yes
47%
no
53%

Total votes: 149

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:20 pm

:D not seen it! will look it up though!
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

nwosteve

Post by nwosteve » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:41 am

mohicankid wrote:
nwosteve wrote:Which companies have you worked for? And where do they tour? Any serious injuries? What about juicing, you do it? Would you? What's your opinion on wrestling today WWE, TNA, Indies? What about the UK promos?Just curious...
2nd vid is not up due to steve wrestling all week!

i work for orig williams and owen steadie in wales but have trained with all star wrestling...i work mainly rhyl and north wales with orig and the welsh HAVEN camps with owen
injuries i have a split knee cap, a chiped elbow (with moving bits) i have broken my nose 8 times in the ring, i ended up with a hairline fracture to my 3rd virtibrae in 2003 which left me tempareraly parilized, currently i have sprained my wrist and ankle...also stretched the tendons in the same ankle!
i don't juice...but i do bleed from time to time

wwe has been in a downward spiral for about 4 years now...it has gotten so bad i now refuse to watch it, tna just carried on where wcw left off....buying up talent the wwe has dumped and then trying to convince us they are a fresh company! i like indy shows as you get a fantastic mix of tallent old and new and the atmosphere is fantastic!
i spend my viewing time with old tapes from the 80's and 90's....although am watching a bit of jap wrestling at the mo'

uk promo's to look out for... all star wrestling..you will see a good mix of uk and us talent (rob' dynamite, deano, gangrell, joe legend....) and nwa uk are worth a watch...nwa wales are not bad but a little shitty at times

there you go :D
Thanks! Saw All Star Wrestling here in Lowestoft, had a drink with Joe Legend in the bar after we heckled him something chronic during has match. Class act. Unlike the Zebra Kid who is a plank, but is his his own fault. You know of him and what happened?
"You're all going to die." MK3 promo posters

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:55 am

If you ever want to come work in France, I can probably put you in touch with the head of NWA:France. :wink:
I often go to their shows, they're really good. They do some great stuff, which I thought was impossible in France. :wink:
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:27 am

thanks...i am about to embark on some seriouse training for the winter....kind of a sh!t or bust thing

i am hoping to gain 4 stone by april and improve my ability somewhat...if i can bring my game up to standerd i will take you up otherwise i probably won't bother anymore!

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:13 pm

mohicankid wrote:thanks...i am about to embark on some seriouse training for the winter....kind of a sh!t or bust thing

i am hoping to gain 4 stone by april and improve my ability somewhat...if i can bring my game up to standerd i will take you up otherwise i probably won't bother anymore!
I'm sure you will! :wink:
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

R. Prime

Post by R. Prime » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:34 am

I'm not into watching wrestling, but I have to admit I did watch it when I was a kid.

But to actually do it - man that's a wicked hobby.

Start off in wrestling, you could be president!

Like this! I can't get enough of this guy.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:58 am

I now know what style I'm going to use on my beard next.
Splink!

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:06 pm

haha jessie "the body" ventura...i loved this man when i was a kid, people say jr is the best coiour comentator in wrestling history...just watch this guy in wcw and wwf in the 80's/90's...he was fantastic....he acyualy started using the saying...this ain't balley...before jr! :D

he was actualy govenor whilst at wcw!

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:27 pm

Anybody ever see him wrestle?, he's one of the few big names I've never seen in the ring.
Splink!

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:12 pm

mohicankid wrote:haha jessie "the body" ventura...i loved this man when i was a kid, people say jr is the best coiour comentator in wrestling history...just watch this guy in wcw and wwf in the 80's/90's...he was fantastic....he acyualy started using the saying...this ain't balley...before jr! :D

he was actualy govenor whilst at wcw!
You still can't beat a good old bit of Gorilla Monsoon and Lord Alfred Hayes on commentary though, man, those guys took it so SERIOUSLY! :lol: :lol: I'm loving the WWE Vintage Collection series on Sky Sports at the moment.

I have seen a bit of Bushido....they used to show it on Live TV (anybody rember that?) but I believe it's as staged as pro wrestling. Still entertaining to watch though, and very technical. I remember some guy called Gary Albright storming his way to the championship briefly. He's dead now unfortunately, in-ring heart attack apparently :(
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:51 pm

Yes the bushido stuff is staged, Albright and Takada still came off as looking quite vicious though and Vader took part very briefly although I've not seen any of his stuff yet.
Splink!

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:32 pm

felgekarp wrote:Yes the bushido stuff is staged, Albright and Takada still came off as looking quite vicious though and Vader took part very briefly although I've not seen any of his stuff yet.
There were a few well known pro-wrestlers who appeared in Bushido, there was also the likes of Dan Severn and Bad News Brown too. Do they still do the Bushido events, or is it the older stuff you've been watching?

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:40 am

ToxieDogg wrote:
felgekarp wrote:Yes the bushido stuff is staged, Albright and Takada still came off as looking quite vicious though and Vader took part very briefly although I've not seen any of his stuff yet.
There were a few well known pro-wrestlers who appeared in Bushido, there was also the likes of Dan Severn and Bad News Brown too. Do they still do the Bushido events, or is it the older stuff you've been watching?
It's the older stuff I've been watching, I believe the UWFI as it was closed a while back, I'm not sure if there's a similar fed going. I've seen Bad News Brown in a few matches, although he wrestles as Bad News Allen and Dan Severn but he always seems to get his arse kicked :D
Splink!

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:48 pm

felgekarp wrote:Anybody ever see him wrestle?, he's one of the few big names I've never seen in the ring.
theres plenty on youtube!
cant link as im using the wii to browse!

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:28 pm

mohicankid wrote:
felgekarp wrote:Anybody ever see him wrestle?, he's one of the few big names I've never seen in the ring.
theres plenty on youtube!
cant link as im using the wii to browse!
You'd be surprised how often I use the Wii to post on here of a night when I'm sitting in front of the TV and can't be arsed to get up and use the PC. :lol:

Just been watching this year's WWE Unforgiven....WWE's creative team are certainly coming up with new and interesting ways to p!ss their viewers off.....I mean WTF was that ending to the main event all about? Made no sense at all to do what they did :evil: It's almost like they've got Vince Russo writing the scripts for them again :evil: