My community

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:10 am

No it doesn't ;)

Your site needs more purpose than just a forum.

Weekend Gamer has a forum to promote discussion of the show or arising from it, as well as general chit chat.

The Retro Gaming League forum is there to support the ongoing competitions.

Yours is currently just a forum for no reason, being touted on a forum that has a very solid one. I'd also suggest that a fair few of us are quite familiar with one another. Sometimes too familiar.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

the_b1ues

Post by the_b1ues » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:27 am

whys that negative they only no each other at moment whille its small. there is a website going up but its not complete yet. and how you ment to do things just as competitions and thinks if no one will give you a chance and join it

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:45 am

the_b1ues wrote:whys that negative they only no each other at moment whille its small. there is a website going up but its not complete yet. and how you ment to do things just as competitions and thinks if no one will give you a chance and join it
Like someone else said on this thread, the way you are talking here doesnt exactly promote it well and instead it comes across as a young retro forum with bad spelling everywhere.

I'm not perfect with my english or punctuation etc but you want to learn to use capital letters and to spell.

eg no - know
ment - meant
at moment - at the moment.

Honestly not having a dig but if you want more people to join you should try and be a bit more professional about it, at the moment its coming across as a forum for chavs into retro. "i iz into stret figter" etc

Get your mates to join first to get a fair bit of posting going on and then their friends might join, their friends of friends may join and then you should have a fair few on your forum. Advertising it here on a forum we all like and have used for a long time wont convince us to change to another which so far is very quiet

If someone clicks on your link, sees there are 500 posts in a section of it might want to then contribute, when its just 1 or 2 replies and thats from the Admins then most people wont bother joining.

the_b1ues

Post by the_b1ues » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:48 am

Chav's into retro. Whats that surposed to mean? How does spelling mistakes make it look like a chav site.
Yeh because Chav means someone who cant spell doesnt it.

None of friends are into retro I just cant see what the big deal is about helping a new site get going. To be honest why would my mate want to talk on a forum when i could talk to them in person?

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:58 am

In life, making a good first impressing is vital - someone who can’t spell, uses poor grammar or uses txt / kids speak will not make a good impression on people of a certain age here.

I wouldn't bother to look at your site, based on how you have worded your messages on this thread - May be harsh, but that's the point i'm making.
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

the_b1ues

Post by the_b1ues » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:01 am

Im sorry im a bad speller I am getting better at it. Its bad habbits from all my texting but like I said it's improving.

Ive resently been throught all my post on my forum and corrected all the spelling. But i cant help what other people post.

I just wish a few people would take a chance and sign up see how it all turns out.

Graham Humphrey

Post by Graham Humphrey » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:50 am

Bub&Bob wrote:In life, making a good first impressing is vital - someone who can’t spell
That's impression :wink:

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:00 pm

Graham Humphrey wrote:
Bub&Bob wrote:In life, making a good first impressing is vital - someone who can’t spell
That's impression :wink:
Ha ha - and I put it through a spell checker :oops:
I suggest no one bothers to go to my retro games forum site then.......... :wink:
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

the_b1ues

Post by the_b1ues » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:26 pm

see we all make mistakes. Accept your forum already as more members and people have already been there. People should come take a look at mine.
Last edited by the_b1ues on Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:51 pm

Are you Harry Enfield's Stavros become flesh? I find if I read your posts with his voice they scan better.
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

the_b1ues

Post by the_b1ues » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:54 pm

That last post of mine was fine nothing wrong with the spelling atall

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:57 pm

If you say so... :shock:

the_b1ues

Post by the_b1ues » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:02 pm

What was wrong with this then. Please tell me i cant see anything wrong with it.

See we all make mistakes. Accept your forum already as more members and people have already been there. People should come take a look at mine.

What is wrong with that?

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:08 pm

Do you mean apart from it not making much sense?

the_b1ues

Post by the_b1ues » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:16 pm

There is nothing wrong with it. If you read the post before it make sense. He said no-one should go to his forum because he made a spelling. So i sent that back. What about it doesnt make sense. Do you need me to break it down for you?

"See we all make mistakes." This refers to his spelling mistake.

"Accept your forum already as more members and people have already been there." This refer to his forum having members and not having to worry about his spelling

"People should come take a look at mine." This part was me asking people to come have a look at my forum.

Do you understand that a bit more sorry it was to complicated for you.