When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

MC1

Post by MC1 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:52 pm

Why not you sh1thouse :lol:

Nitters

Post by Nitters » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:19 pm

MC1 wrote:Why not you sh1thouse :lol:
He was about three times bigger than me, and looked as if he could rip me limb-from-limb :)
#define QUESTION ((bb) | !(bb)) - Shakespeare.

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:40 pm

Seem to recall Tim Lovejoy (is that his name) in an article last week, Nuts or Zoo whichever he writes for saying he reckons rugby will eventually need padding as the guys are getting so big and bulky they're gonna need them.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:43 pm

Always found a ptroblem with the trading system when it comes to making console games of American sports, i.e. Madden, NHL, NBA etc. All the players are rated out of 100, so you simply trade your player for someone rated 1 place higher, carry on with each player until you have the best team in the league, only way to fix it though is not to rate each player.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Yeah tough one really. Like you say it makes it too easy, they should perhaps have some 'dummy ' ratings. Eg a player might be 75 75 75 75 but when you trade for him hes better than you think and his skills increase to 85 85 85 and vica versa.

I run a Fantasy american football league and i do that for the draft, a player may look crap but could be a superstar. Happens in real life when a team picks a player low in the draft and he turns out to be a very good player, much better than his low selection.

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:01 pm

Exactly, in real life it can totally happen in any sport, can't really think of many other management games where if you try to buy a player you're given a rating for him, can depend on so many different things.