Do you update your windows?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

wienerman

Post by wienerman » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:59 am

The Universal wrote:Update regulary, never seems a hassle to be honest, I love Vista, not very IT savvy, and find it the easiest of all OS to use.

I do however have one problem you guys may be able to help with, whilst emptying the recycle bin, being mugged by my 5 year old son and trying to hold a conversation with my wife last night, I deleted the recycle bin.
Managed to find it and create a short cut, but is there a way to create the icon on the desktop again without it being a shortcut? I know it sounds silly
right click desktop, click personalize, then on the left should be an option for desktop icons click that, and you can restore it from that screen.

Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:16 am

Yep, keep my auto updater on an do non essentials when i remember. only ones i don't do are hardware updates but if i see one available i go to manufactuers website an get it from there.

Really reluctant to upgrade from XP Home to vista tho. XP is such a stable OS and on current pc is whizzing along so don't really wanna start again with a more power hungry OS
Retrotechy.
Zapp Brannigan Quote - You remind me of a younger me Fry, Not much younger mind, Perhaps even a little older... Image

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:32 am

Same here. I'm not anti-XP or Micro$oft and all that mularky, XP to begin with was a 'mare but now i think its pretty good and does zip along.

Wont move to Vista until a service pack or two so its super stable and I upgrade to a more quicker PC

The Universal

Post by The Universal » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:48 am

wienerman wrote:
The Universal wrote:Update regulary, never seems a hassle to be honest, I love Vista, not very IT savvy, and find it the easiest of all OS to use.

I do however have one problem you guys may be able to help with, whilst emptying the recycle bin, being mugged by my 5 year old son and trying to hold a conversation with my wife last night, I deleted the recycle bin.
Managed to find it and create a short cut, but is there a way to create the icon on the desktop again without it being a shortcut? I know it sounds silly
right click desktop, click personalize, then on the left should be an option for desktop icons click that, and you can restore it from that screen.
Thank you very much, I will be more careful next time.
Just where is Mickey T?