Retro T-Shirts

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

thefunkygibbon

Retro T-Shirts

Post by thefunkygibbon » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:29 am

Anyone have any links to any decent online shops that sell retro gaming related t-shirt designs?

I'm looking for the Sensible Soccer T shirt that has a Sensi Team lined up on the chest and and number and i think SENSIBLE written on the back like a player name.

but any other t shirts would be cool too.

thanks in advance

CodenameMAT

Post by CodenameMAT » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:28 am

www.rgcd.co.uk - it's the dog's danglies.

thefunkygibbon

Post by thefunkygibbon » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:40 am

yeah seen that one. not the one i wanted though. the one i've seen has the whole team in a relatively large strip accross the chest.

the joystick junkies one is just a tiny thing around the nipple.

edit
plus i aint paying £25 for it! jebus. not when they cost £2 to make. can get one custom made for £20

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:32 am

I know the one you mean but dunno where to get it from.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

supermario

Post by supermario » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:55 am

I picked up 4 decent ones in my local TKMAXX about 4 weeks ago.

2 x Space invaders (1 just with the Invaders Alien from the side of the Cabinet (Royal T) and 1 from Seventy-seven.com - light blue with lots of Japanese writing and hi-scores.
1 x Street Fighter "Life is full of choices" with the main characters - also Royal T

and my personal favorite - a plain black T with "PLAYSATAN 3" in the Playstation 3 font :lol: - Probably meatandcheese.com

PS - That's me wearing it at RN as well.

chewy

Post by chewy » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:45 am

Those joystik ones are a bit on the crap side. I've got the Yie Ar Kung Fu one, and it's figure hugging tight. My girlfriend bought me a couple in Large, I like my tees baggy as sin, (Usually buy XLs) so this is a problem. A large should still give me enough room, but they seem to be fitted. I'm scared to wash them in case they shrink anymore!!! :shock:
Got a couple of dodgy ones from Camden market, a Ninty one with "Know Your Roots" and a NES pad and a "Know Your Mushrooms" one.

StickHead

Post by StickHead » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:59 am

http://www.retrogt.com has some nice Ts for £12, no Sensi ones though, sorry!

I bought the Elite one and the Asteroids one. They are pretty good quality and seem to wash well.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:02 am

I bought one online with Jetman on the other week but I'll be damned if I can remember the name of the site I got it from :?
Splink!

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:51 am

I bought 4 joystick junkies t-shirts yesterday in various shops sales. 3 were Space Invaders types and one was the Sensi-soccer one mentioned earlier.

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:03 am

supermario wrote:1 x Street Fighter "Life is full of choices" with the main characters - also Royal T
Nice! Is that one of their regular lines of clothing !?! I wouldn't mind adding that to my collection.

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:12 am

http://www.thinkgeek.com is an obvious choice, if you don't mind paying shipping rates from the US.

Saying this, I often buy t-shirts from the US from various places, and even after shipping, they usually work out cheaper than you could buy them for in the UK.

supermario

Post by supermario » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:52 am

Woody.cool wrote (about the SF t-shirt)
Nice! Is that one of their regular lines of clothing !?! I wouldn't mind adding that to my collection.
Not sure Woody - TKMAXX usually has stuff which had previously been on sale elsewhere a few months ago so it's a case of "take your chances".
They have a fantastic range and lots of really smart (IMO) ones so it's well worth a visit - just don't go if you're a compulsive buyer :P

TheBoingoBandit

Post by TheBoingoBandit » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:22 pm

supermario wrote:I picked up 4 decent ones in my local TKMAXX about 4 weeks ago.

2 x Space invaders (1 just with the Invaders Alien from the side of the Cabinet (Royal T) and 1 from Seventy-seven.com - light blue with lots of Japanese writing and hi-scores.
1 x Street Fighter "Life is full of choices" with the main characters - also Royal T

and my personal favorite - a plain black T with "PLAYSATAN 3" in the Playstation 3 font :lol: - Probably meatandcheese.com

How much were TKMAXX selling them for please?

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:25 pm

TheBoingoBandit wrote:
supermario wrote:I picked up 4 decent ones in my local TKMAXX about 4 weeks ago.

If you have to ask , you can't afford 'em

Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

supermario

Post by supermario » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:59 pm

TheBoingoBandit wrote
I think the 4 of them came to about £42