The Guitarists Thread

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

IronMaidenRule

Re: The Guitarists Thread

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:54 pm

Scratch_Porkings wrote:Hi guysI 've got a Yamaha LL6 acoustic six string and a mandolin. I started learning at 30 and joined a folk band in eastbourne about six months later as backing singer and drums then guitar when I got less than incompetent! I'm not a collector, I've got my mandolin and six string in the living room and my first guitar in the loft (a Sammik?? Something like that) I haven't played with the band in about 4yrs, but do want to get back to it.
Good stuff, do you finger pick or use a plectrum?? I find finger picking a very impressive technique.

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:26 pm

IronMaidenRule wrote:
Scratch_Porkings wrote:Hi guysI 've got a Yamaha LL6 acoustic six string and a mandolin. I started learning at 30 and joined a folk band in eastbourne about six months later as backing singer and drums then guitar when I got less than incompetent! I'm not a collector, I've got my mandolin and six string in the living room and my first guitar in the loft (a Sammik?? Something like that) I haven't played with the band in about 4yrs, but do want to get back to it.
Good stuff, do you finger pick or use a plectrum?? I find finger picking a very impressive technique.
I'm a finger picker, I can barely use a plectrum and have only really used them for volume playing rhythm to a crowded folk club.
Scott me up beamie!

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:11 pm

Scratch_Porkings wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote:
I'm a finger picker, I can barely use a plectrum and have only really used them for volume playing rhythm to a crowded folk club.
Cool, I have had a bash at trying to play Romanza a few times by finger picking, found it very difficult......compared to guitar wanking with a plectrum, which is much easier.