Concerts

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:07 am

Shin_Gouki wrote:Best concert I went to was The Offspring at the Sydney Entertainment Centre in 1999, cost $40 (bloody bargain - find an arena concert for that price now!) and it was fantastic.

I didn't make it to the Foo Fighters at the Opera House last year, they're my fave band and I'm kicking myself now. Next time they tour, I'll be first in line for tickets. 8)
Fink u jus missed it agen!!!! Have tickets to see foos on Nov 18th at O2 arena.....Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a god...an his name is Dave Grohl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Retrotechy.
Zapp Brannigan Quote - You remind me of a younger me Fry, Not much younger mind, Perhaps even a little older... Image

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:27 am

Therapy? at the Concorde in Brighton a couple of years ago...bloody marvellous.

djcarlos

Re: Concerts

Post by djcarlos » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:28 am

chewy wrote: Up there as my favourite gig so far, apart from the Damn Tube Strike.
What were they like? Used to love them, not heard any of their recent stuff.

stvd

Post by stvd » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:18 am

I'm not going to bore folks with lists of bands I've been to see.
It's about "gig stories" and mine is short and sweet...........

199(something)
Glasgow Barrowlands
Ice Cube
Somebody stabbed & died (in the venue)
over a hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not one of the best gigs I've been to
but I wont forget it.

Graham Humphrey

Post by Graham Humphrey » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:05 pm

Last gig I went to was to see Fields at the Norwich Arts Centre, an extremely small venue and it was excellent. The support band were awesome too, they're called Hush The Many and they're well worth checking out: http://www.myspace.com/hushthemany

MC1

Post by MC1 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:58 pm

chewy wrote:
MC1 wrote:In the last couple of years seen;

Slayer
Slipknot
Mastadon
Hatebreed
Disturbed
Trivium (3 times)
Iron Maiden
In Flames
God Forbid
Gojirra
Mendeed
Annihilator
Children of Bodom
Lamb of God
Thine Eyes Bleed
Atreyu
My Chemical Romance
Billy Talent
Plus quite a few more I cant remember.

Off to see Gallows and others next week at Middlesbrough Town Hall. Then in November I am off to the Black Crusade Concert featuring;

Machinehead
Trivium
Dragonforce
Shadows Fall
Arch Enemy.
Someone went to Download last couple of years I'll bet! :)
I went to the 06 Download, was the best weekend I've ever had.
Saw Ozzy and Sabbath at Aylesbury Civic Centre a few years ago. Tiny venue+massive band=7,000,000 types of awesome.
I wish. I've never been to download. It is always around about my birthday. Every year I plan to go but never get round to it.

Maybe next year. :wink:

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:14 pm

Gig memories.....

Kiss @ Wembley Arena on the 'Psycho Circus' tour in 1999 (I think). The original line up, in full costume and make up. Brilliant show. Huge amounts of pyro, excellent stage setting, and 3d video displays (you got a pair of polarised glasses on the way in. I was right down the front, in my Gene Simmons make up.

Metallica @ MEN Arena in 1996. Another awesome arena show. Playe din the round and did the 'damage, inc' stage show (as seen on the 'Cunning Stunts' DVD). Again, on the barrier at the 'front'. Nearly censored myself when the lighting rig 'collapsed' right over me.

Twisted Sister @ Manchester Academy 2006. Great to see a legendary band is a relatively small hall (@1500 capacity). Full blown rock show. No pyro, no bull, just great songs.

W.A.S.P. @ Manchester Academy 2, 2004+2006. Both great for different reasons. 2004 cos it was the first time I saw W.A.S.P., 2006 because the show was tighter and had Blackies mike stand/prop 'Elvis'.

And finally...

Misfits @ Manchester Academy 2 in 2006. Never been in such an active crowd before. Came out literally drenched with sweat. I had to buy a tour T I was that soaked. I even got Marky Ramones drumstick (he was one of the special guest performers).

And there are plenty of others I've been to: Buckcherry (back in 1999, before they became MySpace stars), One Minute Silence, The Damned, Pist.On, Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden, Marilyn Manson, Meat Loaf...
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

hanging

Post by hanging » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:59 pm

Gigs... too bloody many...

Seen

3 Colours Red (13-14 times)
Breed 77 (8 Times)
Aerosmith, Black Crowes, Stereophonics, Counting Crows, Tenacious D, Iron Maiden, Metallica, OPM, Hed(pe), One Minute Silence, Enter Shikari,

Lots of bands at all the downloads, Ozzfests, Bloodstocks and Leeds Fests..

Not including the bands i've worked with.. Hoping to be bouncing on the Taste of Chaos tour soon as well.
Abandonrom Paradise - Back one day.....
DaFastLane - news, views and random babble

chewy

Post by chewy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:25 am

djcarlos wrote:
chewy wrote: Up there as my favourite gig so far, apart from the Damn Tube Strike.
Perfect. Played "Brass Monkey" and "Time To Get Ill" off the first album which was a surprise, I didn't think they'd do stuff from "Licensed..."
They also did lots of tracks from the new instrumental album, a funk/soul/reggae/rock kinda album. They called it the Mix Up which is quite apt. But the best part was seeing "3 MC's and One DJ" live. Mixmaster Mike is one hell of a beast on the 'tables. They've been my favourite group since I can remember, so it was a big thing for me, and I went expecting a lot. Thankfully, they delivered 10 fold!

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:34 am

chewy wrote:
djcarlos wrote:
Perfect. Played "Brass Monkey" and "Time To Get Ill" off the first album which was a surprise, I didn't think they'd do stuff from "Licensed..."
They also did lots of tracks from the new instrumental album, a funk/soul/reggae/rock kinda album. They called it the Mix Up which is quite apt. But the best part was seeing "3 MC's and One DJ" live. Mixmaster Mike is one hell of a beast on the 'tables. They've been my favourite group since I can remember, so it was a big thing for me, and I went expecting a lot. Thankfully, they delivered 10 fold!
Remember seeing them at T in the Park in '98, awesome stuff!!! Think it was just after Hello Nasty was released. :D :D
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.