yes
47%
no
53%

Total votes: 149

DPrinny

Re: wrestling

Post by DPrinny » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:36 pm

I know, but I refuse to say I am looking forward to anything with Cena in. The whole idea of it is making Image

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:25 pm

I'm really disappointed that instead of putting John Morrison and Dolph Ziggler in a Cage match or something (which has the potential to be great with those two in), they're being put in a lame intergender comedy match with Snooki. Whoever came up with the idea for that and booked it should be flayed and they have salt poured into the wounds.

Other than that, looks like a good Wrestlemania. I'm really starting to believe that it could finally be the end of the Undertaker's streak this year.
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:32 pm

"RealKingRegal: Snooki looks just like Jimmy Krankie.Fandabbydoubledozzy.Not the quality of talent though."

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:25 am

Possibly the only really interesting thing all night

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:30 am

For anyone interested I help run a wrestling site/forum called http://www.wrestlingfirst.com and unlike most wrestling sites it has no pop-ups, no spyware, no annoying adverts and isn't infested with trolls who think they know better. Just a group of well informed people with some great industry insight. If you do sign up and have any problems registering then let me know on here as we have a really strict activation process to keep the spammers out.

TheBoingoBandit

Post by TheBoingoBandit » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:38 am

Imagine it.

You've waited all your life to go to see WrestleMania live, you've saved up all your spare cash over the past year and you've traipsed half way across the World...

...all to sit behind Jedward's dad!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shanesflyi ... 587722925/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shanesflyi ... 588314786/

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:05 am

wrestle mania 27 was awfull! the match of the night was mysterio Vs rhodes, they realy did put on a great show, everything else was way below par for ANY WWE PPV, let alone WRESTLEMANIA! the HHH Vs Taker match was a clusterfck Hunter clearly injured himself when the glass box they went through failed to break, leaving him unable to carry on as intended, this led to them limping into the finnish set up with no real reason why HHH was suddenly on top of taker!, it was a great start and a great end to what could have been takers and Hunters greatest match...sadly it fell apart in the middle!
and the main event? add an "I" in the following statment anywhere you see fit... PILE OF SHT!
the only way to save that was if the rock made himself part of the match and took the belt! it would have made more sense tbh!

And now we have ROCK Vs CENA already booked and announced as the headliner for WRESTLEMANIA 28 one word to describe that move...BALLSY!
its a year away, WWE knows more than anything that in anybody's world ANYTHING can happen in a year, but this is wrestling...not just that THIS IS THE WWE wrestlers have gone form being top of the card to jobbing at indy's in less than a year, wrestlers have gone from being top of the card to being let go for drug abuse in less than a year, and unforgetably a wrestler has gone from being world champion to murdering his wife and child and then killing himself in less than a year, vince, you wrote it, and you know better than ANYBODY that
Anything can happen in the WWE!
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:32 am

TNA TNA TNA! glad I don't watch WWE! sounds pretty cack. Must say I have been enjoying the last 3 impacts since that disaster Victory Road PPV. I am even warming to Mr Anderson now. Jeff Jarrett is becoming increasingly annoying with the awful Karen.

So Taker and HHH are not retiring yet then?
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:31 pm

The match that had the most potential for being really entertaining wasn't on.
Still Sin Carea (how ever its spelt) was on last night.

And tripped up on the top rope

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:00 pm

Despite tripping on the top rope I can see Sin Cera getting over easily.

I apid wrestlemania, I wasn't unhappy with it, it was better than all the recent PPV's I have seen and I really like how really Mysterio and Rhodes worked together. Taker/HHH was alright but I'm only going to remember it for Hunter doing a tombstone.

Miz/ena was a dull match and I'm going to blame Cena I don't know why but he looked like he clearly didn't care and he spent most of the match slumping around. On the other hand I'm happy because part of me feels that Miz got over despite not winning clean, he still kicked out of the second FU which was great. Anyway if Miz kept the belt for a few more months then I;d be happy because as a wroker I feel that he is really trying.

Del Rio and Edge by the way was just poor show, this last month has been terrible for Del Rio, despite winning the Royal Rumble the WWE has only gone and buried him on raw, smackdowna dn finally wrestlemania.

Also Snooki just had me in awe because I never saw that coming.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:03 pm

Del Rio is ment to be a bad guy, but he seems to be very unentertaining as one.

Gonna lunp him in the Shamus area of boring heels with little entertainment.

(For the record The Miz is one thats at least entertaining. Even sodding Cole is more entertaining than them two)

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:34 pm

I thought most the main Mania matches were decent, but you really expect better than decent on the "grandest stage of them all". The card was pretty meh in the first place so I can't say I was too disappointed. Once again they proceded to waste time on crap and had to bump the US Title match which might have been good. Taker vs HHH was the only memorable match, it should have gone on last I reckon.

I'll be amazed if Rock Cena goes ahead at WM28, I reckon they could just bring it forward if WWE runs out of patience, or Rock might pull out at some point. They also teased HHH having another go at Undertaker next year, I wouldn't be against that.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

TheBoingoBandit

Post by TheBoingoBandit » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:09 pm

I didn't watch WrestleMania as I longer have Sky, but I did see the end of the main event on YouTube. It certainly didn't feel like a wrestleMania ending. The end of the show's spotlight should be on the winner of the main event and not an old star who no longer wrestles and is about to sod off again (even if it is the Rock). Shows you WWE's lack of confidence in their latest stars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:25 pm

TheBoingoBandit wrote:I didn't watch WrestleMania as I longer have Sky, but I did see the end of the main event on YouTube. It certainly didn't feel like a wrestleMania ending. The end of the show's spotlight should be on the winner of the main event and not an old star who no longer wrestles and is about to sod off again (even if it is the Rock). Shows you WWE's lack of confidence in their latest stars.
I keep saying this to people

There are ways of watching/downloading it for free

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:58 pm

Wrestlemania 27 was crap, though I did like the HHH/Undertaker match. Not because it contained great wrestling but because it felt like the only match where the guys where trying to do something special, something out of the ordinary. Which is what Wrestlemania is all about. Everyone else mostly went through the motions.

The Daniel Bryan/Sheamus match was pulled and turned into a dark match :evil: :evil: And even worse, apparently it ended in a no contest when the lumberjacks invaded the ring and was turned into an impromptu Battle Royale. Which The Great Khali won. :evil: :evil:

The actual live event started off with the Rock talking. Entertaining for a couple of minutes but it went on. And on. And on. And on. When things did get going they started with....the World Heavyweight Championship match featuring the Royal Rumble Winner. Eh? WTF?!? But anyways....Edge and Del Rio put on a decent if unremarkable match, the ending with Edge and Christian smashing up Del Rio's car was just silly though, he just knelt there weeping while they did it, made him look like a whiny little b!tch rather than a decent heel.

Cody Rhodes vs Mysterio was OK, nothing special but entertaining....asides from the ref ignoring the knee brace right in the middle of the ring after Cody hit Mysterio with it :roll: Hopefully Cody Rhodes will get a decent push out of it but the crowd didn't seem to care much.

Next was the most pointless match of the night, a 8 man tag with Santino, Big Show, Kane and Kofi vs The Corre. Took them all longer to walk to the ring than the match lasted as it was over in about 90 seconds. :evil: All I remember is Santino being in it a bit and doing his Cobra, then Big Show winning with the Knockout Punch straight after. I think Kofi attacked someone on the outside whilst this was going on and Kane did sod all. Complete and utter sh!te. :evil: It was literally a squash match that made The Corre look like the weakest faction ever even though they currently hold the tag titles and Intercontinental Belt.

CM Punk vs Orton...again an OK but not special match. Good for Raw or Smackdown but very 'meh' for Wrestlemania and extremely predictable.

Lawler vs Cole was TERRIBLE. Hardly any action, the crowd actually started a 'Boring!' chant and when Lawler eventually won, the Raw Anonymous GM reversed the descision in Cole's favour anyway saying that Stone Cold had interfered too much (he hardly did anything up to that point) :evil: Then Stone Cold stunnered Booker T and Josh Matthews which was amusing but predictable as they had no reason to have gotten in the ring to begin with. The only good part of it was that during and after the match, Jim Ross replaced Cole on commentary for the rest of the night.

I won't go on about Undertaker vs Triple H as it was a clusterf*ck, exactly like mohicankid said and nowhere near as good as their Wrestlemania 17 match. But it felt special and you could feel the energy and drama they were trying to create so it was easily the best of a bad bunch for me.

The mixed tag match with Snooki was....again, 'meh'. She did surprise me by being able to do cartwheels though, so credit where it's due. John Morrison and Dolph Ziggler were pretty much an afterthought and had no reason to be there, they didn't do anything useful and weren't even tagged into the match if I remember rightly. It was over in less than 5 minutes anyway.

The 'main' event was just BS. :evil: :evil: The entrances for both Miz and Cena were way too long, with video montages of their whole careers playing before they entered. Predictably, Cena got to enter the ring second (I've never liked that, the CHAMPION should always enter last) and if him being 'Super' Cena wasn't bad enough, they're now trying to turn him into 'God' Cena with a bloody gospel choir singing and stuff. :evil: At any rate, it got zero crowd reaction and the crowd never really got into the match as they were just waiting for the Rock to come out. The match was lame, Cena seemed half asleep and there was at least one botch, maybe a couple. Eventually they ended up outside the ring and got counted out and the match declared a draw so Miz retained. Yes, they ended their main Wrestlemania event with a double count out...I know it was just storyline to get the Rock out but it was still a f*cking stupid idea and the crowd actually went silent. Then the Rock came out, restarted the match (which in itself was BS as he wouldn't have the authority to) then said it was going to be no DQ, no count out etc....'Now THIS is where it picks up!' I thought but no....literally a few seconds after restarting the match it was Rock Bottom time for Cena and then Miz pinned him. Just horrible. :evil: It felt like Miz wasn't really important in the match and they were just using it to promote a possible future match between Cena & The Rock (which has been confirmed for next year now).

And about that....way to go, announcing the match that everybody wanted to see for THIS year, NEXT year. :evil: That in itself felt like it was thrown together because WWE realised that Wresltemania 27 was crap and had to make sure that people would be buying tickets for the next one.

When it ended, me and my mate just sat there, stunned for a few minutes as we'd been really looking forward to it with The Rock, HHH, Undertaker and Stone Cold all being involved. Felt like we had just witnessed the death of the biggest wrestling event of the year. It was better than Victory Road 2011, but only just.
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!