merman

Post by merman » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:13 pm

I'm happy enough with Ipswich's 6-0 win yesterday! :D
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Graham Humphrey

Post by Graham Humphrey » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:17 pm

merman wrote:I'm happy enough with Ipswich's 6-0 win yesterday! :D
Boooooooooooooooooo!

It was bad enough Norwich losing 3-0 but that just rubbed it in...

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:57 am

I can't believe Joey Barton is not being charged for his 'assault' in the Sunderland game. Once again the FA have no balls. Even though the ref didn't see it so they have the right to take action, they won't.

The guy is a thug who shouldn't be on a football pitch. I hope he never plays for England again, he's a disgrace.

Mr L

Post by Mr L » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:33 am

merman wrote:I'm happy enough with Ipswich's 6-0 win yesterday! :D
I was glad of this - as a Saints fan it meant our result went a little un-noticed because of this.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:46 am

'Great' ! I joined that site myfootballclub.co.uk where everyone paid a small amount of money and they would buy a club.

The club is the famous "Ebbsfleet United FC" ! Hmmm ! Apparently theyre 7th in the conference. Never heard of them ever !

I think most people thought they would be buying into a 1st or 2nd division side ! Hmmm, come on 'Ebbsfleet' !

merman

Post by merman » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:31 am

psj3809 wrote:'Great' ! I joined that site myfootballclub.co.uk where everyone paid a small amount of money and they would buy a club.

The club is the famous "Ebbsfleet United FC" ! Hmmm ! Apparently theyre 7th in the conference. Never heard of them ever !

I think most people thought they would be buying into a 1st or 2nd division side ! Hmmm, come on 'Ebbsfleet' !
They were Gravesend & Northfleet, there's an article on the BBC website about the deal.

Former Cambridge United players Liam Daish and Alan Kimble in charge at the moment.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:00 am

Cheers for that, obviously heard of Gravesend etc but didnt recognise this team. Apparently theyre an up and coming team with a good manager like you say.

I think most people were disappointed as they wanted a team in the 1st or 2nd division instead of the conference. Should be fun following them, unsure about letting us help pick the team though !

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:12 am

They are not far from me, just down the road a bit.
Might be worth keeping an eye on them, although they have never done anything worth watching in the past....

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:13 am

I'm a member too :)

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:27 am

sonic91 wrote:A 2-0 victory at the Theatre of Dreams puts us at the rightful place of the top of the league, c'mon Reading!
Shuuushhhh :wink:
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:16 am

Gutted Reading didnt do better but must admit didnt expect them to win this game.

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:55 am

psj3809 wrote:Gutted Reading didnt do better but must admit didnt expect them to win this game.
I was surprised that they didn't get "stuck in" - also, there were quite a few occations where there was a 50 - 50 ball and they just didn't bother.
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

sonic91

Post by sonic91 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:10 pm

SirClive wrote:I can't believe Joey Barton is not being charged for his 'assault' in the Sunderland game. Once again the FA have no balls. Even though the ref didn't see it so they have the right to take action, they won't.

The guy is a thug who shouldn't be on a football pitch. I hope he never plays for England again, he's a disgrace.
I wouldn't be surprised after a challenge like that if the player he assualted hasn't any balls now! I agree, Barton is a thug and a troublemaker, he deserves to be sacked.
Fight the good fight of faith,
Lay hold on Eternal life.

-1 Timothy 6:12-

sleeper77

Post by sleeper77 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:11 pm

After tonights match, all I can say is England did not deserve to qualify for Euro 2008 even before the Israel - Russia game. Their defending was woeful and Croatia always looked dangerous on the break. As for Steve Mclaren, he might have given what the England fans wanted, as in formation and players to put in place but it has not worked. Eriksson was criticised a lot for defensive formations and putting players in different positions, but if you think about it he did so because he knew England aren't as good as they think they are. Also the difference between England and Croatia is that England are not as technically better than the Croatians and do not know how to hold the ball. This is one thing I have said about the way England before and I'll say it again since they really need to improve in this area. Say, have the FA received a call from Jose Mourinho saying "I'm your new man"?

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:15 pm

I'm just glad that McClown's reign of tyranny is surely at an end now.

Sucks that England didn't qualify, but it would hardly have been deserved if they did. I'm quite concerned about how this game has affected Carson and what kind of treatment he will receive from now on (since we're supposed to be signing him from Pool full-time). I think he's a bit lucky in that McClown is going to get absolutely lambasted by the press tomorrow, so at least the spotlight is diverted.

Anyway, I'm gonna be digging out my Poland shirts and supporting them next summer 8) What about you guys?