Drugs - How many have you have experimented?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Have you ever done drugs?

Yes, just once and it was a great experience
13%
Yes, just once but it was a horrible experience
3%
Yes, and I do them often
26%
No, my drug of choice is life, and I'm not that stupid!
58%

Total votes: 38

pantal00ns

Post by pantal00ns » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:04 pm

bolda wrote: BTW, what is a 'rom'? :? :wink:
Real Onest Marijuana :shock:

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:59 pm

I learned the hard way not to mix drink and drugs. Self induced comas are not fun, especially for those around you who have to stop you choking to death on your own spit...
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:30 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:I learned the hard way not to mix drink and drugs. Self induced comas are not fun, especially for those around you who have to stop you choking to death on your own spit...
Ah, the perfect end to a perfect evening.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:34 pm

Katzkatz wrote: I have noticed that some trendy bars have started selling skunk vodka, and vodka with MJ in it. I do not know how they can do that, I have also seen it advertised. I think mushrooms are legal if they are dried (I think you have to soak them to use them).
Skunk Vodka? That's a new one on me. Mixing MJ and alcohol is a fast route to being very ill (whitey), esp with something as strong as vodka.

Unfortunately Mushrooms arn't legal anymore since they passed a new law back in 2005 which puts them in Class A classification (same as Heroin, Crack and LSD), which is crazy. They used to be legal only if they were freshly picked, but the minute they were dried or crushed they became illegal. Now the law says you can't even pick a mushroom from the ground! Who are they to say whether or not I can pick a mushroom from the ground. Still, they have a very hard time enforcing this law of course.

They don't need to be soaked, although you can make a tea out of them, many people add them to all kinds of food.

Shaun.Bebbington

Post by Shaun.Bebbington » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:28 pm

thenodfather wrote:Jesus, fair play to you Shaun. If I tried drinking more than a coulpe of shots it was feel like my innards are being disloved.
What was the band you were in, did ye release anything? Was it Heavy, Thrash, Death or what kind of Metal was it?

Good work on your myspace site too.
I would like to become a subscriber to your newsletter if I may?

Cheers Shaun.
Hi, I only joined the band because Mark said that it was a heavy metal band. Sort of like heavy and metal. The band are called juice On My Armchair (SOMA for short) and they still exist around Stoke-Upon-Trent I think.

I was on a Killing your management CD volume one, which was independantly released (proper pressed CD and not some lame CD-R or something). The critics called it "Euro-Metal", which I don't know what that means.

As for the newsletter, I wasn't aware that I was writing one... but anyways, you may add my MySpace thing if you like :-)

Regards,

Shaun.
"It is far easier to apologise afterwards than to obtain permission." - Felix Dennis

Shaun.Bebbington

Post by Shaun.Bebbington » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:30 pm

I find this answer misleading...
Yes, just once but it was a horrible experience
I had some bad nights, some good nights, some great nights and some bad pints too. But the bad pints were washed down with good ones, and regardless of the bad times, alcohol always made it better. Mostly.

Regards,

Shaun.
"It is far easier to apologise afterwards than to obtain permission." - Felix Dennis

TheDude18

Post by TheDude18 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:11 pm

Good topic very intresting.

I dont do any drugs bar alcohol due to the fact I'm welsh.trying to find a tee total welshman is like trying to find osama bed linen. Been offered various drugs(normaly at gigs) never buckled to pier pressure.

I look at drugs like I look at religion. If you do want to do it fine. If you dont it's also fine but dont push your points/drug on to me as a punch to the face often offends. Couldnt agree more on the roms = ok, drugs = bad point. Illegal is Illegal and thats it. Dont get on your soap box if you think downloading roms is ok but doing drugs is bad and you must burn in hell.

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:38 pm

djcarlos wrote:
pottyboy wrote:Alcohol and caffeine... that's my lot. Only idiots take cannabis, ecstasy etc...
That's a rounded, structured argument.
:lol: :lol: :lol: LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol:
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

stvd

Post by stvd » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:00 pm

This is kind of weird. 17 people in the poll have said 'never'!

I couldn't name 17 people that I know that haven't taken something.

I've taken almost everything regularly between the ages of 17 and 30.
I reduced my intake when my son was born and then stopped instantly when I got a new job that required me to take regular drug & alcohol tests.
No mood swings, nothing. Just stopped. That was 8 years ago.

And to some of the other ignorant posters, that does not make me an idiot!

MC1

Post by MC1 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:03 pm

I know loads of people who have never taken drugs, I suppose it depends what circles you move in.

TMR

Post by TMR » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:05 pm

i didn't actually vote; i didn't like the text in the "no" option but couldn't say "yes" either.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:05 pm

TMR wrote:i didn't actually vote; i didn't like the text in the "no" option but couldn't say "yes" either.
me too

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:06 pm

MC1 wrote:I know loads of people who have never taken drugs, I suppose it depends what circles you move in.
Yeah , until I saw the film , I'd no idea drug taking was so prevalent among trainspotters...
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

MC1

Post by MC1 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:07 pm

:lol:

stvd

Post by stvd » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:47 pm

MC1 wrote:I know loads of people who have never taken drugs, I suppose it depends what circles you move in.
That's what you think! :wink: