Football Chat

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Sun May 04, 2008 3:54 pm

bonerlaw wrote:At least stoke are now in the prem! At least for a season!
Stoke City - the most scummy pikey fans ive ever seen. Went to see QPR vs Stoke a few years back and thats the most trouble ive ever seen- all caused by the stoke fans. Shepherds Bush was a no go zone for some time after the game.

Burberry and anyone who makes soverign rings would probably go bust if it wasn't for them!

Anyway, that was a long time ago so I wish them well and hope they get 0 points :wink:
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sun May 04, 2008 4:15 pm

Loftgroover wrote:
At least stoke are now in the prem! At least for a season!
another member of the 'worst premier teams ever' club if ever i saw one!! might stick a tenner on them getting less than Derby.
Wouldn't you assume one of the two teams they scored more points than this season to be a better bet?
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sun May 04, 2008 4:16 pm

As for their manager Pulis - it's like Bassett and Warnock put together , but more direct

Tbh I'm glad a team have got promoted to the Prem who are guaranteed to sell out every week - the Britannia Stadium is a really intimidating place for players (and fans!) to visit .
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Sun May 04, 2008 10:42 pm

Dudley wrote:
Loftgroover wrote:
At least stoke are now in the prem! At least for a season!
another member of the 'worst premier teams ever' club if ever i saw one!! might stick a tenner on them getting less than Derby.
Wouldn't you assume one of the two teams they scored more points than this season to be a better bet?
i am quite drunk so may not quite fully understand....
but, first thought...derby are officially worst team ever even if they win the last game. they have 11 and could get 14 which is 1 less than sunderland got i think.

or you mean teams stoke finished above this season?...in that case yes or no depending on who else comes up.

albion stand a reasonable chance of scraping survival...sadly. a baggy is even lower than a nose in this town :D

watford or palace are a better bet for me than stoke to do ok thanks to premier league experience and being better off financially...hull too due semi rich owners. bristol city will be as pointless as stoke tho.

tiny teams, few fans, little money = enjoy it while you can but dont get ideas above your station.

a team like sunderland needed a whole new side plus if teams like derby and birmingham cant take the pressure, minnows like stoke and bristol have no chance.

all in all, after rambling away...stoke are still my bet to be worst team ever :lol:

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Mon May 05, 2008 6:00 am

Sorry, I made a mistake too, I thought Stoke were first.

Let me try again.

Since Stoke were 2nd wouldn't whoever wins the playoffs be a better bet for last place in the prem? After all, Stoke just beat them over a season.

Which you answered.

Birmingham could still stay up.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

Graham Humphrey

Post by Graham Humphrey » Mon May 05, 2008 6:29 am

Loftgroover wrote:tiny teams, few fans, little money = enjoy it while you can but dont get ideas above your station.
Try telling teams like Wigan and Reading (albeit Reading appear to be imploding right now).

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Mon May 05, 2008 6:52 am

Graham Humphrey wrote:
Loftgroover wrote:tiny teams, few fans, little money = enjoy it while you can but dont get ideas above your station.
Try telling teams like Wigan and Reading (albeit Reading appear to be imploding right now).
the difference with these 2 teams is that they played a style of football which would be succesful in the Premier League. They also both had some brilliant young players.

Stoke play a style of football which has allowed them to dominate Championship teams - but there's no way that Prem refs will allow them to get away with it against the primadonnas currently playing in the top division. Whether these same players can adopt a different method of playing - whether Pulis himself would be prepared to change his method of playing - is open to question

I guess we'll soon find out. One thing I AM sure about is that they won't roll over as meekly as Derby did - although I do think they are nailed-on to finish bottom of the pile next season
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Mon May 05, 2008 11:03 am

Birmingham could still stay up
such a hurtful, spiteful thing for a badger to say!!

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Mon May 05, 2008 1:05 pm

Dudley wrote:Birmingham could still stay up.
'Could 'being they appropriate but very unlikely word! I'd like them to but it's unlikely, wonder who Mcfadden's gonna be playing for next year?
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.