slof99

Re: wrestling

Post by slof99 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:49 pm

classic image in head now dpinny lol
ps1 and ps3 games kids dvds and blurays all welcome

freemonk

Post by freemonk » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:26 pm

Overall 'Night of Champions' was a good event, nothing brilliant but definatly watchable.

The Miz and R-Truth taking there frustration out on the Ref was brilliant. They are still may favourite double act of the WWE, although with what happened last night on RAW's Supershow makes me hope that they are back real soon.

The DiBiase vs Rhodes match was disappointing, as was the Kelly vs Beth match. The fans were really miffed that Beth didn't win!

The John Cena vs Alberto Del Rio match was funny, especially when Cena drove out in Rio's car.

Triple H vs CM Punk was a good match, but all that crap with Kevin Nash, The Miz and R-Truth, the talent relations guy who is clearly the one behind all the crap going ou just spoilt it. According to the Wrestling news, it took a while before they moved Nash, because he did get clobbered good with that Sledgehammer.

Best match of the night was Mark Henry vs Randy Orton. Everyone was expecting Randy to somehow take it, and when he managed that DDT from the ropes, I thought he had it, but the power of Mark Henry is amazing. Hell in a Cell in 2 weeks against these two will be awesome. I can see the WWE let Mark Henry dominate until Wrestlemanina when the Undertaker will be back. Now that would be a superb match...Mark Henry vs The Undertaker!!

Lastly...The Muppets on RAW??? OMG!!! Can't wait.
WANTED: Spiderman: Web of Shadows (X360) / Mario Party 4 to 7 (GC) / Pikmin 2 (GC) / Muscle Bomber (SFC) / Bonkers (SNES) / Nosferatu (SNES) / Scramble (Vectrex) / Einhander (PS1) / Patapon 3 (PSP) / Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii)

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:51 pm

mohicankid wrote:
pratty wrote: Would love to see Mark Henry win just for the shock value, but it's not happening.
:D
:oops: I won't be making any more predictions for a while. :lol:
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:13 pm

Henry vs Taker at WM?
BEEN DONE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P92jCJ1NDcc

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:02 am

Some news.
WWE Diva Natalya helped foil an audacious attempt by ex Diva Melina to involve herself in last nights Divas tag match in Cleveland. On Monday afternoon Natalya recieved a text message from Melina claiming she was in Cleveland, had a ticket for the Raw show and asking "If I jump KK (Kelly Kelly), you will play ball right?"

Natalya presumed this was a joke, but showed it to the Divas' liaison who after alerting WWE security then asked her to ring Melina to find out exactly what she had planned. The conversation, which Natalya put on loud-speaker with several members of the lockeroom present included a rambling and possibly under the influence Melina suggesting that attacking Kelly live on Raw would get her a job back as a Diva as "Vince loves reality angles"

Sure enough Melina was spotted in the queue for the show with a ticket. Unlike what she may have witnessed on WWE television, she was to find out that WWE are actually allowed to turn people away whether they have a ticket to the show or not. A humiliated Melina was warned that the next time she tries something like this the police will be involved.

Not for the first time Melina's on-off boyfriend John Morrison bore the brunt of her misadventure. He was asked to "keep his woman under control" and his in-ring appearance was that 30 second squash defeat to Alberto Del Rio.
PWinsider.com wrote:Former WWE & TNA star Matt Hardy has been arrested once again. Hardy was arrested on September 14th following a search warrant being executed on his home in Cameron, North Carolina. During that search, Deputies seized 20 vials of Anabolic Steroids, 1 "dosage unit of MDMA" (aka Ecstasy), $1,961.00 as well as unnamed drug paraphernalia. Hardy was charged with possession with intent to sell/deliver schedule III controlled substance (the steroids), possession of schedule I controlled substance (the Ecstasy), maintaining a place to keep controlled substance, and possession of drug paraphernalia. He is scheduled to appear in court for these charges on September 29th.
From Dolph Zigglers twitter:
land in Bikini Bottom 9:30 am, MRI scheduled for 1 pm.....possible fractured jaw #thanksBatman
Looks like Jackman got over excited.

pratty

Post by pratty » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:27 am

That's some crazy news.

What was Melina thinking? And what a pair those Hardy brothers are!
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:58 am

What is the deal with Jeff Hardy at the mo, so he is back now in TNA, going round begging forgiveness do his best puppy dog impression. Is he now clean and off the drugs.

Watching Flair in the ring is really pushing the boundaries of decency these days, I really wish they would keep him out of the ring, hopefully that was his last match (against sting).
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:13 am

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:15 am

I think Hogan will still wrestle Sting at BFG, its still being advertised on the TNA site. He (and Eric) had 2 year contracts with TNA which I guess would end this December. Not too sure what more he can do/bring to the table at TNA, so chances are he may go come January. Not really too sure what he could do even if he went back to WWE. Before it was all about merchandising with him, but I can't imagine he is the hottest T-shirt selling line now.
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:07 pm

bensonrad wrote:What is the deal with Jeff Hardy at the mo, so he is back now in TNA, going round begging forgiveness do his best puppy dog impression. Is he now clean and off the drugs.

Watching Flair in the ring is really pushing the boundaries of decency these days, I really wish they would keep him out of the ring, hopefully that was his last match (against sting).
Jeff has been to rehab, he has 10 days in Jail or something as part of his Drug Charges from aeons ago which caused his departure from WWE.. Assume that he is now cleaned up that he will be back there tout suite as TNA is falling to bits

Flair blew his elbow sac, vs Sting, nothing was done wrong by Sting, assume that finally Flairs body has given up the ghost and that it is time to call it quits for real.

That Melina stuff is fubared.

As for the Hogan Stuff, afaik his contract is up before BFG and his back is in such a poor state that wrestling is out of the question. iirc the match vs Sting has been nixed. The 'retirement' is probably so he can jump ship for a Mania Payday, seems to be the current rumour last time I checked
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

lanky316

Post by lanky316 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:39 am

Where would Hogan fit in. Special referee in Cena/Rock perhaps? three generations of superstar in one ring? I had initially thought "the streak" but there's no way he could put on a half decent fight with 'taker, would've been nice bookends to the career of Undertaker though, first and last matches against Hogan.

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:38 am

lanky316 wrote:Where would Hogan fit in. Special referee in Cena/Rock perhaps? three generations of superstar in one ring? I had initially thought "the streak" but there's no way he could put on a half decent fight with 'taker, would've been nice bookends to the career of Undertaker though, first and last matches against Hogan.
No Idea boss tbf.. Is he in the Hall of Fame? I cant remember. Could do a GM type role as thats what he is doing in TNA anyway.

Taker may be finished anyway, I think from what Ive read his body is completely shot and he is near enough done, next WM will be his last comewhat may, hence the already reduced sched. What is it about 3 matches in 2 years or something?

For those in or Near Portsmouth, check this out

http://www.thedeadwrestlersociety.com/

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:08 am

RMLF wrote: As for the Hogan Stuff, afaik his contract is up before BFG and his back is in such a poor state that wrestling is out of the question. iirc the match vs Sting has been nixed. The 'retirement' is probably so he can jump ship for a Mania Payday, seems to be the current rumour last time I checked
Appears that this may be wrong :wink:

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:17 am

Hogan is already in the HOF, inducted by Sly Stalone, remember the one more match chants, he said never say no!

retrogamerdude

Post by retrogamerdude » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:32 pm

- A new WWE survey on the upcoming WWE Network asks fans interest in WWE possibly moving their monthly pay-per-views to the network as "monthly specials."

The proposed option reads like this:
"This network would include all of WWE's monthly pay-per-view events to the lineup at no additional cost. Rather than having to pay for them, they would now be monthly specials with the same match quality you’re used to seeing on pay-per-view for no additional cost. These events would only be on The WWE Network."
The following other options were listed in the survey as possible programming:
* Classic footage of older promotions like WCW, NWA, ECW and the AWA.
* New non-wrestling shows.
* Documentaries.
* WWE talents hosting their favorite movies.
* Repeats of RAW and SmackDown.
* New weekly live in-ring shows.
* Daily in-studio interactive shows similar to news programs or SportsCenter.
* Interactive call-in shows hosted by WWE talents.
* Reality show with former WWE stars living in a house.
(taken from LordsofPain.net - http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/WWE ... twork.html)
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)