Drugs - How many have you have experimented?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Have you ever done drugs?

Yes, just once and it was a great experience
13%
Yes, just once but it was a horrible experience
3%
Yes, and I do them often
26%
No, my drug of choice is life, and I'm not that stupid!
58%

Total votes: 38

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:09 pm

SirClive wrote:er, yes. I wouldn't touch anything other than Alcohol nowadays.
Alcohol is scientifically classed as a drug, as are cigarettes.
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

Technomancer

Post by Technomancer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:26 pm

Nope. Never done drugs, and never will. The strongest substance I get is alcohol.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:31 pm

EvilArmourKing wrote:
SirClive wrote:er, yes. I wouldn't touch anything other than Alcohol nowadays.
Alcohol is scientifically classed as a drug, as are cigarettes.
Thats why I said other than. I do do alcohol and caffeine. Oh and paracetamol.

Technomancer

Post by Technomancer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:32 pm

I didn't know alcohol and coffee were drugs. O_O

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:51 pm

I turn 40 in June this year. I'm part of the generation that ushered-in Es. I remember they were £20 each and in very big demand. I also remember when Coke was the posh people's drug of choice. Changed days now where drugs cost less than alcohol. It's now cheaper to get smashed in the house on pills and go out for last orders, than to spend a legitimate night out like 'proper thinking' folks. I've taken a whole sh1tload of substances since I was a young man, but always the recreational stuff (blow, Es, speed, coke) never the nasty censored. I was the ultimate party animal for ages. The whole nine yards from ACID!!! to Ibiza chill out.

Nowadays, I don't smoke, drink, nor take any illegal substances. All my cash and more importantly, spare time, goes on my young family. I'm relatively well-off, well-educated and settled. I have my retro gaming pastime for the bad-weather days and my mountain bike racing for the dry days. I don't think much about the days of my youth and young adulthood, because they're pretty much behind me. A closed section of my life that was an interesting and utterly fascinating, experimental time. Like a lot of people I have various regrets about a lot of things, but never about things I didn't do.

There's one thing that really bugs me, though and that's holier-than-thou, self-righteous idiots that sit in judgement of others, yet have no experience themselves to compare with. They're not qualified to comment.
Thoughts and prayers.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:55 pm

Well done for putting it in the past although your last line lacks a little logic. Can I not condemn murder unless I have murdered someone myself etc...?

will2097

Post by will2097 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:13 pm

I remember the guys at college, sometime in the late 80s, started smoking dope. The one chap that sticks in my head, and is my cautionary tale to myself, turned from a pretty sharp guy into a, well, dope. I figured that could be me. I've been hooked on everything else from cigarettes, drink, women, fruit machines, gambling, I always thought it probably best to steer away from drugs. ;)

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:27 pm

Nice thread. I was gonna start one myself but wasn't sure it was appropriate.

I have dabbled a lot over the years and battled with addiction too.

Main drugs I used to take:

Speed, MDMA (ecstasy), Ganja, LSD, Shrooms, Opium Poppies.

Don't really take too many drugs these days certainly not the hardcore ones. That sort of thing is behind me now. However Shrooms are a way of life for me, I always trip at least once a year without fail, I love LSD too.

Without them I wouldn't be the person I am today, I owe so, so much to them. Shrooms in particular showed me a LOT of home truths, answered a lot of questions and where I was going wrong in my life, cured my depression and have helped me spiritually no end. I look at them as a teacher really, they've really opened my mind and eyes to the World and life.

I don't drink, really don't like it. Total poison.

EDIT: Everyone's gonna hate me now and think I'm a right druggy. :x

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:32 pm

C=Style wrote:I owe so, so much to them. Shrooms in particular showed me a LOT of home truths, answered a lot of questions and where I was going wrong in my life
Not sure I understand what you are getting at there. How does hallucinating help you answer questions?

I have only really bothered with acid and all that did for me was give me a buzz for the night (like being drunk without the bloated feeling) and a few paranoid moments.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:41 pm

No, it's a bit more than that for me, it puts me closer to nature and God, lets me see things the way they are without the clutter of modern day living (mass consumerism, materialism etc) getting in the way. For me it's like a massively deep meditation session which opens my soul and mind up. Kinda shows me what the important things are in life, love, friendship, brotherhood etc.

I also think the shrooms are there for a reason, it's like a guide and teacher for humankind IMO.

I know how corny all that sounds haha, can't help it though! :P

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:45 pm

Nah, sounds like you are trying to justify or legitimise it. I did it for a buzz, nothing more and nothing less.

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:51 pm

sscott wrote:Well done for putting it in the past although your last line lacks a little logic. Can I not condemn murder unless I have murdered someone myself etc...?
don't knock it till you try it
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

SirClive

Re: Drugs - How many have you have experimented?

Post by SirClive » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:52 pm

EvilArmourKing wrote: Nowadays, I occassionally do a little Mandy and Vitamin E. Not that often, but just when I'm in the right frame of mind.
Whats Mandy?

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:58 pm

SirClive wrote:Nah, sounds like you are trying to justify or legitimise it. I did it for a buzz, nothing more and nothing less.
I'm not trying to justify it as I'm perfectly comfortable taking them, I couldn't care less if the Government wants to make them illegal, there's good reason why they are made illegal as they like to keep people stupid, they don't want people to wake up out of the consumerist brainwashed state and see things for how there are. Alcohol however fits their agenda just lovely (another drug) yet legal, funny how it kills more people and ruins more lives than most "hardcore" drugs put together though.

I don't take them straight for the buzz, I don't abuse them, and if you do you will get your arse kicked as they arn't that kind of drug. I use them for spiritual reasons. It gives my soul a nice polish when I take them.

edit:
Mandy is MDMA, usually crystals, it's the pure form of Ecstasy.

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:01 pm

i don't do none perscription drugs...never have! but its simply due to personal choice i do not belive in preaching to people about my way of thinking and do not see how others can justify telling me how to live MY life! i believe that people should be free to live life however they chose to so long as they are not affecting others!
why spend youre life condeming the actions of others when you have a whole life of youre own to worry about!
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...