yes
47%
no
53%

Total votes: 149

felgekarp

Re: wrestling

Post by felgekarp » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:29 pm

Tornado was IC champ for a bit and I don't think you could tell he only had one foot from the way he moved around.
Splink!

David

Post by David » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:42 pm

if you watch his interviews you can tell how much drugs he is on though!!

in Bret harts book he said he was a nice guy but a nightmare to wrestle as he would just forget what he was doing.

Vince basically gave him chances out of respect cause he was a von erich

when I was in school it used to drive me mad when people claimed him and ultimate warrior were the same person.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:25 am

Shinobi wrote:Anybody remember Texas Tornado, Kato and Tar-Ga lord of the Volcano on WWE, and what there finishing moves and did they ever win? I know somebody who keeps saying there his favourite wrestlers but keeps asking what their finishing moves where, yes I know.. He asked my other friend who told him they never had finishing moves and if they did they never got to do them and that Texas Tornado could hardly walk as he had a false leg.. He posted on a wrestleview forum and they told him Tornado and Kato used to lose all the time and only beat the jobbers with roll ups and that even the women would pin them, supposedly Tar-ga was somebody called Arn Anderson wearing a mask.. My friend who's a wrestling fan showed me a video of Tar-Ga he's in a metal mask with glowing eyes(he looks awesome), his finishing move was like Haku's Tongan death grip but all fire came from his glove, he also fought Jerry Lawler, but can't find any mention of him on WWE.

The same person has also started watching old episodes of TNA and he said he likes the Johnsons and Samoa Joe, when I mentioned this to my friend he said does he just chooses the crappiest people and say they're good
Samoa Joe is not crappy. The Johnsons however, are from a dark time though (it's a slang term for a penis!!!! ROFLMAO!!!! VINCE RUSSO WRITING!!!! SPALDINGZZZ!!! LETS VACATE THE TITLES AGAIN FOR NO REASON). Vince Russo is an example of a man who had one good idea once and then people hired him to head up their creative team in the hope he'd have a good idea again. We're still waiting.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:15 am

Samoa Joe is defiantly not crap

His finisher is based on the Kinikuman buster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPjfvpmVQjQ

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:18 am

Treguard wrote:
Shinobi wrote:Anybody remember Texas Tornado, Kato and Tar-Ga lord of the Volcano on WWE, and what there finishing moves and did they ever win? I know somebody who keeps saying there his favourite wrestlers but keeps asking what their finishing moves where, yes I know.. He asked my other friend who told him they never had finishing moves and if they did they never got to do them and that Texas Tornado could hardly walk as he had a false leg.. He posted on a wrestleview forum and they told him Tornado and Kato used to lose all the time and only beat the jobbers with roll ups and that even the women would pin them, supposedly Tar-ga was somebody called Arn Anderson wearing a mask.. My friend who's a wrestling fan showed me a video of Tar-Ga he's in a metal mask with glowing eyes(he looks awesome), his finishing move was like Haku's Tongan death grip but all fire came from his glove, he also fought Jerry Lawler, but can't find any mention of him on WWE.

The same person has also started watching old episodes of TNA and he said he likes the Johnsons and Samoa Joe, when I mentioned this to my friend he said does he just chooses the crappiest people and say they're good
Samoa Joe is not crappy. The Johnsons however, are from a dark time though (it's a slang term for a penis!!!! ROFLMAO!!!! VINCE RUSSO WRITING!!!! SPALDINGZZZ!!! LETS VACATE THE TITLES AGAIN FOR NO REASON). Vince Russo is an example of a man who had one good idea once and then people hired him to head up their creative team in the hope he'd have a good idea again. We're still waiting.
I just looked up the Johnsons they look like a pair of Condoms and Mortar Crabtree reminds me of Brother Love for some reason.. I've never saw Samoa Joe when I asked my friend he said "He's a fat guy that can take bumps".. He told me Tar-Ga was from Memphis wrestling supposed to be a god in human form and was voiced by Arn Anderson..
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:44 pm

David wrote:if you watch his interviews you can tell how much drugs he is on though!!

in Bret harts book he said he was a nice guy but a nightmare to wrestle as he would just forget what he was doing.

Vince basically gave him chances out of respect cause he was a von erich

when I was in school it used to drive me mad when people claimed him and ultimate warrior were the same person.
Ted DiBiase also speaks highly of Kerry Von Erich in his book. Apparently he'd been done for drugs before, and he was now looking at a prison sentence due to being caught again, so he took his own life.

I didn't like his claw finisher, but the tornado punch looked good when done on someone who could sell it well.
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:57 am

bensonrad wrote:Didn't realise Hulk was coming to the UK, shame its so far from me. Pretty pricey though if you want an autograph and photo. He does these things at his shop sometimes in Tampa, I was lucky enough to get a photo and autograph with him at a TNA £30 fan meet when he toured with them in London.

He did these Audience with/Legends tours post WWE/Pre TNA, so must be wheeling out that cash cow again now he is unemployed by a wrestling company.

Hopefully if its a success he'll do some more around the country.
Hogans appearing the night before Sheffield in London:

http://www.simplyprestigeevents.co.uk/e ... -november/

The promoters of Sheffield are very naughty because they're still advertising it with Outback Jack, even though they emailed me a week ago saying he'd pulled out. Mind you, I get 11 quid back on what I paid.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:59 am

saw a bit the other day and Kane is playing two roles, corparate Kane and demon Kane? should have just kept him how he was originally, seems like they have wasted his role and now don't know what to do with him

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:08 am

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:saw a bit the other day and Kane is playing two roles, corparate Kane and demon Kane? should have just kept him how he was originally, seems like they have wasted his role and now don't know what to do with him
Welcome to WWE writing. Why bother with Face/Heel turns, when you can have one guy do both at the same time?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:58 am

Wow, what a load of smeg Hell in a cell was
Del Rio returns gets a title after being fired with a censored "Boot to the head", despite them having a roster of loyal stars that deserve gold, middle finger to all the roster
I gave him more chances than he deserved, hes crap
Dull as censored other matches
Main event was ok, ending was ?????????????????

It still bugs me that they no longer go outside the cell

Im glad i no longer have the WWE Network, as with s**t like this is not worth the 9.99 a month, even NXT has gone to s**t

Bloody TNA is more entertaining these days, at least they are mixing it up a bit with matches (even if Hardy winning a title only to give it up was a "WTF you doin" moment

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:58 am

DPrinny wrote:Wow, what a load of smeg Hell in a cell was
Del Rio returns gets a title after being fired with a censored "Boot to the head", despite them having a roster of loyal stars that deserve gold, middle finger to all the roster
I gave him more chances than he deserved, hes crap
Dull as censored other matches
Main event was ok, ending was ?????????????????

It still bugs me that they no longer go outside the cell

Im glad i no longer have the WWE Network, as with s**t like this is not worth the 9.99 a month, even NXT has gone to s**t

Bloody TNA is more entertaining these days, at least they are mixing it up a bit with matches (even if Hardy winning a title only to give it up was a "WTF you doin" moment
That was Alberto's 'We're sorry we fired you for reacting to someone racially abusing you' championship. Everyone gets one.

TNA is using up a bunch of matches they taped for shows they couldn't air due to the hoo-ha over Hernandez appearing on them when he was technically still under contract to Lucha Underground and having to disband the Beat Down Clan and then MVP getting fired. Theres a lot of people whinging about this on the wrestling group I'm a member of, which I don't get- they're complaining about a wrestling show having wrestling matches as it's focus rather than say, some soap opera shenanigans about whether or not a mid level executive has a multiple personality disorder? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:10 am

Yeah TNA is a bit all over the place storyline wise, but they are putting on good matches, thats whats important to me, I watch wrestling to be entertained, not to have a half an hour talk time from Ryback on what he last had to eat, let the likes of Jericho teach them how to be entertaining or make them watch endless Macho-man/Piper promos till they get the idea

Lets hope some feuds have ended, STOP PUTTING TEAM 3D AGAINST NEW DAY!
Its more returning stars getting endless title shots

The tag division was good for a few months now its going back in the gutter

Next up The Usos return and we end up with the same crap all over again

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:48 am

Thought Raw was really good.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:43 am

Actually, im starting to get sick of WWE

Del Rio comes back, gets one title and gets put in a no1 contender match

MEANWHILE He still has AAA gold
Reigns is No1 Contender (again)
Same people going for the same titles

HURRY BACK LUCHA UNDERGROUND!

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:38 pm

Another email from Sheffield, and now Dynamite Kid won't be attending, another 11 quid back.

I'm genuinely pleased because I was wishing you could pick individual wrestlers to meet and pay accordingly because I wasent too bothered about meeting Outback Jack, and I wasent fussed in the slightest about meeting Dynamite Kid, so I think it's a win win situation for me because the ones I really want to meet are the ones that are still left.