yes
47%
no
53%

Total votes: 150

Shinobi

Re: wrestling

Post by Shinobi » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:04 pm

Just wondering on WWE who is Barakus the German Warhorse, I'm assuming an old wrestler??? Can't find anything on googling him unless the name is spelt wrong
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

retrogamerdude

Post by retrogamerdude » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:36 am

WWE has announced that Darren Young has been suspended for 30 days due to a violation of the company's Wellness Policy.

The following statement was posted on the WWE website on Thursday:

"In accordance with its Talent Wellness Program, WWE has suspended Fred Rosser (Darren Young) for 30 days effective Wednesday, Oct. 5, for his first violation of the company’s policy."

----------------
Vince Russo has been removed from his post as the head of TNA's creative team, according to a report by ProWrestling.NET.

Russo has been replaced by Bruce Prichard, who is also in charge of TNA's talent relations.

Russo is not entirely gone, as he'll still be one of the senior writers for the show along with writer Matt Conway, but Bruce Prichard will now handle the overall direction of the shows and has the final say on the scripts.

This major change to TNA's creative structure has been in the works for several months and became official within the past week or so.

There are said to be mixed feelings in the TNA locker room regarding Bruce Prichard getting so much power in TNA so early into his run with the company - but at the same time, Russo's demotion is sure to make many people happy.

(Taken from Lordsofpain.net)
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:30 pm

just met former ring of honour TV champ El Generico, nice chap! he's wrestling for BWP in prestatyn tonight! :)
unfortunatly i won't be there to see the show, but will hopefully get to see the recording at some point!
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:03 pm

>Hogan wrestling Sting

Oh bloody hell its going to be one of those matches

Raw stars are wrestling on Smackdown in protest

Orton has no problems with HHH
Zack vs HHH vs Orton

Also Big show vs Mark Henry for the title

lanky316

Post by lanky316 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:12 pm

Gotta say they're working kind of well into a storyline to end the brand split (if as earlier rumoured that's the end goal) but I do find it silly all the Smackdown wrestlers turned up saying it was unsafe... Just to then essentially invite the lot from the other side to join in the fun and games on Smackdown. Guess it's better than the random attacks...

Helensification

Post by Helensification » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:47 pm

Excellent Britannia Wrestling Promotions show on Friday night. El Generico's match was amazing.

I'll be putting up photos on FB as usual within a day or so but not sure when the videos will be up.

Met El Generico in the afternoon and as mk said he's a really nice guy. I didn't succumb to buying a t-shirt but did get a picture of him with me after the show. :lol:

For those of you who may be interested and unfortunately couldn't make the show, I'll post a link to the videos when they are available. :)

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:44 pm

Shinobi wrote:Just wondering on WWE who is Barakus the German Warhorse, I'm assuming an old wrestler??? Can't find anything on googling him unless the name is spelt wrong
Yeah, he's only made a few appearences for WWF/E in 1997. The right spelling is 'Brakkus', that should help you find him on Google :)

I actually enjoyed most of this years Hell In A Cell, it started off badly (Sheamus vs Christian wasn't that great, Sin Cara vs Evil Sin Cara was a 'worst match of the year' candidate) but then improved a lot...good tag match, not bad random IC match, good World Heavyweight match with Mark Henry getting a clean win, and a superb bit of storytelling in the WWE Championship match (loved John Cena getting dragged out the Cell and locked outside while the match was still going on :lol: ). Following Raw was OK too, and the vote of no confidence in Triple H and the mass walkout at the end really got me interested.

Makes a change for me to praise WWE, but credit where it's due. I suppose it'll be back to 'same old sh!t' by Vengeance though.

Just watched this week's TNA too...pretty good show....there still making a big deal out of Hogan vs Sting at Bound For Glory :( , but they're also really hyping up the Robert Roode/Angle match and letting Roode showcase his skills....fully expecting that to be a superb match. :D Interesting appearence from Jeff Hardy as well. It's also obvious just how much better the atmosphere is when they tape Impact in a proper arena (this one's in Knoxville, Tennessee), the crowd were good and way more into what was going on than the usual sh!tty Impact Zone crowd are.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:34 am

^Sin Cara Azue vs Sin Cara nergo

Wait what.
I think only Booker T can say the name of the latter one

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:15 am

So after all that Hogan isn't really retiring, and Bound for Glory is still going ahead, whilst I love seeing the Hulk, I fear for how poor this match will end up being, I also hope it does not take the rub off Roode/Angle match.

I read Hogan has signed a new TNA contract, so would assume that mean Eric B will continue on, perhaps Hogan will Hulk up back to Red & Yellow at BFG and will spend his final year being the good guy helping the younger wrestlers :roll:
WANTED: ANY SNES or GAMEBOY GAMES, OR EMPTY BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS, going for FULL SETS of both.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:14 am

To be honest, I'm really looking forward to the Hogan/Sting match...not because it's going to be great (we know it won't) but because the Philadelphia crowd at Bound For Glory are probably going to savage it :lol: :lol:

There's enough other good matches happening at BFG to make up for it, granted a couple of them are ones we've seen a couple of times before but AJ Styles/Christopher Daniels 'I Quit' match should be good, RVD vs Jerry Lynn is (I think) Falls Count Anywhere, Samoa Joe vs Crimson vs Matt Morgan Triple Threat, pretty sure Velvet Sky will be winning the Knockouts belt, heck I've even got faith in Bully Ray and Mr Anderson to put on a good show.

Only match I don't really give much of a toss about is Mexican America vs Ink Inc. (mainly because Mexican America suck donkey balls) but even that might turn out OK.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:21 am

You never know with TNA.
They can put on matches that sound "Urgh" and they turn out good

Hoping that the Angle vs Rude match dont have another sodding run in ending as its a lame way to end a big match

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:04 pm

ToxieDogg wrote: Only match I don't really give much of a toss about is Mexican America vs Ink Inc. (mainly because Mexican America suck donkey balls) but even that might turn out OK.
Mexian American really really really iritate me, I now fast forward there matches, annoying as I used to like LAX.
WANTED: ANY SNES or GAMEBOY GAMES, OR EMPTY BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS, going for FULL SETS of both.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:09 pm

Only thing I like about Mexican America these days are Sarita and Rosita (they have hot chicks at least), and even that's been ruined by that daft storyline angle in which they've made Sarita wear a mask covering most of her face after being 'injured'. :(

I used to like Hernandez a lot in LAX, as a wrestler he seems to have gotten quite badly worse in a short space of time though. Either that, or Homicide was carrying the matches a lot more than I realised at the time.

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:36 pm

Sarita has to wear that mask as half her face is paralyzed or something like that.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:18 pm

GigaPepsiMan wrote:Sarita has to wear that mask as half her face is paralyzed or something like that.
Thing is though, she's been competing without it for a bit of time now.

http://www.tnasylum.com/2011/09/sarita- ... icism.html

Granted, TNA episodes are taped in advance, maybe she'll start appearing without it on TV again soon (hopefully).