I've crashed my car!

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

TheDude18

I've crashed my car!

Post by TheDude18 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:28 am

On my way to work today my megane coupe lost grip on a sharp bend. The road itself has little grip due to the lorries of mud which drive on it everyday. I tried to countersteer the car but it oversteered with me trying to correct it :oops: and ended up in a ditch via some trees.

My first ever crash! 13 bloody years! I'd always wanted a coupe as I thought they were smart looking and cheap...ish. Now i've wraped it round a tree. I was very lucky to walk away though with the bumps/scraches so I will count my blessings. Ill need some new pants though.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:59 am

I've had a few crashes, all my fault, but apart from car damage, everyone involved walked away, well one guy got carted off on a stretcher but he walked again after a few months. Can you claim on the insurance for the pants?
Splink!

FatTrucker

Re: I've crashed my car!

Post by FatTrucker » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:12 am

TheDude18 wrote: due to the lorries of mud
Those are the worst kind of lorries. Not only do they make a mess of the road but they dissolve completely if you take them out in bad weather. :twisted:

Glad you're ok though mate, perhaps a motor with a little less low end torque next time though. Either that or play lots of Forza with the braking lines turned off. :wink:
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

TMR

Post by TMR » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:20 am

TheDude18 wrote:On my way to work today my megane coupe lost grip on a sharp bend. The road itself has little grip due to the lorries of mud which drive on it everyday. I tried to countersteer the car but it oversteered with me trying to correct it :oops: and ended up in a ditch via some trees.
Did it reappear on the road, flashing a bit and being able to drive through other cars for a second...?

(Yeah, terrible joke... have you had yourself checked out to make sure you're okay?)

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:35 pm

TheDude18 wrote:On my way to work today my megane coupe lost grip on a sharp bend. The road itself has little grip due to the lorries of mud which drive on it everyday. I tried to countersteer the car but it oversteered with me trying to correct it :oops: and ended up in a ditch via some trees.

My first ever crash! 13 bloody years! I'd always wanted a coupe as I thought they were smart looking and cheap...ish. Now i've wraped it round a tree. I was very lucky to walk away though with the bumps/scraches so I will count my blessings. Ill need some new pants though.
Thats what happens if you go to fast round bends..
Tough!!

Knight Lore

Post by Knight Lore » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:33 pm

Has anyone bothered to question why lorries should be transporting mud ?

Is mud valuable ?

Is mud some new age commodity that is exchangeable for welsh love-spoons or cheese ?

Shall I call Mudler & Scully ?

TheDude18

Post by TheDude18 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:52 pm

Thanks for your replies. Got checked out, ok bar my nose is a bit wonky(mind you my nose is kaput anyway due to rugby players trying to punch it)

The lorries are -

1)Not made of mud :wink:
2) Constantly moving mud due to a new racecorse(bang goes gamblers anonymous) being built and end up caking the road with said mud.

Mud is -

1)Not valuable :wink:
2)Not a welsh comodity(Sheep,leeks,love spoons are)

I wasnt speeding though. I'm slow and steady. 5 cars have crashed on this stretch in the last 2 months (1 was a cop car)

The Master

Post by The Master » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:57 pm

I flipped an Austin Montego over 360 degrees TWICE doing only about 35mph many, many moons ago... that was in Wales and partly due to mud too.

I SENSE A CONSPIRACY.

TheDude18

Post by TheDude18 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:11 pm

The Master wrote:I flipped an Austin Montego over 360 degrees TWICE doing only about 35mph many, many moons ago... that was in Wales and partly due to mud too.

I SENSE A CONSPIRACY.
So that was you! :wink:

were you ok?

The Master

Post by The Master » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:57 pm

I was fine, to the amazement of the rural copper who kept going on about how he would be expecting to "pull a corpse outa wreck like her look boy", rather than a slightly rattled but entirely intact disillusioned British car buyer...

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:13 pm

Maybe put in bit more practice on Hard Drivin'? :wink:

Seriously , as long as everyone walks away ok , that's the main thing
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

andy vaisey

Post by andy vaisey » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:05 pm

The Master wrote:I flipped an Austin Montego over 360 degrees TWICE doing only about 35mph many, many moons ago... that was in Wales and partly due to mud too.
Continuing the theme, a friend of mine rolled his Vauxhall Nova in a country lane near Caerleon, after slipping on mud and hitting the verge. The A-pillars crumpled and he turned the car into a wedge of cheese.

revgiblet

Post by revgiblet » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:55 am

I know a Welsh man who managed to roll an ice cream van.

Is that a worthy contribution to this thread?
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

Emperor Fossil

Post by Emperor Fossil » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:08 am

I wish Outrun 2 had lorries full of mud.

That would be cool.

TMR

Post by TMR » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:31 am

revgiblet wrote:I know a Welsh man who managed to roll an ice cream van.

Is that a worthy contribution to this thread?
Only if it was playing Greensleeves at the time...