Football Chat

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

James Bond

Post by James Bond » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:52 pm

Bloody hell, it's going to be hard for Liverpool now, how you feeling lads :shock:
My HD DVD/Blu Ray Collection:

http://romeos.dvdaf.com/owned

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:59 pm

James Bond wrote:Bloody hell, it's going to be hard for Liverpool now, how you feeling lads :shock:
shaken , but not stirred
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:28 pm

no worries, we've overcome worse odds before now, i just hope torres and agger are back soon

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:31 pm

sleeper77 wrote:Oh man, you should have seen the comical goal conceded by Liverpool in the first half against Besiktas.
i reckon it was more unlucky than comical, but it was definately one of those look at the ceiling and say "for f***'s sake" moments :lol:

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:01 am

Shocking performance from the players and even worse from the manager (again).

sonic91

Post by sonic91 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:32 am

Isn't that 2 own goals in consecutive games by Hyypia now? Poor Liverpool, they look down and out. 1 point out of 9. Still, glad to see Man U still going strong. Despite conceding 3 goals in the last 2 games (which is almost the same as the entire season so far before these 2 games) we are top, 9 out of 9 and going through. Dynamo needn't have bothered turning up. I have to admit the penalty was given in a strange way, but it was handball inside the box, and United should've been 6 up at half time. We're on for the treble again!
Fight the good fight of faith,
Lay hold on Eternal life.

-1 Timothy 6:12-

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:33 am

I'd bet your Pippin on them not getting the treble!

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:36 am

sonic91 wrote:Isn't that 2 own goals in consecutive games by Hyypia now?
I don't think anyone can blame hyypia for that one last night. The biggest own goal was waiting until we were 2-0 down to bring on Crouch. I am going to start calling Benitez DK, cos he is too stubborn to make any changes in a game.

sonic91

Post by sonic91 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:37 am

SirClive wrote:I'd bet your Pippin on them not getting the treble!
:lol:

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:40 am

Will be a really interesting few days for us - you would think this is the best possible time to play the scouse!

I have to say that I do get fed up with some of the press / media reactions to us - Ok, so the result on Tues was fantastic and we did play some really good stuff at times but the opposition was really poor. In fact, they were so poor, if Sp*rs had played them they would have probably managed a 0-0 draw :wink:
Last edited by Bub&Bob on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

sonic91

Post by sonic91 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:41 am

Besides, maybe Liverpool are doing so poorly in Europe because they want to mount a serious title challange in the Premier League. But quite honestly I can't see Liverpool winning the title. It's easy to say that a team can't go for everything, focusing on one competition takes the focus off another, therefore there's a slip in form, but I don't see that as the case. Man U won the lot in 1999 and came so close to repeating that last year: Premier League champions, Champions' League semi-finalists and FA Cup runners-up. Still, I can't complain about Liverpools' form, I'm a United fan!

sonic91

Post by sonic91 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:42 am

Bub&Bob wrote:Ok, so the result on Tues was fantastic and we did play some really good stuff at times but the opposition was really poor. In fact, they were so poor, if Sp*rs had played them they would have probably managed a 0-0 draw :wink:
Or a 7-0 defeat for Sp*rs! :wink:

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:26 am

Quote from Rafa:
DK wrote:"If we play like we did against Besiktas, we can win the final matches," said Liverpool boss Benitez.

"The players worked hard and you cannot blame them. The fans will be positive we can do it after seeing the game."
Was I watching a different game :? Not only did we get beat by the weakest team in the group, we deserved to lose. How that kind of performance will get wins against the tougher teams like Porto (who ran us ragged in the 1st match) god only knows.

sleeper77

Post by sleeper77 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:42 pm

sonic91 wrote:Besides, maybe Liverpool are doing so poorly in Europe because they want to mount a serious title challange in the Premier League. But quite honestly I can't see Liverpool winning the title. It's easy to say that a team can't go for everything, focusing on one competition takes the focus off another, therefore there's a slip in form, but I don't see that as the case. Man U won the lot in 1999 and came so close to repeating that last year: Premier League champions, Champions' League semi-finalists and FA Cup runners-up. Still, I can't complain about Liverpools' form, I'm a United fan!
You know I was thinking about that after the match. It seems to me Benitez is more interested in the Premier League than Europe this season. That is quite odd considering in the previous seasons it was the other way round, Europe first then Premiership second. As for Crouch, I am getting bored of seeing him coming on as a sub in the second half of every game for Liverpool and England. Reason being it becomes too predictable knowing he is brought on as a target man for long balls then headed into into the penalty area, which never really works as his heading is not accurate. Ok Besiktas played well although Liverpool's chances of qualifying look slim as not only do they need to win their remaining games but also the other teams need to slip up which looks very unlikely.

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:07 pm

@sonic91 how many teams are still unbeaten in the league this season?? just 2 that's all, and one of them are gonna be beaten sunday, you don't win the league before xmas :wink: