yes
47%
no
53%

Total votes: 149

Negative Creep

Re: wrestling

Post by Negative Creep » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:38 pm

STranger81 wrote:Less than 5 hours to go until the Hogan event at Sheffield.

Mega excited!!!!

How was it?

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:50 pm

Negative Creep wrote:

Mega excited!!!!

How was it?
Brilliant. A fair wait but worth it. Hogan was very welcoming and although your 1 to 1 time was quite brief, he seemed genuinely glad to meet everyone. Really pleased with my picture and autograph.

The others (Jimmy Hart, Bushwhacker Luke, Tugboat and Lanny Poffo) were great. They clearly were 4 friends enjoying a trip away together. Got a group picture with them and some trading cards signed. What I loved was they didn't rush you and I had a natter with each of them. Tugboat was telling the guy ahead of me the Shockmaster story, but he told with a level of interest as if it was the first time he'd ever spoke about it which was great from a fans point of view. Although during his tale Luke smiled at me and said to Jimmy Hart "Fred's telling the f***ing Shockmaster thing again"

The main thing in the evening was very good. A lot more production went into it than I expected. The whole night was a q&a which was good, but the amount of questions we've all seen him answer many times cropped up, but overall it was really enjoyable. Lanny Poffo joined him and they told some Macho Man stories, and he did a few of his Genius poems. Poffo is a fantastic speaker who is very genuinely proud of his brother.
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:03 pm

Despite having lost interest in wrestling years ago. I have to admit it sounded like a great time.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:40 pm

ISIS plan to blow up Survivor Series :shock:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fbi ... ta-n467586

don't watch much wrestling these days and certainly not pay per view, but would pay good money to see taker tombstone a terrorist!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:16 am

The Iron Sheik puts it best

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:11 pm

STranger81 wrote:
Negative Creep wrote:

Mega excited!!!!

How was it?
Brilliant. A fair wait but worth it. Hogan was very welcoming and although your 1 to 1 time was quite brief, he seemed genuinely glad to meet everyone. Really pleased with my picture and autograph.

The others (Jimmy Hart, Bushwhacker Luke, Tugboat and Lanny Poffo) were great. They clearly were 4 friends enjoying a trip away together. Got a group picture with them and some trading cards signed. What I loved was they didn't rush you and I had a natter with each of them. Tugboat was telling the guy ahead of me the Shockmaster story, but he told with a level of interest as if it was the first time he'd ever spoke about it which was great from a fans point of view. Although during his tale Luke smiled at me and said to Jimmy Hart "Fred's telling the f***ing Shockmaster thing again"

The main thing in the evening was very good. A lot more production went into it than I expected. The whole night was a q&a which was good, but the amount of questions we've all seen him answer many times cropped up, but overall it was really enjoyable. Lanny Poffo joined him and they told some Macho Man stories, and he did a few of his Genius poems. Poffo is a fantastic speaker who is very genuinely proud of his brother.

Glad you enjoyed it. Would have thought he'd be sick of talking about the Shockmaster by now, but then again he may be proud of taking part in one of the greatest promos ever (albeit not in the way it had been planned.) Hated The Genius when I was younger but now I can appreciate what a great character he was, and wish he'd had a longer main event

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:20 am

NEVER FORGET!!!!!!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:56 am

^Thats more entertaining than Survivors series was

Speaking of
What a croc of censored

Put two champions (Urgh Rio) in a championship torny so they dont have to defend, bung the tag ones in a ss match so they dont have to defend (the Usos get some title shots coming soon)
Now we have Shamus as champ, hes funny, but censored in the ring
censored it, Lucha Underground returns soon so we are guaranteed some good action until then
Wanna see a damn good PPV?
http://watchwrestling.to/.../watch-njpw ... ggle-2015/

YES its in Japanese, but YES its a lot better than what WWE are doing (Even NXT is going a bit cack, EVA FOR THE DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP? WHO THE censored BOOKED THAT? Shes more hated than Hogan was after the leek

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:41 am

DPrinny wrote:Even NXT is going a bit cack, EVA FOR THE DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP? WHO THE censored BOOKED THAT? Shes more hated than Hogan was after the leek

An incredibly over wrestler who's one of the most unlikely success stories in recent times verses someone drawing legitimate go home heat.

Surely they wouldn't, would they?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:38 am

They keep pushing her and nobody likes her, even some heels are likeable

Even as a heel shes no good
FORGETTING TO KICK OUT OF A PIN SHOULD NOT BE A THING!!
Put a belt on her to imadialty get rid of the awesomeness that has happened in the past year

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:50 am

Eva Marie is the very epitome of why WWE call their female performers 'Diva's' rather than 'wrestlers'. Why is Becky Lynch on the main roster? What are they doing with her if this Charlotte/Paige feud is going to continue? Stand at the back of the ring while the other two argue for another month? Surely she could be back on NXT actually doing stuff?

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:23 pm

She is definitely the epitome of the "looks before talent" mindset of the WWE, whereas Bailey is the antithesis (not that I'm saying she's unattractive, she just isn't "model" attractive)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:33 pm

Bailey is in the kinda attractive area, shes liked, has in ring skills is ok at promos

Eva is annoying to look at, crap on the mic, hated (That bit on NXT was funny)
Treguard wrote:Eva Marie is the very epitome of why WWE call their female performers 'Diva's' rather than 'wrestlers'. Why is Becky Lynch on the main roster? What are they doing with her if this Charlotte/Paige feud is going to continue? Stand at the back of the ring while the other two argue for another month? Surely she could be back on NXT actually doing stuff?
She got the belt off the Bellas, no idea where they are going with it
Becky is just there in the background

They are starting to drag the Divas matches out of the "Toilet break" area, lets hope they dont go back, after all we already have Rio/Shamus/Regins and the Usos to go to the toilet during

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:29 am

DPrinny wrote:^Thats more entertaining than Survivors series was

Speaking of
What a croc of censored

Put two champions (Urgh Rio) in a championship torny so they dont have to defend,
They were in the world title tournament having important competitive matches, if they were defending their titles instead they would be in inportant competitive matches, so what difference does it really make? And they should be in the tournament, if the US and Ic champs aren't among the top 16 world title contenders then something is wrong.
DPrinny wrote:Now we have Shamus as champ, hes funny, but censored in the ring
All the IWC smarks should be happy, "anyone but Reigns" they said, this is what you get, Sheamus is anyone but Reigns, be careful what you wish for.
Treguard wrote:Why is Becky Lynch on the main roster? What are they doing with her if this Charlotte/Paige feud is going to continue? Stand at the back of the ring while the other two argue for another month? Surely she could be back on NXT actually doing stuff?
Do you have to be in a title match or a feud to justify being on the main roster? What's wrong with being in the mix, jockying for position? She has a match with Sasha on Raw this week doing just that, the other girls have got to wrestle someone, the more variety the better.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:52 am

Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823