch it this thursday :D cant wait
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:26 am

RMLF wrote:Bound For Glory

Haters going to hate

Thought it was a pretty decent PPV other than the women's match, the 3 way and the match of 10000 finishers cut short because of timing issues and with a possible legit injury to end on
Hmmm. Downloading it as I type, will watch it later.

Not expecting great things TBH (as I said in an earlier post), I'm only really in it for the Roode/Angle match. Hopefully my lowered expectations will bear fruit. I'm also very interested to hear the live crowd reaction to old man Sting vs old man Hogan.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

It was great.

Only good thing about the Hogan Sting match was the "Extra time"

Ill plonk up my full review later

Tis up

retrogamerdude

Post by retrogamerdude » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:36 pm

I dont know if anyone has watched the E60:The Wrestler: The Scott Hall Story?

Its such a sad thing what he has done to himself :(
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:44 pm

Now it's been on in the UK (though I downloaded it and watched it Monday night), just gonna share a few thoughts about Bound For Glory

It didn't exceed my expectations at least. The X Division match was just average. Really liked Anderson vs Bully Ray, and even though Anderson botched the intended finisher (he missed Bully Ray completely with the Kenton Bomb, so the table didn't break and the crowd started booing :lol: ) they rectified it quickly when Anderson did the Mic Check through the table instead. Great stuff. And Hogan vs Sting...it was entertainingly bad at least and just like we saw back at Wrestlemania X8, the crowd suddenly all turned into Hogan marks once he did his 'hulking up' act :lol: :lol: Wasn't quite expecting the crowd to do that, but Hogan fed off it and started working the crowd and as a result, it was fun to watch. Basically a match were Hogan did pretty much sod all was way, way better than that crappy match Bret Hart was in at last years Wrestlemania where he did sod all as well.

But the I Quit match was terrible...decent start but then a really p!ss poor ending that really let it down. And that was my feeling about the main event (Angle vs Roode) too....the match wasn't the best I've seen either of them in (I lost count of how many times Roode put the Crossface on Angle, it was getting ridiculous) but the ending pretty much made a mockery of the whole build up Roode has been getting for the past couple of months, like he's just been sh!t on and buried. It annoyed me that much that it actually made me think worse of the PPV as a whole. :( I found the Jeff Hardy/Jeff Jarrett segment a bit pointless too...one, because it felt like bloody Jarrett was just shoehorning himself into Bound For Glory because he didn't have a match :evil: and two, because I'm a bit concerned that Jeff Hardy's gonna get pushed straight to the top again now and Roode's going to get stuck in upper mid-card hell, which isn't fair on the guy at all. :evil: The knockouts match was rubbish, but they often are, Velvet Sky won at least.

However, despite my complaints, it was still leagues ahead of this years Wrestlemania.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

freemonk

Post by freemonk » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:31 am

It's the WWE Vengence PPV tonight (yea a a hheeh? I don't know, it can't get any worse than Hell in a Cell was). Predictions anyone?

Alberto Del Rio vs John Cena: Alberto will win. I pretty sure of this because they are advertising the 2011 Raw UK World Tour that starts in Novemeber as "Alberto Del Rio defends his championship against John Cena". Are the advertisers at the WWE fookin stupid??

Mark Henry vs Big Show: I'm hoping Mark Henry. It'll be just too convinent for the Big Show to return after just one match (with Del Rio) for him to win the Championship. Plus I'd love Mark Henry to dominate a little longer. Get Mark to go after all the belts including the Tag Team one's as well! :lol:

Triple H & CM Punk vs The Miz and R-Truth: I'm not sure on this one. With the way things are going with the whole Triple H and Raw thing at the moment, I think The Miz and R-Truth will win, but not without some sort of interference from John Laurinatis against Triple H.

Randy Orton vs Cody Rhodes: Due to this not being an Intercontinental Title Defense from Cody Rhodes, I think Randy will take it. If it was, then Cody would hold onto it.

Sheamus vs Christian: Oh please let it be Sheamus. I can't stand Christian at the moment. Sheamus is really shining at the moment and one of my current favs.

Air Boom vs Ziggler and Swagger: Air Boom will win I think. Swagger will end up cocking something up and costing them the title, and the whole Ziggler & Swagger thing will kick off again. It's like they forgot they were enemies all be 3-4 weeks ago.

Dolph Ziggler vs Zack Ryder: Please let it be Ryder. He is may fav at the moment. So coooky and funny. To see him take the United States Champ belt would be brilliant. WOO WOO WOO.

Beth Phoenix vs Eve: Do we care? It'll be Eve.
WANTED: Spiderman: Web of Shadows (X360) / Mario Party 4 to 7 (GC) / Pikmin 2 (GC) / Muscle Bomber (SFC) / Bonkers (SNES) / Nosferatu (SNES) / Scramble (Vectrex) / Einhander (PS1) / Patapon 3 (PSP) / Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii)

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:15 am

freemonk wrote:It's the WWE Vengence PPV tonight (yea a a hheeh? I don't know, it can't get any worse than Hell in a Cell was). Predictions anyone?

Alberto Del Rio vs John Cena: Alberto will win. I pretty sure of this because they are advertising the 2011 Raw UK World Tour that starts in Novemeber as "Alberto Del Rio defends his championship against John Cena". Are the advertisers at the WWE fookin stupid??
Ever hear the term "card subject to change"?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:19 am

I dont want to see another belt round Cena, but I also dont like Rio.

Still they both seem to have about 5 moves

freemonk

Post by freemonk » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:44 am

GigaPepsiMan wrote:
freemonk wrote:It's the WWE Vengence PPV tonight (yea a a hheeh? I don't know, it can't get any worse than Hell in a Cell was). Predictions anyone?

Ever hear the term "card subject to change"?
Yep, but from what I saw (it was an advert during today's WWE Superstars show on Sky1) that wasn't visible to me (although it could of been!?)

Even so, I still think Del Rio will win it, just because they need to finish this Cena vs Del Rio storyline ready for Cena's 'new' storyline which apprently is the refueled fuel against The Rock (apparently, so I've read). Again I could be completely wrong! :lol:
WANTED: Spiderman: Web of Shadows (X360) / Mario Party 4 to 7 (GC) / Pikmin 2 (GC) / Muscle Bomber (SFC) / Bonkers (SNES) / Nosferatu (SNES) / Scramble (Vectrex) / Einhander (PS1) / Patapon 3 (PSP) / Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii)

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:55 pm

The match with the Rock at mania is suppose to be for the title and knowing WWE they will want that belt on Cena for Survivor Series to remind people of that.