Football Chat

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:31 am

SirClive wrote:Winning the league and getting dumped out of the other trophies early on would not be good enough for me.

I disagree about crouch. He offers something th others don't. I am more concerned with Kuyyt at the moment. I think he is a great hard working player, but like Heskey he doesn't seem able to score many goals.
You'd really be disappointed only winning the league this season? :shock:
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:36 am

the league is the only thing that matters, the premiership is the one thing we've never won, a fa cup, league cup and european cup can wait

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:46 pm

Not saying I want more trophies than the league. I just don't want all our eggs in that basket.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:58 pm

SexyWayne wrote:the league is the only thing that matters, the premiership is the one thing we've never won, a fa cup, league cup and european cup can wait
The thing is , you've won the other trophies . Liverpool NEED the Premiership - badly , and that is the sentiment I hear from a few of my mates who are die-hard fans . An almost 20 year wait for the title is nothing short of scandalous , and I firmly believe that if Liverpool don't at least come close to winning it this season , the Liverpool board will replace Benitez with a manager who will
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:07 pm

SirClive wrote:
I disagree about crouch. He offers something th others don't.
Excellent TV reception if you stick a tin-foil hat on him?
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

MC1

Post by MC1 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:13 pm

And good for cobweb removal in those hard to reach areas.

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:16 pm

paranoid marvin wrote:
SexyWayne wrote:the league is the only thing that matters, the premiership is the one thing we've never won, a fa cup, league cup and european cup can wait
The thing is , you've won the other trophies . Liverpool NEED the Premiership - badly , and that is the sentiment I hear from a few of my mates who are die-hard fans . An almost 20 year wait for the title is nothing short of scandalous , and I firmly believe that if Liverpool don't at least come close to winning it this season , the Liverpool board will replace Benitez with a manager who will
that's why i said a fa cup, league cup and european cup can wait :wink: read again :P :wink:

anyway i blame souness, liverpool legend he might be, but the guy couldn't manage a crap

sonic91

Post by sonic91 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:26 am

Maybe this thread should be re-entitled: "Dear Liverpool fans, Bolton fans, etc.", including all the teams who have had a desicion not go their way against Chelsea when it clearly should have. Bolton should've had a penalty, the ball clearly struck Steve Sidwell on the arm right under the nose of the referee.
Fight the good fight of faith,
Lay hold on Eternal life.

-1 Timothy 6:12-

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:08 am

I am going to rename the thread - Football Chat
Lets use it to discuss any teams.

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:53 am

Perhaps next season then :wink:
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:01 am

Happy with another Reading win, Reading havent looked great this year but glad they bounced back from that ridiculous 7-4 game ! Won a few games lately and bounce back up the table thankfully.

Still very nervous about this season but a vital 3 points against a team who is bottom.

RetroRik

Post by RetroRik » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:03 am

I support Liverpool but i would like to mention Leeds....

One more win could put them in the playoff positions...

Nothing short of amazing considering the -15 points... :shock:

RIK

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:16 am

sonic91 wrote:They had a rule like that in the Champions' League many years ago, didn't they? Something like a maximum of 5 foreign players?
T'was 3 if I recall, or was that just the league? Seem to remember Alex ferguson letting Keith Gillespie go and stating it was only cause he was classed as a foreigner and he was competing with Beckham so was never really gonna get a chance.
Join the Retroleague, dip in and out or compete to be the best, everyone welcome! https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/retroleague/

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:28 am

RetroRik wrote:I support Liverpool but i would like to mention Leeds....

One more win could put them in the playoff positions...

Nothing short of amazing considering the -15 points... :shock:

RIK
My Girlfriend is a Leeds fan (used to have a box at Elland Road). She is made up with this season. To be honest, I think Leeds fans are preferring this to a season of mid table in the Championship.
I must confess to having a cheeky check of the Leeds score myself each week too. I hope they can keep this run going.
I heard last week that they were actually favourites to win the division!!!

sleeper77

Post by sleeper77 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:41 pm

Oh man, you should have seen the comical goal conceded by Liverpool in the first half against Besiktas. Now they have a mountain to climb as Besiktas are defending comfortably and using the counter attack to great effect. Liverpool are trying a lot of quick crosses into the peanlty area but it is not working. At least another 45 minutes to go.