Drugs - How many have you have experimented?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Have you ever done drugs?

Yes, just once and it was a great experience
13%
Yes, just once but it was a horrible experience
3%
Yes, and I do them often
26%
No, my drug of choice is life, and I'm not that stupid!
58%

Total votes: 38

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:17 pm

mohicankid wrote:i don't do none perscription drugs...never have! but its simply due to personal choice i do not belive in preaching to people about my way of thinking and do not see how others can justify telling me how to live MY life! i believe that people should be free to live life however they chose to so long as they are not affecting others!
why spend youre life condeming the actions of others when you have a whole life of youre own to worry about!
That's a really great attitude to take. A lot of people who don't take drugs or never have are usually very closed minded. Obviously you're not.

Personally the type that annoy me most are the type to condemn all drug users and then go and get sh1tfaced on booze at the weekend.

Alcohol is a harsh and cold drug if abused IMO, and if it was invented today then it would most certainly be a banned substance.

EvilArmourKing

Re: Drugs - How many have you have experimented?

Post by EvilArmourKing » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:21 pm

SirClive wrote:
EvilArmourKing wrote: Nowadays, I occassionally do a little Mandy and Vitamin E. Not that often, but just when I'm in the right frame of mind.
Whats Mandy?
Slang for MDMA
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:24 pm

mohicankid wrote:i don't do none perscription drugs...never have! but its simply due to personal choice i do not belive in preaching to people about my way of thinking and do not see how others can justify telling me how to live MY life! i believe that people should be free to live life however they chose to so long as they are not affecting others!
why spend youre life condeming the actions of others when you have a whole life of youre own to worry about!
Ooh, do you see marcopoloman!

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:24 pm

I have an unfortunate arthritis called Ankylosing Spondylitis which means I'm on pills for the rest of my life as pain management (in particular Diclofenac Sodium), if I don't take them I am in a lot of pain for most of the day and couldn't work full-time so I guess I'm addicted. Apparently people who don't need them get addicted to these although I strugglle to see how they would get a high (think Chandler from friends was one)

Before anyone suggests other remedies for my condition, my wife is a senior physiotherapist and lecturer at Hallam University and occassionally does accupuncture on me, but the otrher new age stuff does absolutely f*** all.

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:26 pm

I have in the past tried Weed mostly it was a couple of time in my late teen and early twenties - just made me more chilled. Also, got caught my first time smoking a small amount in a local public area in the town centre, this was when I was 18/19 and I was with a few friends, it was broad day light we didn't seem to care and didn't try to hide it. So, an undercover police bod approaches us, and someone passes me the little bag and we got bundled off into the little police van off to the station for a caution :oops: and ticking off.

It was me that said I'd take the brunt of it I was older than everyone by a year or so. Am not sure, if a caution is down on record, but I was young and dumb. I thought that would put me off, but it didn't my life at the time didn't seem to have a direction and nothing seemed to bother me. I have told my parents many years later and I did try it again in different circumstances more socially, but I think it was 8 years since I have smoked it.

Also when I was 22, tried 'Poppers' in a night club with my mates - gives you a blood rush and feel a bit dizzy - didn't feel guilty as you can buy it from behind the bar for £5. On a different note, have seen and heard a couple of mates do Coke and I have stepped back and thought it wasn't for me and am glad that I could refuse. I have fell out with a friend in the past who was always on the booze and drugs - just wrecked a good friendship. I like a drink with good friends and I'd never drink alone, I think you feel even more lonelier. Well confession over with :oops:. When I think back, all this kind of stuff happened when I was younger and I don't think I'd try anything more now, just like having a drink.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:33 pm

sscott wrote:I have an unfortunate arthritis called Ankylosing Spondylitis which means I'm on pills for the rest of my life as pain management (in particular Diclofenac Sodium), if I don't take them I am in a lot of pain for most of the day and couldn't work full-time so I guess I'm addicted. Apparently people who don't need them get addicted to these although I strugglle to see how they would get a high (think Chandler from friends was one)

Before anyone suggests other remedies for my condition, my wife is a senior physiotherapist and lecturer at Hallam University and occassionally does accupuncture on me, but the otrher new age stuff does absolutely f*** all.
I know of someone who had a similar condition and was sick and tired of having to take pills that didn't fully alleviate the pain. There's a natural alternative and legal herb called Kratom which really helped ease the pain but you'd have to take it every day the same as your pills so in that regard it won't make much difference.

Cannabis is often used too for arthritic conditions by many patients.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:38 pm

Remember some of my mates starting off on drugs and by the end of the 3rd year they were so f*****g boring, never smoked weed but eaten plenty in cakes/stew whatever and used to laugh like a little girl :oops:

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:55 pm

sscott wrote:Remember some of my mates starting off on drugs and by the end of the 3rd year they were so f*****g boring, never smoked weed but eaten plenty in cakes/stew whatever and used to laugh like a little girl :oops:
Space Cake as my mates called it, doesn't even taste all that good either.

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:02 pm

Even Pacman pops pills :o

No, seriously, I only do E's now and then. Certain big night events, usually at Warehouse Project, Sankeys or Creamfields.

The majority of the time, it just keeps me all relaxed, happy, and in a totally loved up mood.

That's what I hate about alcohol.

Not sure if I have my figures correct, but read a report recently about 80% of weekend A+E patients being treated for alcohol related injuries (caused by accidents + fights).

You can get a snapshot of how badly alcohol affects people just by watching a number of "reality" shows, such as street wars.

I mean, I enjoy a drink as much as the next guy, but can't stand hang overs. Would rather have a come down any day of the week.

Crunchy

Post by Crunchy » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:04 pm

C=Style wrote:No, it's a bit more than that for me, it puts me closer to nature and God, lets me see things the way they are without the clutter of modern day living (mass consumerism, materialism etc) getting in the way. For me it's like a massively deep meditation session which opens my soul and mind up. Kinda shows me what the important things are in life, love, friendship, brotherhood etc.

I also think the shrooms are there for a reason, it's like a guide and teacher for humankind IMO.

I know how corny all that sounds haha, can't help it though! :P
Are you Neil out of The Young Ones?

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:30 pm

Can I ask those that have taken drugs, what prompted them to do so in the first place? Was it peer pressure, pressures from other things like work etc.
Splink!

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:41 pm

felgekarp wrote:Can I ask those that have taken drugs, what prompted them to do so in the first place? Was it peer pressure, pressures from other things like work etc.
what dose it matter

most things are done through peer pressure! the films we watch,the food we eat, the cloth's we wear...even the games we play...we look around see what others are doing,if it takes our fancy we give it a go then decide for ourselves!

me...i'm an indevidual, just like everybody else!
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:42 pm

mohicankid wrote:
felgekarp wrote:Can I ask those that have taken drugs, what prompted them to do so in the first place? Was it peer pressure, pressures from other things like work etc.
what dose it matter

most things are done through peer pressure! the films we watch,the food we eat, the cloth's we wear...even the games we play...we look around see what others are doing,if it takes our fancy we give it a go then decide for ourselves!

me...i'm an indevidual, just like everybody else!
I was just interested, that's all.
Splink!

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:46 pm

hehe sorry ive been up a while and am feeling all self rightouse

i suppose it was a bit of a snappy reply
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

Technomancer

Post by Technomancer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:48 pm

Just coffee and alcohol for me thanks. And a bit of paracetamol sometimes.