yes
47%
no
53%

Total votes: 149

DPrinny

Re: wrestling

Post by DPrinny » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:54 pm

For a change I am agreeing with Spoonys review of it.

The Core match should of been a dark match and Bryan should of been on

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:09 pm

DPrinny wrote:For a change I am agreeing with Spoonys review of it.

The Core match should of been a dark match and Bryan should of been on
I don't always completely agree with Spoony's TNA rants myself but he's spot on in that Wrestlemania review. Watching that was like reliving most of the conversation I had with my mate just after it finished.
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

lanky316

Post by lanky316 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:00 am

DPrinny wrote: The Core match should of been a dark match and Bryan should of been on
Strongly disagree with that. If they're booking it for a two minute squash you have something but that's just down to bad booking. The Corre, supposedly, are a group of young renegades coming in and basically running the show. They're half way there in that they hold half the titles between them and the cowardly group attacks on people is good for building up heel heat for them in the way the NWO would hardly actually fight in the early days but were always THERE. The right people won, after X time of dodgy shenanigans and hitting and running the group of faces get together with the chance to corner them and get revenge. However, it should be after a 10-15 minute match of people using typical cowardly heel tactics before isolating the ring leader (Barrett) with (monster) to get the finish.

Essentially Wrestlemania featured hardly any of the in ring material, think match times totaled up just under 2 hours, and this ultimately is where some of the flaws come in and where Bryans match (which I was hyped for) should've been covered. Yes we got Rapping Regal but ultimately it was filler and the show came across as a double Raw episode rather than the grand spectacular.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:19 am

http://www.phenomforever.com/?p=8439&cp ... ment-49742
Pursuant to WWE’s Concussion policy, the stunt of using a folded metal chair shot to the head is prohibited. Triple H and The Undertaker have both been fined for violating this policy at WrestleMania XXVII. WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension for violation of this policy, which is unchanged and still in effect.

James A

Post by James A » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:01 am

DPrinny wrote:http://www.phenomforever.com/?p=8439&cp ... ment-49742
Pursuant to WWE’s Concussion policy, the stunt of using a folded metal chair shot to the head is prohibited. Triple H and The Undertaker have both been fined for violating this policy at WrestleMania XXVII. WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension for violation of this policy, which is unchanged and still in effect.
Didn't Brock Lesnar rupture something in Kurt Angels neck after a chair shot or was it the other way around.

Haven't watched WWE in years now but alot of my friends have said its gone back to the bad old days of playing to the kids and all the violence has been taken out of it.

Saying that did watch one of the old ECW PPV i found before they went bankrupt which brought back some fond memories. Its the one where RVD first unleadshed the Van Terminator :D

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:14 pm

^Yes it is mostly kiddy now.
They have the Extreme rules PPV coming up.

Im looking forward to seeing how they mess that up.

TNA is the closest you will get to the olden days

TheBoingoBandit

Post by TheBoingoBandit » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:23 pm

DPrinny wrote:
TheBoingoBandit wrote:I didn't watch WrestleMania as I longer have Sky, but I did see the end of the main event on YouTube. It certainly didn't feel like a wrestleMania ending. The end of the show's spotlight should be on the winner of the main event and not an old star who no longer wrestles and is about to sod off again (even if it is the Rock). Shows you WWE's lack of confidence in their latest stars.
I keep saying this to people

There are ways of watching/downloading it for free

When watching wrestling, prefer TV quality sound and picture and well, piracy is wrong in my opinion.

Besides, from what I've read and seen of WrestleMania - I'm not missing much.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:04 pm

Yeah I know its wrong, but they should make it cheaper before I start handing my cash over.
$5 for a PPV is great
$50 is taking the censored

(Also the quality of them is bloody great, I have yet to get a unwatchable one.Some are even in better than normal TV quality)

(Unless streamed)
TNA on the other hand have got it right there stuff is free to those of us in the UK with Freeveiw.
I just don't have a freeveiw box as id have my TV on even if theres nothing on. (That and most TV these days is arse)

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:39 pm

Yep, TNA free on challenge TV, PPVs free and all! I would certainly be watching it if I had a freeview box (and I do want one)
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

mainvein

Post by mainvein » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:42 pm

just watched last nights impact and surprised at the quality of it, been a bit cack of late and nice to see them step up a little. It actually felt like there was a lot of wrestling in it for a change (unlike the other week where they only had one cheap match in the first hour)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:07 pm

bensonrad wrote:Yep, TNA free on challenge TV, PPVs free and all! I would certainly be watching it if I had a freeview box (and I do want one)
You dont need one if you have a internet connection.,

To bad that challenge dont stream there channel online. Unlike so meany others.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:56 am

DPrinny wrote:
bensonrad wrote:Yep, TNA free on challenge TV, PPVs free and all! I would certainly be watching it if I had a freeview box (and I do want one)
You dont need one if you have a internet connection.,

To bad that challenge dont stream there channel online. Unlike so meany others.
I don't want to keep watching AVI files of it (which I currently do) I genuinely would rather just be able to have a regular night of the week when I know I could tune in and watch it on the good old tele at a set time.
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:15 am

A lot of them are online a few hours after being on TV
(Apart from Smackdown that tends to be online a few hours before)
You could always just watch them at a set time

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:16 pm

(DP meh)

I have just started to watch ROH and so far I am liking what im seeing

Next to no drama, just hot in the ring action with big(ish guys)

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:29 am

I've been wanting to get into stuff like dragon gate and ring of honor.