Drugs - How many have you have experimented?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Have you ever done drugs?

Yes, just once and it was a great experience
13%
Yes, just once but it was a horrible experience
3%
Yes, and I do them often
26%
No, my drug of choice is life, and I'm not that stupid!
58%

Total votes: 38

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:10 pm

SirClive wrote:
JetSetWilly wrote:people laugh at me when im p!ssed anyway, talking to traffic lights and humping lamp posts
:shock:
long story, dude. long story.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:47 pm

Alcohol mainly. I do not smoke, as my mother did when she was younger, and I never liked the fag ash smell, smells, like a bonfire, only worse!! I suppose I can understand it with cigar and pipes, as the smell is more pleasant. Now that I am working, I can see that people use them as a sort of stress relief, sort of like a tea break, I could not understand that when I was younger. I do not agree fully with the smoke ban, pubs and places, should have a separate room for smokers.

I have never tried any drugs ( apart from the legal medical ones, more on that later). I have been offered weed, but never accepted. I suppose I am scared of what it might do to me. I think it is good for people with MS to use it (for pain relief). I do not know if it would be a good idea to legalise it (but people can get so easily these days, people even manage to take it back from Holland, as well as the home grown stuff). I suppose unlike alcohol I have never seen anyone violent on it.

The only time I had a trip off sorts was when I was on strong painkillers for a bad back. I saw flies coming out of the walls, trees coming out of the walls. It was weird, but oddly I was not scared by it. One time I did mix it with alcohol, and that was a mistake as the next day I woke up on railway bench. After leaving a party ! I had sick down me, and I probably looked like a tramp!

Does anyone remember something called buzz gum. I think Boots used to sell it. It was like a chewing gum which was meant to provide a natural high. I have been offered that as well.

I have noticed that some trendy bars have started selling skunk vodka, and vodka with MJ in it. I do not know how they can do that, I have also seen it advertised. I think mushrooms are legal if they are dried (I think you have to soak them to use them).

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:18 am

pottyboy wrote:Alcohol and caffeine... that's my lot. Only idiots take cannabis, ecstasy etc...
I must have been a f*cking idiot then. Thanks for letting me know....
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:32 am

Cant believe Pottyboys comments.

Looks like hes believed every media story there is about how bad 'drugs' are. Makes me laugh again when someones fine with alcohol but thinks someone else is an idiot for smoking a joint.

Look at how much alcohol related violence there is, how many people die of alcohol poisoning etc, hes fine with that then !!

I dont mind anyone having the odd joint, its the people who cant handle alcohol and turn into some mental nutter after a few alcopops who are the real idiots.

But to say people are idiots for taking some joints but find its totally acceptable to drink is very hypocritical.

bolda

Post by bolda » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:28 am

Never touched any of this stuff... apart from the occasional booze (maybe one bottle of wine with the missus every week or two) I smoked about a dozen cigarettes (just tobacco, nowt else) during my first year at uni but they did nothing for me so I knocked it on the head early doors.

It's a difficult argument to take sides on.. I agree that people shouldn't make sweeping statements about issues or folk they don't know all the facts about... then again, does anyone know ALL the facts about the impact of drugs on society? I agree with the comments about alcohol being a social nuisance - you don't need to watch "Street Wars" to see this, just take a drive through practically any town/city centre on a weekend evening. However, programmes like "Street Wars" don't tend to focus on drug-related crimes (by drugs, I mean illegal drugs), the kind of stuff that happens away from the CCTV cameras, burglaries, muggings, credit card fraud, pick-pocketing, etc. to feed a drug habit.

At the end of the day, my view is that people should obey the law of the land and if buying/selling/possessing/taking drugs is illegal, then they shouldn't be doing it. Whether these laws should be changed for the greater good is another topic, but the fact is they are laws and nobody has the right to break them just because they don't like them.
GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!
ImageImageImage

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:38 am

bolda wrote:Never touched At the end of the day, my view is that people should obey the law of the land and if buying/selling/possessing/taking drugs is illegal, then they shouldn't be doing it. Whether these laws should be changed for the greater good is another topic, but the fact is they are laws and nobody has the right to break them just because they don't like them.
Its a fair point - as long as people who believe in that do not have 1 game rom on their PC, never go 31 MPH on a 30 road etc.....
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

yethboth

Post by yethboth » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:22 am

I've never taken illegal drugs in my life, I'm not that stupid!
My You Tube Channel is: http://www.youtube.com/user/yethboth

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:31 am

pottyboy wrote:Alcohol and caffeine... that's my lot. Only idiots take cannabis, ecstasy etc...
yethboth wrote:I've never taken illegal drugs in my life, I'm not that stupid!
So that now makes me a stupid idiot.......
Last edited by Bub&Bob on Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:32 am

bolda wrote:At the end of the day, my view is that people should obey the law of the land and if buying/selling/possessing/taking drugs is illegal, then they shouldn't be doing it. Whether these laws should be changed for the greater good is another topic, but the fact is they are laws and nobody has the right to break them just because they don't like them.
Oh come on so you've never done anything illegal ? If the government say you have to hop to work you would do ?

Obviously that last one was stupid but some people here seem to believe everything, eg drugs are bad, take them and you could die or go to a life of crime but alcohol (another drug) is okay in 'moderation' ??

Alcohol causes a ton of problems in the UK from addicts, to chavs getting drunk and causing damage to a ton of money in a healthcare due to people with liver disease and other problems associated with drinking.

Drinking causes far more problems than drugs and costs the taxpayer much much more.

I dont think any of us here are injecting or addicted to staying in doors smoking 20 joints a day. A few of us might enjoy the odd joint, nothing major. Many of us take alcohol and also smoke but that seems 'acceptable' ?

Like Bub&Bob says if people want to be 'great citizens' and not take anything illegal and follow the law then do they never go over 30mph in a 30 zone ? Never have any illegal roms/games on their PC etc ? Come on

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:33 am

Yep so why am i stupid ? So youre not stupid for taking alcohol/caffeine/cigarettes but others are for having the odd joint ?

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:25 am

psj3809 wrote:
Yep so why am i stupid ? So youre not stupid for taking alcohol/caffeine/cigarettes but others are for having the odd joint ?
I want your top 25 reasons why im stupid...............

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:03 am

Bub&Bob wrote:
So that now makes me a stupid idiot.......
Looks like the evidence is stacking up mate.

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:12 am

I've experimented with drugs quite a bit in the past - however I don't and will never resort to any of the hard stuff (heroin, cocaine, ecstacy etc.) but I'm quite happy to experiment with cannabis, which I have done quite a bit in the past.
Saying all that, I've not smoked anything (cannabis, cigarettes, cigars etc.) for a few years now - I think I've shown quite some restraint in that matter.

However, I constantly experiment with alcohol on a regular basis. I tend to drink from the top shelf (in other words, I'm a spirits man) and I like to get well and truly trolleyed :P

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:17 am

woody.cool wrote:However, I constantly experiment with alcohol on a regular basis. I tend to drink from the top shelf (in other words, I'm a spirits man) and I like to get well and truly trolleyed :P
I used to drink only spirits, bit annoying though waiting for rounds ! Always drink cider now (hey i'm southern !), just dont get as trollied as i did in the 90's, hate the hangovers now but on the other hand getting drunk is so much cheaper !

bolda

Post by bolda » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:00 pm

psj3809 wrote:Oh come on so you've never done anything illegal ? If the government say you have to hop to work you would do ?

Obviously that last one was stupid but some people here seem to believe everything, eg drugs are bad, take them and you could die or go to a life of crime but alcohol (another drug) is okay in 'moderation' ??

Alcohol causes a ton of problems in the UK from addicts, to chavs getting drunk and causing damage to a ton of money in a healthcare due to people with liver disease and other problems associated with drinking.

Drinking causes far more problems than drugs and costs the taxpayer much much more.

I dont think any of us here are injecting or addicted to staying in doors smoking 20 joints a day. A few of us might enjoy the odd joint, nothing major. Many of us take alcohol and also smoke but that seems 'acceptable' ?

Like Bub&Bob says if people want to be 'great citizens' and not take anything illegal and follow the law then do they never go over 30mph in a 30 zone ? Never have any illegal roms/games on their PC etc ? Come on
Ok, granted, the final paragraph of my previous post was far too black & white for the real world... I must have been high when I wrote it! :twisted:

I suppose as long as someone knows all the risks (physical and legal) in taking illegal drugs, then at least they can make an informed choice and accept whatever the consequences may be. One thing I do know is that if I took illegal drugs and the people who are dearest to me found out, they would be devastated, and for that reason... I'm out!

BTW, what is a 'rom'? :? :wink:
GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!
ImageImageImage