yes
47%
no
53%

Total votes: 149

David

Re: wrestling

Post by David » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:14 am

there was a big comic convention here the other week and I just found out Ted dibiase was there. gutted would have gone to see him.

my favourite wrestler, and I think million dollar man was the best gimmick ever. his old vignettes from wwf superstars are on YouTube, he was amazing at playing that character

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:28 am

David wrote:as good a wrestler as he was, Tommy billington was a horrible horrible man

read his book a few times and the way he gloats over his behaviour is horrible

a nasty little bully, Jacques Rougeau soon knocked some of it out of him though
Not read the book, but I've heard a lot of the stories, yeah not a nice guy by all accounts, of all the people for Benoit to idolise (in ring) as well.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

David

Post by David » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:32 am

Ive got the book in the house somewhere, pm me your address and I will send you it when I look it out

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:14 am

David wrote:Ive got the book in the house somewhere, pm me your address and I will send you it when I look it out
Nah it's alright mate, don't trouble yourself, I wasn't desperate to read it anyway, cheers for the offer though mate, very kind. :)
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:48 pm

From this thread I've seen several of you have met wrestlers at comic cons etc. and I was wondering if any of you could help.

When I go to Sheffield, it states I get a photo and autograph with those attending, and i was wondering if i take something for them to sign, or do they have pictures signed? I ask this because some videos I've seen have wrestlers at fan meet and greets literally signing pictures, almost in preparation.

I have trading cards and stuff I'd like signed, or do I have to have one of their "stock" pictures?

Cheers.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:56 pm

It depends, some charge to sign things this can be anything from a reasonable five pounds to an extortionate £50,
Its best to ask someone that looks like they are in charge first

Anyway heres a picture of my giving the Stunner to a raptor

Sneachta

Post by Sneachta » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:55 am

I have been a wrestling fan since I was 7. Back in late 2004-early 2005 when it was all about guys like Batista, Triple H, Randy Orton, JBL, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, etc. etc.

I fall in and out of love with it every once in a blue moon but have never switched off from it altogether like many do.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:43 pm

NXT Respect was as awesome as I'd hoped. Not normally a fan of iron man (or in this case, woman) matches but they really pulled it off. Surprised an established tag team didn't win the tournament though, or there was no turn/feud from it

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:52 pm

Negative Creep wrote:NXT Respect was as awesome as I'd hoped. Not normally a fan of iron man (or in this case, woman) matches but they really pulled it off. Surprised an established tag team didn't win the tournament though, or there was no turn/feud from it
Yeah lets give it to Joe and Finn, bit like a kick in the teeth for all those proper tag teams

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:01 am

DPrinny wrote:
Negative Creep wrote:NXT Respect was as awesome as I'd hoped. Not normally a fan of iron man (or in this case, woman) matches but they really pulled it off. Surprised an established tag team didn't win the tournament though, or there was no turn/feud from it
Yeah lets give it to Joe and Finn, bit like a kick in the teeth for all those proper tag teams

Although in fairness it was a tournament not a title. The tribute was quite touching so I can see why they'd want their two biggest faces there. Loved the spot where Sasha made that little girl cry - absolute nuclear heat :lol:

David

Post by David » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:38 pm

DPrinny wrote:It depends, some charge to sign things this can be anything from a reasonable five pounds to an extortionate £50,
Its best to ask someone that looks like they are in charge first

Anyway heres a picture of my giving the Stunner to a raptor
I always imagined you as a gothy type for some reason

to be honest you've bitterly disappointed me by not being.

poor show sir, poor show

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:48 pm

IVE EVOLVED PAST THE DARKNESS!!

Also
Blue Pants posted this picture
SHES DRIVING FALLOUT WRESTLING FANS CRAZY!!

there was a life sized Sin cara at Play expo

I mean it he was about 4ft short

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UodOrHuIY8w

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:53 pm

Anybody remember Texas Tornado, Kato and Tar-Ga lord of the Volcano on WWE, and what there finishing moves and did they ever win? I know somebody who keeps saying there his favourite wrestlers but keeps asking what their finishing moves where, yes I know.. He asked my other friend who told him they never had finishing moves and if they did they never got to do them and that Texas Tornado could hardly walk as he had a false leg.. He posted on a wrestleview forum and they told him Tornado and Kato used to lose all the time and only beat the jobbers with roll ups and that even the women would pin them, supposedly Tar-ga was somebody called Arn Anderson wearing a mask.. My friend who's a wrestling fan showed me a video of Tar-Ga he's in a metal mask with glowing eyes(he looks awesome), his finishing move was like Haku's Tongan death grip but all fire came from his glove, he also fought Jerry Lawler, but can't find any mention of him on WWE.

The same person has also started watching old episodes of TNA and he said he likes the Johnsons and Samoa Joe, when I mentioned this to my friend he said does he just chooses the crappiest people and say they're good
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

David

Post by David » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:56 pm

Texas tornado was Kerry von Erich, shot himself in the chest due to drug problems and stress of his other few brothers killig themselves

interestingly part of his foot was missing after a motorbike accident but he still wrestled with a modified boot

David

Post by David » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:07 pm

kato was in orient express

arn Anderson wrestled as super Olympia under a mask but that wasn't in wwf and was in the early 80s