All Ball, no Sparky ;)

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Turrican

All Ball, no Sparky ;)

Post by Turrican » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:31 am

Now that we know where you are, you sly dog you, what happened to ya at the weekend. There were a few folk lookin for you waiting for a grand, retro ball entrance, we were gettin a bit worried, boss.. :)
It's like an old pair of slippers, isn't it?

sparky

Post by sparky » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:21 am

Have I let the cat out of the bag. :wink:

Well, I would have loved to have gone, but on this occasion I decided to stay away, I'm not going to go into detail, but what I will say is this:

Over the past few months there have been too many sarcastic snipes, not only towards people but also forums. All we have seen this do is disect the retro community and cause bitterness, regardless of the impact, it's still wrong.

The community has to start realising that not everyone can take these comments on board and dispose of them at will, some take it personally.

Retro is about everyone enjoying a past interest and sharing those experiences with others, so I say we all take a little more time in reading our replies prior to posting and remember that text has no tone.

A very 'Merry Christmas & Happy New Year' to everyone

Mark

PS: Turrican, thanks for your post, I'll be coming to the next outing, making sure people know who I am. :shock:

boyo

Re:

Post by boyo » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:39 pm

sparky wrote:Have I let the cat out of the bag. :wink:

Well, I would have loved to have gone, but on this occasion I decided to stay away, I'm not going to go into detail, but what I will say is this:

Over the past few months there have been too many sarcastic snipes, not only towards people but also forums. All we have seen this do is disect the retro community and cause bitterness, regardless of the impact, it's still wrong.

The community has to start realising that not everyone can take these comments on board and dispose of them at will, some take it personally.

Retro is about everyone enjoying a past interest and sharing those experiences with others, so I say we all take a little more time in reading our replies prior to posting and remember that text has no tone.

A very 'Merry Christmas & Happy New Year' to everyone

Mark

PS: Turrican, thanks for your post, I'll be coming to the next outing, making sure people know who I am. :shock:
Hey m8,

Get onto the Retro Fusion forum - i feel as if we have lost touch m8 ...

Chris