People like THIS!?!?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Post Reply

What should be done to people like this!?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:42 pm

Regular justice - jail time, protected from the other inmates.
1
5%
Jail time, but no special treatment.
3
14%
Bring back the death sentence for cases like this (where there's no doubt of guilt).
11
50%
Classify the type of crime as one that justifies torture (preferably until death).
7
32%
 
Total votes: 22

User avatar
OriginalJax
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:44 am
Location: Canada - waaaaay east!
Contact:

People like THIS!?!?

Post by OriginalJax » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:42 pm

I find it really disheartening to read about things like this. What compels a person to do such things?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7049864.stm

The current modus-operandi seems to be to simply put these animals in jail, in protective custody and away from the general prison population, at great expense to the taxpayer.

Even putting monsters like this away for LIFE isn't enough in my opinion, but I'm curious about other folks... I know what I'D do with them (given the chance)...
WTF!? The 80's are GONE!? And they're never coming BACK!?

User avatar
rossi46
Posts: 4364
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:14 pm
Location: melrose
Contact:

Post by rossi46 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:49 pm

I'd take the life from them by excecution. plain and simple. like saddam hussain
Thoughts and prayers.

User avatar
markopoloman
Posts: 11657
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:03 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Post by markopoloman » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:48 pm

Sick feckers like that should be strung up. End of story.

What is wrong with these people? How the fack can any human being harm a child?

Paedos should be castrated with no anesthetic and left to bleed to death in a rat filled cell. and those people like in the news pointed out by origionaljax ..... Hang slowly with angry parents using baseball bats to smack the sh!t out of them.



That'll do for a start............. :evil:

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26843
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:22 am

I've had many arguments with a friend about prisons.

She's of the opinion that they are places for reabilitation and there is no point in locking up peopl ewho can't be rehabilitated, with the mental ones being retained in a secure hospital.

My opinion is that they are places for punishment and are meant to be overcrowded with buckets for toilets and where all rights are removed. Prefereably with some violence thrown in. Its meant to be a place you don't want to go and you certainly won't to go back to.

3 strikes and out for all crims. Everyone can make a mistake, twice is just stupid but 3 times is taking the mick. Some of my customers had records that run well into tens, with many approaching the hundreds. Scumbags.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
woody.cool
Posts: 8809
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:29 am
Location: Northampton, UK
Contact:

Post by woody.cool » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:27 am

Classify the type of crime as one that justifies torture (preferably until death).

It really sickens me to think people would do such a thing.

I think they should stone him to death!

User avatar
SirClive
Posts: 20261
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Planet Sinclair
Contact:

Post by SirClive » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:11 am

I'm with Ant's friend. If you cannot both rehabilitate and punish someone in prison then then there is no reason to keep them locked up. There is absolutely no point to life imprisonment. If they can't be rehabilitated and they can't be let back out then they should just be killed.
Image

User avatar
yakmag
Posts: 846
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: St Helens

Post by yakmag » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:16 am

They should send em to Tent City, that prison in America that was on telly a couple of nights ago....
The chap who runs that certainly has got his head screwed on..

Check this out....

http://www.cnn.com/US/9907/27/tough.sheriff/

User avatar
woody.cool
Posts: 8809
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:29 am
Location: Northampton, UK
Contact:

Post by woody.cool » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:16 am

SirClive wrote:If they can't be rehabilitated and they can't be let back out then they should just be killed.
I agree with that one. However, I think it's all depends on the crime in question. Any child abuse type crime should lead to death though! If someone can do such a thing to a child, they don't deserve to live.

User avatar
SirClive
Posts: 20261
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Planet Sinclair
Contact:

Post by SirClive » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:19 am

I don;t agree that it depends on the crime. We have discussed this in a different thread and I am all for the 3 strikes rule for lower offences.

Take Burglary for example...
1st offence, you've gone astray, you get a moderate punishment
2nd offence, you've not learned your lesson, strong punishment
3rd offence, you have proved you can't be rehabilitated, lethal injection.
Image

User avatar
woody.cool
Posts: 8809
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:29 am
Location: Northampton, UK
Contact:

Post by woody.cool » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:31 am

SirClive wrote:I don;t agree that it depends on the crime. We have discussed this in a different thread and I am all for the 3 strikes rule for lower offences.

Take Burglary for example...
1st offence, you've gone astray, you get a moderate punishment
2nd offence, you've not learned your lesson, strong punishment
3rd offence, you have proved you can't be rehabilitated, lethal injection.
That's fair enough .......... for something like burglary.
But for kiddy fiddling, child abuse or child murder, I don't think any rehabilitation will help at all - anyone who interferes with children (sexual or abusive) is the lowest of the low - a complete scumbag. They should be killed instantly (if they actually committed the crime) - as an accessory to a crime involving a child victim, the 3 strike rule should apply. An accessory doesn't mean that the person did the crime - they just knew about it/were involved in setting it up.

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26843
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:33 am

SirClive wrote:I'm with Ant's friend. If you cannot both rehabilitate and punish someone in prison then then there is no reason to keep them locked up. There is absolutely no point to life imprisonment. If they can't be rehabilitated and they can't be let back out then they should just be killed.
My friend doesn't agree with death penalty. She thinks that if they can't be rehabilitated and aren't mental, they should be left free. Personally I think she's verging on insanity but apparently its a popular view among psychologists.

I'm all for death penalty. It'd certainly see a reduction in re-offenders. Well, it would after the second time ;)

pisses me off no end when crims are in the news getting compensation for conditions, claiming they have rights. They knew the rules of our society before the crime, by breaking the law they have chosen to live outwith those rules and therefore give up those rights. They can't pick and choose which laws they like. Can't imagine I'd get far if I decided that laws on speeding didn't apply to me.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

psj3809
Posts: 18866
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:28 am

Post by psj3809 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:50 am

In cases like this i would execute that bloke 100%. Think his missus got off lightly as well, theres been other cases like this and the woman always seems to get far less time.

Sod all this 'rehabilitate' them crap, sod all this 'he was abused by his stepdad as a kid' excuses. If people knew there were some tough penalties then it 'might' stop a fair few. Dont want us turning into an arab country where we cut off burglers hands etc BUT on the other hand i think that would be a major deterrant to say the least !

I hate hearing the excuses, 'hes this way because he doesnt have enough e numbers' or something, 'he was picked on at school' etc, as Chris Rock says what happened to 'just plain crazy'.

Sadly he'll cost us a ton and rot in jail for years then get let out at some stage as hes shown 'improvement'. Its a joke. Like you say their rights went out when they did this crime.

If a burglar came into my house tonight and i confronted him and managed to smash his knees with a baseball bat no doubt i'll get sued. Ridiculous. If you dont want your knees broken then dont try to burgle my house. Easy.

User avatar
will2097
Posts: 3909
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:24 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire
Contact:

Post by will2097 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:53 am

If it could be done cheaply and effectively - Execution. It's not like we need these people. Why do we have to put so much effort into keeping them alive?

User avatar
FatTrucker
Posts: 4724
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:23 pm
Location: Essex

Post by FatTrucker » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:14 am

I don't agree with the death penalty. Its not particularly effective as a deterrent (those who commit crimes heinous enough to qualify are generally unbalanced enough that it will make no difference to whether they offend or not), and as comfortable as it sometimes is to heark back to the burning sticks and pitchforks method of law enforcement, its not really a good long term option. The reason is that once its in place as a lawful punishment, over time there's nothing to stop the criteria being changed or perverted.

Now I'm not a bleeding heart liberal, I don't agree with the Human rights act, and I feel the same sense of impotent rage when I see things like the case above. But if you look at many countries that do employ the death penalty you either see a system thats based in brutality and extremeism (Iran, China etc) or a system thats so deeply and institutionally corrupt that some people who have been the victims of nothing more than poor judgment, unfortunate circumstance or outright discrimination are currently waiting to die (the US).

What we need is a move away from the Human Rights Act brand of imprisonment and get back to making prisons, nasty, violent, unhealthy places of despair that your common or garden criminal will taste once and be too terrified to have to go back to.

I agree with the 3 strikes rule, but not leading to a death sentence but instead a period of indefinite detainment, with serious offenses not carrying a 'maximum limit' on the tariff a judge can impose. If a crime warrants someone being locked up forever then the option should be there.

1st Strike - You are offered the chance to rehabilitate along with the support needed to succeed.

2nd Strike - Incarceration in tough prisons, with unpleasant conditions and offered the same opportunity to rehabilitate on release.

3rd Strike - Permanent or indefinite incarceration.

Obviously serious or capital offenses like murder should be an immediate 3rd Strike. In cases of things like rape, child abuse (physical not sexual) though, its a tough one to call because there is so much scope for error. For example a perfectly ordinary law abiding bloke, goes out for a night on the p*ss, meets a drunk girl, takes her home and has sex. She wakes up, sobers up, and cries rape. Is this someone who should look at a life sentence??.

What about the parent who just has a particularly accident prone child, thats always in bumps, scrapes, falls down the stairs, has broken a leg a couple of times, burn't themselves on the cooker etc?. To an outside observer that child may well be the victim of abuse, but as any parent will tell you, kids can damage themselves perfectly well, all by themselves....should that person be at risk of a permanent life sentence?.

Its very hard to make policy or all encompassing law for, because there are so many variables. In the main thats why I disagree with the death penalty, or any 'extreme' law, because its always open to error and miscarriages of justice. Once it is in place its badly open for abuse or amendment driven by government agenda...just look at how they've perverted anti-terror laws both here and in the US to exert control over all sorts of free speech and rights of protest.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.
Image

User avatar
Opa-Opa
Posts: 4304
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:35 pm
Location: Kent UK
Contact:

Post by Opa-Opa » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:28 am

SirClive wrote: Take Burglary for example...
1st offence, you've gone astray, you get a moderate punishment
2nd offence, you've not learned your lesson, strong punishment
3rd offence, you have proved you can't be rehabilitated, lethal injection.
Burglary is a hard one, yes if someone is repetedly breaking into peoples house's to steal electrical goods to order because they need to fund a scag habit then just have them put down like the waste of space they are..

If on the other hand (2 sides to every coin etc etc..) they have to keep stealing to feed their family because they have been let down buy the goverment and a system that clearly favors some people over others for no fair reason, then should the offender be killed just for trying to look after his own family..?
It's a tough one.. Do you watch your children go hungry, or just nick something from a stranger..? I'm pretty sure every honest, hard working person on this board would think nothing of stealing from someone if a loved one of theirs depended on it, but are lucky enough at the moment not to have to even think about such hardship and extremes.

The law in this country is all wrong though and somethings need changing, for example the guy who just got convicted of stabbing a Vicar to death and only got done for Man slaughter, whats that about..? Thats murder, he stabbed a Vicar to death.!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest